Supplemental / Temp driver training ~ Ground

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ok let's start peak season 2018 training !

Since some subcontractors are too busy with other issues... I'll start the ball rolling

Service cross 101

One cross, 3 attempts on the same cross!

Not multiple crosses all over the box

DSC_0075.JPG

Keep the cross close to the barcode/ shipping label... so after 3 attempts, pull it off your truck & hand it off to a qa clerk/ VSA (van service audit) agent.

Make sure they delete it off your work area for the day / mark it off your printed manifest so u won't drive to that address.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Since some subcontractors are too busy with other issues... I'll start the ball rolling

Service cross 101

View attachment 218874
Keep the cross close to the barcode/ shipping label... so after 3 attempts, pull it off your truck & hand it off to a qa clerk/ VSA (van service audit) agent.

Make sure they delete it off your work area for the day / mark it off your printed manifest so u won't drive to that address.
I realize this is a Ground thread, but still think it's interesting to note that at Express, writing on the package is prohibited. Our doortags have a peel and stick, which is the required protocol. Service crosses are so 20th century.

bacha29

Service cross 101

View attachment 218874

Look Orion I know that you're trying to help the cannon fodder known as seasonal temps but training them is a task for your contractor employed manager/administrator.What does it take to get you to understand the golden rule when ti comes to working for a contractor. "The more you do the more you'll be given to do and it won't pay a cent more money".

bacha29

Service cross 101

View attachment 218874

Look Orion I know that you're trying to help the cannon fodder known as seasonal temps but training them is a task for your contractor employed manager/administrator.What does it take to get you to understand the golden rule when to comes to working for a contractor? "The more you do the more you'll be given to do and it won't pay a cent more money".

bbsam

Staff member
Look Orion I know that you're trying to help the cannon fodder known as seasonal temps but training them is a task for your contractor employed manager/administrator.What does it take to get you to understand the golden rule when ti comes to working for a contractor. "The more you do the more you'll be given to do and it won't pay a cent more money".
Oh, bacha. You are so out of touch.

bacha29

Oh, bacha. You are so out of touch.
The more of your comments I read the more I'm convinced that you're one of many who gives X contracting the bad reputation it has. Contractors can burn through labor pools as fast as they want but judging by the desperate pleas on nationwide job boards for qualified manpower ( LMAO) I've often wondered if they ever stopped to look at how their compensation package and how they treat their people impacts the position they find themselves in today. It catches up with you eventually .

bbsam

Staff member
The more of your comments I read the more I'm convinced that you're one of many who gives X contracting the bad reputation it has. Contractors can burn through labor pools as fast as they want but judging by the desperate pleas on nationwide job boards for qualified manpower ( LMAO) I've often wondered if they ever stopped to look at how their compensation package and how they treat their people impacts the position they find themselves in today. It catches up with you eventually .
But the days of $600 a week for 70 hours are long gone. At least for my guys. I’m not hiring for peak. Know why? Because we can easily handle the increase.

Let me put it this way. My manager told me earlier this year he was thinking of leaving. I gave him a 35% raise. Know why? As I explained to him, if he left, I’d have to hire two drivers to replace him anyway. May as well get used to paying it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
at Express, writing on the package is prohibited.
Thanks for chiming in... for some reason, the local management wanted this

Bbsam, I just lost my awesome BC... he saw something that he knew was going to be a :censored2: storm. We may lose more drivers before peak even starts

the replacement is sub par. The routes weren't balanced early today. I was bricked out in my 12' box truck, leaving 7 boxes behind because that couch set wouldn't fit. While my neighboring route driver has a p700 step van with room in the middle!

Just clocked out at 2345... no supplemental drivers in sight since most temps were smart enough to join Amazon with the national $15 / hour pay starting November + additional $ for nights and weekends.

I couldn't believe what I heard on their radio ads when they said no interviews or resumes needed. Just walk in & you're hired if you can fog up a mirror...

