Supervisors get walked out?

KOG72

I’m full of it
01080A91-22D4-485F-B4DD-F02A818B11EB.jpeg
Yep. And he was WRONG!

Over 70

You must be in a state that doesn't require two party consent to record. In PA you'd be arrested immediately and terminated more than likely.

I've seen it happen.

Regardless of state laws, couldn't UPS company policy get you for recording possibly? I know video for sure.

You must be in a state that doesn't require two party consent to record. In PA you'd be arrested immediately and terminated more than likely.

I've seen it happen.

Regardless of state laws, couldn't UPS company policy get you for recording possibly? I know video for sure.
Yes, I am. I knew it’d be frowned upon in the least. But it was a situation that I had to weigh the pros and cons. Definitely paid off in this situation. Scary to think they could do what they done regardless. Been a hostile work environment for quite some time

newfie

Yes, I am. I knew it’d be frowned upon in the least. But it was a situation that I had to weigh the pros and cons. Definitely paid off in this situation. Scary to think they could do what they done regardless. Been a hostile work environment for quite some time

I don't think you answered his question ,did you research whether its against the law in your state to record without permission?

newfie

I did. As long as one party (me) is aware, it’s legal. Only way it’s not is if I’m simply recording someone else’s conversations.

I don't know you from Adam. but here is what I think you are telling us here?

you were fired for work place violence?
for some reason the management folks at ups were concerned enough about your actions to call in the police?
the natural question would be do they routinely overreact and call the police when presented with innocent non threatening statements?
you knew you going to have a conversation with management and had the were withal to record the conversation without their knowing you did so.
prior to recording this conversation you had the were withal to research the legalities of recording and discovered your state has one party consent laws?
you somehow hid the recording device so that they did not see it?
yet the sound quality of the recording was of such quality that you were able to replay it and absolve yourself of guilt.
the shop steward had no reason to dislike you yet was in cahoots with management against you?
the shop steward for some unknown reason became so angered with you he had to be removed from the meeting ?

So despite incompetent over reacting management and an incompetent over reacting shop steward you were able to out wit all and get your job back with back pay?

Did I miss anything?

I don't know you from Adam. but here is what I think you are telling us here?

you were fired for work place violence?
for some reason the management folks at ups were concerned enough about your actions to call in the police?
the natural question would be do they routinely overreact and call the police when presented with innocent non threatening statements?
you knew you going to have a conversation with management and had the were withal to record the conversation without their knowing you did so.
prior to recording this conversation you had the were withal to research the legalities of recording and discovered your state has one party consent laws?
you somehow hid the recording device so that they did not see it?
yet the sound quality of the recording was of such quality that you were able to replay it and absolve yourself of guilt.
the shop steward had no reason to dislike you yet was in cahoots with management against you?
the shop steward for some unknown reason became so angered with you he had to be removed from the meeting ?

So despite incompetent over reacting management and an incompetent over reacting shop steward you were able to out wit all and get your job back with back pay?

Did I miss anything?
Pretty much sums it up. And no, I’m te first they called the police on

newfie

Pretty much sums it up. And no, I’m te first they called the police on

good , sounds like you're willing to discuss it honestyl. Most of us at the brown machine are people just trying to do a job to the best of our abilities . some of those you deal with may not be able to do that job effectively. I don't know the people you dealt so I cant say for sure where that line is with your management team and steward

I do concede that management makes bad decisions in how they treat their people . with that said their calling the police in response to something you said is highly unusual behavior.

is it possible they legitimately misunderstood something you said and were concerned enough to call the police?

good , sounds like you're willing to discuss it honestyl. Most of us at the brown machine are people just trying to do a job to the best of our abilities . some of those you deal with may not be able to do that job effectively. I don't know the people you dealt so I cant say for sure where that line is with your management team and steward

I do concede that management makes bad decisions in how they treat their people . with that said their calling the police in response to something you said is highly unusual behavior.

is it possible they legitimately misunderstood something you said and were concerned enough to call the police?
No. It was legitimately a conspiracy. I know it’s difficult to simply accept that based on my story. But it honestly was