Supplemental / Temp driver training ~ Ground

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Well, let's steer this back on the tracks...

Since some of us will still be using the Motorola mc 9500 powerpad thru this peak,

sketch-1540434855304.png

That way, my screen doesn't go wacky when I unlock it to see my manifest

OrioN

DEX codes... mainly for HD ops, Ground can chime in

002 wrong address, bad house# bad still name, wrong zipcode, etc

003 unable to locate

004 business not in. In HD, some terminals don't want you to use that... use 007 instead

006 customer refuse package... you choose a reason from the pop up & have them sign the powerpad. U can also write the reason on the service cross

007 unable to get a signature for Sig required packages. 3 attempts will be made before giving it to the qa clerk. Rip off the bottom of the status door tag for direct or adult signature
sketch-1540211298574.png

Side note, the person who did the new tags used common sense... fits exactly on our cargo pockets of the pants/shorts! I hated the longer ones that curl over when in those pockets for the day

010 inspection required... I have a thread about it. Leaking box? Sounds like broken glass? Don't deliver it & give to the qa clerk the next day or during vsa (van service audit)

Using DEX 010 ~ inspection required

011 business closed on Saturday. Hopefully we can pull these stops off the truck Saturday morning and divert them to ground for Monday delivery. Waste of time and cargo space to take them for a ride...

012 package sorted to wrong route. When a preloader or someone gave you a stop that's not in your immediate service area. It shouldn't count against the subcontractor, but it does in my terminal, which is b.s. I verify my stops as I load them so this doesn't affect me much.

016 on manifest, but not on van. Sometimes, the preload gives it to your neighboring van during the sort because management wants these hourly workers off the clock to make their "bonus"... that's when the neighboring driver discover that extra box & has to code it 012

079 usually for a driver giving a missort or misplot to another "on road" or helping out another driver when you're done early... sometimes not needed when you auto reconcile at end of day process (if that other driver delivered them before you log out)

081 driver refused... rare cases that crappy customer that you don't want to service. Does this turn to a DEX 027 during the vsa? They're the ones who try that BOGO free deal by disputing a delivery for example

082 weather delay... management will tell you when it's authorized to use it

083 holiday so a re attempt won't count towards the 3 tries

With GPS enabled, u may have to use these the next day if you've made an oops

017 misdelivered box picked up

018 misdelivered box dropped off at correct address

Ground, what's 034? Inventory/ request future delivery?

Last edited:

FedGT

Business is closed for inventory or for a certain amount of time. Write the date to redeliver on the package. They still won’t do there job and pull the package off you truck but as long as you catch it sometimes they will move it to a hold till that date.

CJinx

Scanning businesses as 07 is a way some people choose to cook the books and make service appear better than it actually is. Some stations let that go, others insist that CSPs use 04s but change them to 34s on the van service audit, but generally nobody likes 04 because it impacts inbound local service (and some manager's bonuses) whereas other codes do not.

CJinx

Business is closed for inventory or for a certain amount of time. Write the date to redeliver on the package. They still won’t do there job and pull the package off you truck but as long as you catch it sometimes they will move it to a hold till that date.
Bring the preload assist label to QA or whoever does your Vision planning; they can put the address in the closure portal and stop packages from ever getting to your truck.

floridays

But the days of $600 a week for 70 hours are long gone. At least for my guys. I’m not hiring for peak. Know why? Because we can easily handle the increase.

Let me put it this way. My manager told me earlier this year he was thinking of leaving. I gave him a 35% raise. Know why? As I explained to him, if he left, I’d have to hire two drivers to replace him anyway. May as well get used to paying it.
If it took 35% to keep him he was underpaid from the start. I thought he was a manager, your gonna let two new hire drivers replace your "Manager?" Sounds like your "Manager" is just your best driver you gave a title just to keep him. You found out the title scam doesn't work I see. If I was the guy, I'd knock on your door this Friday and lighten up your checkbook a little more.

bbsam

Staff member
If it took 35% to keep him he was underpaid from the start. I thought he was a manager, your gonna let two new hire drivers replace your "Manager?" Sounds like your "Manager" is just your best driver you gave a title just to keep him. You found out the title scam doesn't work I see. If I was the guy, I'd knock on your door this Friday and lighten up your checkbook a little more.
I don’t know. Maybe I could have kept him for 10%.