FedGT

Service cross 101

View attachment 218874

Stopped doing one service crosses a ways before I stopped contracting. Morons would try to cover every service cross with a vision sticker so I fidgeted I’d make them look like toddlers with a book of stickers if they wanted to keep covering them up

bacha29

But the days of $600 a week for 70 hours are long gone. At least for my guys. I’m not hiring for peak. Know why? Because we can easily handle the increase.

Let me put it this way. My manager told me earlier this year he was thinking of leaving. I gave him a 35% raise. Know why? As I explained to him, if he left, I’d have to hire two drivers to replace him anyway. May as well get used to paying it.
This is what's coming bbsam. In the end you're going to have to give them everything the damn route makes just to get them to do it.So friend if some poor unsuspecting bloke should walk in there with a suitcase full of cash wanting to buy don't run out the door so fast that you forget to sign the papers.

vantexan

This is what's coming bbsam. In the end you're going to have to give them everything the damn route makes just to get them to do it.So friend if some poor unsuspecting bloke should walk in there with a suitcase full of cash wanting to buy don't run out the door so fast that you forget to sign the papers.
Bbsam is a good captain. He'll go down with the ship.

bbsam

Staff member
You silly person. I easily make and clear more and more every year. Not everyone is worth keeping around. Some I’m glad to let walk.

Last edited:

bacha29

You silly person. I easily make and clear more and more every year. Not everyone is worth keeping around. Some I’m glad to let walk.
Every labor market has a pool of cheap labor to drink from. But, every day in this country an average 12,000 Americans go marching off into retirement will do so for the next 15 years and is pretty much certain to dry up at least some of those pools. Retirees who wish to continue to work might just be people you have to depend on whether you like it or not. Might not have the foot speed or the work pace you want but they might just be all you've got.

bbsam

Staff member
Every labor market has a pool of cheap labor to drink from. But, every day in this country an average 12,000 Americans go marching off into retirement will do so for the next 15 years and is pretty much certain to dry up at least some of those pools. Retirees who wish to continue to work might just be people you have to depend on whether you like it or not. Might not have the foot speed or the work pace you want but they might just be all you've got.
I’ll take what I can get. I don’t need everyone to be able to do 23 stops per hour.

bacha29

Thanks for chiming in... for some reason, the local management wanted this

Bbsam, I just lost my awesome BC... he saw something that he knew was going to be a :censored2: storm. We may lose more drivers before peak even starts

the replacement is sub par. The routes weren't balanced early today. I was bricked out in my 12' box truck, leaving 7 boxes behind because that couch set wouldn't fit. While my neighboring route driver has a p700 step van with room in the middle!

Just clocked out at 2345... no supplemental drivers in sight since most temps were smart enough to join Amazon with the national $15 / hour pay starting November + additional $ for nights and weekends.

I couldn't believe what I heard on their radio ads when they said no interviews or resumes needed. Just walk in & you're hired if you can fog up a mirror...
Orion don't allow yourself to become a casualty of the systemic short comings of that business model. Presently, there's a roofing contractor installing a roof on my house. Just the other day he was going around offering $200 a day to anyone with even minimal residential roofing experience. That's pretty decent money for this area. No takers. The powers that be knew that this day was coming . A nation full of broken down old boomers combined with a shortage of younger adults willing to become wage earners doing a day's worth of physical labor for the pay scale offered.
Whatever happens over the next 8 weeks do not allow your investor class contractor to dump the oncoming box sunami on to you. They wanted in there badly enough. Let them deal with it.

vantexan

Orion don't allow yourself to become a casualty of the systemic short comings of that business model. Presently, there's a roofing contractor installing a roof on my house. Just the other day he was going around offering $200 a day to anyone with even minimal residential roofing experience. That's pretty decent money for this area. No takers. The powers that be knew that this day was coming . A nation full of broken down old boomers combined with a shortage of younger adults willing to become wage earners doing a day's worth of physical labor for the pay scale offered.
Whatever happens over the next 8 weeks do not allow your investor class contractor to dump the oncoming box sunami on to you. They wanted in there badly enough. Let them deal with it.
So someone who works hard to run a business is "the investor class?" As if that's a bad thing. Thank goodness for the wealthy being willing to invest their money. No jobs without them.