Supplemental / Temp driver training ~ Ground

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I overheard one of the BC or AO saying those hand carts are expensive... but is it really profitable not to supply them to your workforce???

I haul alot of chewy and irregs lately, so it gets a good workout instead of taking a beating on my back...

sketch-1540150278977-png.218680

It will be fine

I overheard one of the BC or AO saying those hand carts are expensive... but is it really profitable not to supply them to your workforce???

I haul alot of chewy and irregs lately, so it gets a good workout instead of taking a beating on my back...

The get the cheapo $40 ones until they prove they’re reliable. Then they can get a $250 magliner.

Mutineer

Go to honeymanaluminum.com. Check out the 'O' model with the folding extension. I tried to post the link, but their website is a little funky or, something. Whatever...

I bought mine new in '99. Used it a few years at Airborne Express, over 10 years at XG, and still using it with GSO. The axle and the cast aluminum carriage began to wear out (became oval shaped) 3 years ago. Ordered the parts and replaced them. Has not broken or failed. If you are working out of something with limited cargo headroom (Econoline, Transit, etc), it is just short enough to fit standing up without any hassles.

If anyone wants the build code for the model I have, I can post it after I dig out the receipt.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Go to honeymanaluminum.com. Check out the 'O' model with the folding extension.

I bought mine new in '99. Used it a few years at Airborne Express, over 10 years at XG, and still using it with GSO. The axle and the cast aluminum carriage began to wear out (became oval shaped) 3 years ago. Ordered the parts and replaced them. Has not broken or failed. If you are working out of something with limited cargo headroom (Econoline, Transit, etc), it is just short enough to fit standing up without any hassles.
GSO. Lmao !

Mutineer

GSO. Lmao !

Indeed. GSO is pretty pathetic. Almost as bad as what I see working at XE:

XE is one part crabby, flabby, always injured, semi-useless, middle-aged women.
One part Millennial cuckolds.
One part XG meat-grinder refugees who know exactly how good they have it and delight in spreading false rumors of XE going ISP and watching their co-workers break out in hives while wringing their hands in fear.
And the rest is composed of cigarette smoking old-timers pining over the good ol' days.

YMMV depending on location. But I think I hit the nail squarely on the head.

Last edited:

Mutineer

Yer gonna break that fruity, plasticky-framed Harper thingy.
Seriously, sell that thing to somebody you hate.

OrioN

13682076965_4357678f5e_o.gif

I'm not holding my breath for the investor group to supply their workforce with them fancy aluminium hand trucks

bacha29

13682076965_4357678f5e_o.gif

I'm not holding my breath for the investor group to supply their workforce with them fancy aluminium hand trucks
Take a look at those things attached to your shoulders. That's your Mexican Towmotor. Until they stop working don't expect your investor group contractor to do anything. If you had an on site contractor there everyday especially one who drove a route himself he/she would understand the boulder in a box stolen motor freight you have to move in a day. I'll bet that the nowhere to been absentee owner you work for thinks that you deliver envelopes like express.

OrioN

Yer gonna break that fruity, plasticky-framed Harper thingy.
Seriously, sell that thing to somebody you hate.

Dude, I don't mind your input, but I'm not over loading this 2 wheeler...

sketch-1542674059240.png

It's waaaaay under the 600 lb limit of this lightweight fiberglass nylon frame and I got it for a fraction of the retail price

Shrugs (while I still can use my "Mexican towmotors")

tenor.gif

OrioN

sketch-1542716610544.png

To text CPC, hold ALT & press T

sketch-1542716518152.png

New message will default to CPc directly.

There's a few preset messages to choose from to get your message thru faster.

OrioN
Address research please. 74538 12345 (tracking#) possible bad house# or street name. Already applied DEX 002, but if you find correct address in next 20 minutes, I can re attempt delivery

CPc
contact customer, house# is 124, not 142. Have a safe day. CPc Fred

OrioN
Thanxxx, u are awesome sauce!

If you know your neighboring routes, you can text them directly as well instead of CPc... highlight it, choose "+"

OrioN
i gotz 10 stops to go, u needs some helps?

WA123
yeah OrioN! I still have 50 left and it's getting dark, yo.

OrioN
ok, bro... I'll text you for a meet point in 15 minutes

For my rural route with spotty cellphone coverage, this is helpful.

I've had CPc confirm that the ground driver had done a resis pickup earlier when I didn't find the box on a customer's porch, so I can code it properly as "already picked up"

I never dialed the 800#

OrioN

sketch-1543167120028.png

EVE deliveries... must be scanned between those time stamps for the subcontractor to get compensated. How much is it anyways???

Such a major pita to break trace to do it, butt I guess it's important in my case... hospice meds.

The label has H designation, but I see an E label underneath it... Wtf is the lowest of opco s of FX is handling this???

Soooo, check your printed manifest and see if you can set it aside in your truck so you won't fail service. It's usually on the very last entry with an EVE instead of RES

It will be fine

View attachment 223985

EVE deliveries... must be scanned between those time stamps for the subcontractor to get compensated. How much is it anyways???

Such a major pita to break trace to do it, butt I guess it's important in my case... hospice meds.

The label has H designation, but I see an E label underneath it... Wtf is the lowest of opco s of FX is handling this???

Soooo, check your printed manifest and see if you can set it aside in your truck so you won't fail service. It's usually on the very last entry with an EVE instead of RES
Contractors get nothing extra for evening deliveries. Fedex charges $20-25 extra for the service. Attempt it during normal delivery time and only go back later if they aren’t home.

OrioN

Ahhh thanx... my former subcontractor actually did gave me $20 to service this... the investor group put a stop to it

Star B

White Lightening
Yeah, you scan an EVE delivery during your normal cycle at Express and it's like you ran over four boxes of kittens, even if they ARE home and you got a signature.

It will be fine

Yeah, you scan an EVE delivery during your normal cycle at Express and it's like you ran over four boxes of kittens, even if they ARE home and you got a signature.
They consider it a failure for us too. I just don’t care, box got delivered. They’re so infrequent it’ll never make any difference to me or how my service looks.

OrioN

Yeah, I get this hospice meds monthly... so if I scan it outside the time limits, would the subcontractor get fined for doing so???

The customer always has someone to answer the door 24/7, but this special cargo (state wide) wants their meds delivered at that time because nursing staff would be available to receive it.

OrioN

Bump, we have the newer ppads, but our Corp still have to order more for the rest of the fleet.

They will be keeping the mc9500 scanners for the seasonal drivers... so this thread is still viable for peak 2019

bacha29

But the days of $600 a week for 70 hours are long gone. At least for my guys. I’m not hiring for peak. Know why? Because we can easily handle the increase.

Let me put it this way. My manager told me earlier this year he was thinking of leaving. I gave him a 35% raise. Know why? As I explained to him, if he left, I’d have to hire two drivers to replace him anyway. May as well get used to paying it.
Well here we are bbsam a year later all you need to do is to go to that nationwide job board that starts with the letter "I" and you'll see loads of ads in that same $600 /zero benefit pay range along with ads placed by contractors who won't commit themselves to disclose any pay rate offer of any kind in their ads.