bbsam

Staff member
Doubtful, be like the parent company, engage in a take away. I hope you have 2 managers... drivers ready to fill his seat.
Maybe you should go back to playing Supreme Court Jester. You really don’t know what you’re talking about.

floridays

Maybe you should go back to playing Supreme Court Jester. You really don’t know what you’re talking about.
Try taking back 25% of what you gave him smart guy. See what happens.
I do know what I'm talking about, I challenge you to pick any legal issue I've made a definitive statement about and show me incorrect. You may not like it, but it is truth. You can't do it big guy. Get your 25% back from your driver tomorrow, see how that plays out.

OrioN

Geez, yes a good manager will make or break the drivers views of that particular Corp... it's already happening in my group right now. My current BC or AO isn't doing that well... it's not affecting me yet until he forget about my vehicle capacity & I can't double trip to the terminal.

Another seasoned driver had moved on. While the replacement driver walked out due to improper vehicle and too much workload for the rental box truck.

Speaking of rental box trucks...

sketch-1540599747456-png.219423

If you're going to be driving a box truck, extend the rear pull down strap... keep your feet on the ground instead of hopping up on the rear bumper.

I found a yellow strap on the side of the road, so I cut it to length.

Use the free weather bags as a strap. Double up and make it long if you're a midget

mxblue

I found a yellow strap on the side of the road, so I cut it to length.

Use the free weather bags as a strap. Double up and make it long if you're a midget

You should secure the strap to the door handle. Those old weathered door straps are a safety hazard.

bbsam

Staff member
Try taking back 25% of what you gave him smart guy. See what happens.
I do know what I'm talking about, I challenge you to pick any legal issue I've made a definitive statement about and show me incorrect. You may not like it, but it is truth. You can't do it big guy. Get your 25% back from your driver tomorrow, see how that plays out.
I get more than that 35% out of him every single day.

OrioN

You should secure the strap to the door handle. Those old weathered door straps are a safety hazard.
This is a 2015 gmc... if it starts showing signs of fatigue, I'll do just that. Thanx

sketch-1540961080158.png

It's gonna get darker sooner... don't forget your flashlight!

That humongous one from harbor freight I had since 2015 LeD & rechargeable with 12v plug and a home plug

2nd LeD also rechargeable with 3 AA NiMh 2016

3rd is my current workhorse. LeD adjustable beam and I use rechargeable AAA batteries in it with backup batteries

I hope to have a light day, with Halloween kids running about the neighborhood tonight.

butt I doubt it since we started peak season 6 day work week already

OrioN

Blah, jinxed myself talking about rentals... my truck is out of commission.

(Alternator/battery/ serpentine belt & /or tensioner)

sketch-1541287853882.png

Use whatever to keep that hand truck from bouncing around...

sketch-1541288178649.png

I made dayum sure those tv's are away from the exhaust pipes and tires...

sketch-1541287996716.png

On this 12 ' box, I made 4 decent walls preloaded in my stop order.

sketch-1541288346597.png

I saved up my magnetic logos from past peaks just in case I'm stuck in a rental... if you don't have any, grab a FedEx logo package bag or envelope & tape it close to the license plate.

I've had some people following me and a cop as well today. Geezus, it's like the masses are clueless every holiday peak season!

It will be fine

Blah, jinxed myself talking about rentals... my truck is out of commission.

(Alternator/battery/ serpentine belt & /or tensioner)

View attachment 220789

Use whatever to keep that hand truck from bouncing around...

View attachment 220790

I made dayum sure those tv's are away from the exhaust pipes and tires...

View attachment 220791

On this 12 ' box, I made 4 decent walls preloaded in my stop order.

View attachment 220792

I saved up my magnetic logos from past peaks just in case I'm stuck in a rental... if you don't have any, grab a FedEx logo package bag or envelope & tape it close to the license plate.

I've had some people following me and a cop as well today. Geezus, it's like the masses are clueless every holiday peak season!
Looks like you could get by with a cargo van. That’s way too much time spent loading, just toss the stuff in, damage claims are Fedex’s problem.