SUREPOST ALLEGED IMPROVEMENTS

• Thread starter Frankie's Friend
  • Start date
F

Frankie's Friend

Should've posted On Topic?
I guess either no one else cares about surepost or others just want it to die.

So be it.

F

Frankie's Friend

And nobody is really mentioning how we are changing surepost to benefit us and get more stops. I used to deliver 100+ packages every day to this post office, and I would see 15-20 packages every day for streets that I had stops on that day. Those packages will now be coming to us. Small, easy stops. Also, why can’t the company do well? It seems like every person with a complaint about the contract doesn’t want the company to do well. Yeah the 22.4s will help the company save money. It that a bad thing when we are competing with everyone else? And speaking of that, full-on weekend delivery is a huge experiment for the company, and shouldn’t we be hoping it succeeds for the future of the company? If the company doesn’t do well, we don’t have somewhere to work. The relationship should be symbiotic, and it seems like these people think it’s an actual battle.

It appears that the Surepost language has given the company an unlimited right to turn off Redirect at peak or if they choose to "roll" a load. They have done this all along. Now it's a free for all.
View attachment 205588

Now, the proposed language allows the company to tell us that they cant handle additional volume or that it will not be economically feasible so it will be sent to our competition, and all the while "proximity" stops are not defined or redirected back to dues paying members...as usual.
View attachment 205589

And finally, obscure language allowing us to deliver to the UPS STORES for those non-union folks to disperse our volume? What does this change actually mean?
This is so vague.
View attachment 205591

Even without Section 4(1) the rest of the proposed changes are concessions.

Worried about rolling volume at peak? Hire more drivers.
Is there more volume coming that we dont know about during the non peak months?
Exactly what I'm saying. We are missing the boat on full time jobs here.

CitizenTruth

It appears that the Surepost language has given the company an unlimited right to turn off Redirect at peak or if they choose to "roll" a load. They have done this all along. Now it's a free for all.
View attachment 205588

Now, the proposed language allows the company to tell us that they cant handle additional volume or that it will not be economically feasible so it will be sent to our competition, and all the while "proximity" stops are not defined or redirected back to dues paying members...as usual.
View attachment 205589

And finally, obscure language allowing us to deliver to the UPS STORES for those non-union folks to disperse our volume? What does this change actually mean?
This is so vague.
View attachment 205591

Love how it says eligible pkgs will NORMALLY be under 10 lbs, ridiculous

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Interesting. But so vague. And when it's vague it typically augments.

The rest is a joke.
They've shut off redirect for years and it's shame on us for putting up with it.
The SurePost language was never meant to be heard, and apparently it still isn't?

~The Panel, after careful consideration in Executive Session declares, that in this instance/case, the "Company will comply".....no precedence set~

Thanks for playing.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I wish they would allow surepost to go the the counter, but will not allow that, unless you pay the $3.50 upgrade charge. They'd rather send it to the post office and give them the money, instead of giving it to the counter people, who they are already paying.

Especially if the possibility of all the Customer Counter employees become unionized. They actually charge 3.50 per package for upgrading I did not know that.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
View attachment 205588

View attachment 205589

This is so vague.
View attachment 205591

This was one of my top three issues... no proximity stops language is disappointing to say the lease

View attachment 205588

View attachment 205589

This is so vague.
View attachment 205591

In the proposal (another key phrase) The company can defne peak whenever it wants to?

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

This was one of my top three issues... no proximity stops language is disappointing to say the lease
We filed an interp to the panel in Aug of 2016 hoping that the ball would get rolling in process to get metro and country proximity stops defined because there's a ton of work for ups drivers getting dumped at the PO.

Our ba sat on it until it was brought up again at a local hearing this spring. The ba asked the steward if he could withdraw it and rewrite it (with a current date of course so his true colors would not show to his ba constituents since it about 2 yrs old) and the steward allowed him.

To date, it has not been heard at the panel.

Is this how the Teamsters BAs work in every local?

We are so tired of filing labor charges and wasting the members money.

Mr. BA, either back up the members when they file legitimate grievances, get the language removed from the cba, or deal with the labor charges.

This is a Brotherhood? Only on paper.

Last edited by a moderator:

DR7

Should've posted On Topic?
I guess either no one else cares about surepost or others just want it to die.

So be it.
I am definitely interested in this topic. My route is cut due to vacuum cleaner sized boxes being delivered to the post office daily. One of my proposals last fall was to address this issue but I guess that wheel wasn’t squeaking enough.

Our preload sup had no idea there were size restrictions on surest and every time we get a new surepost clerk the post office stops blow out. I educate them and it clears up for a minute.

F

Frankie's Friend

I am definitely interested in this topic. My route is cut due to vacuum cleaner sized boxes being delivered to the post office daily. One of my proposals last fall was to address this issue but I guess that wheel wasn’t squeaking enough.

Our preload sup had no idea there were size restrictions on surest and every time we get a new surepost clerk the post office stops blow out. I educate them and it clears up for a minute.
A DM was in a hearing when a member presented a dozen surepost subcontracting grievances. The DM asked the driver if he got his guarantee for those days and the driver answered "yes". So the DM then asked the driver why he filed on subcontracting if he got his 8 hrs to which he replied...

"This is for all the drivers sitting at home laid off. That's why I filed".

Blank stares followed.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The SurePost language was never meant to be heard, and apparently it still isn't ?

We filed an interp to the panel in Aug of 2016 hoping that the ball would get rolling in process to get metro and country proximity stops defined because there's a ton of work for ups drivers getting dumped at the PO.

Our ba sat on it until it was brought up again at a local hearing this spring. The ba asked the steward if he could withdraw it and rewrite it (with a current date of course so his true colors would not show to his ba constituents since it about 2 yrs old) and the steward allowed him.

To date, it has not been heard at the panel.

The National Panel doesn't hear grievances requesting interps on National language.

You need a factual case, in order to get a decision.

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

The National Panel doesn't hear grievances requesting interps on National language.

You need a factual case, in order to get a decision.

-Bug-
We had dozens of factual cases.
The LM said the company couldn't provide final mile addresses. Another lie.

If the National Panel wont give an interp on the language then why weren't we told so that we could attach a factual case with it? And why was it then withdrawn and rewritten?

I know, it's not something that you could answer. You're not our rep.

So we've wasted two years with this issue for nothing when all we needed to do was attach a factual grievance with it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
DEFINED proximity.

And I don't even know who they are saying is a competing service anymore. Smartpost is about non exsistent anymore. See very little volume at the post office anymore.

F

Frankie's Friend

Three cubic feet is not 12"x12"x12"

That's one cubic foot.

It's instances like this where the company and their lawyers walk all over the union.
I know. Let it ride.
Shhhhhhh!
It's their own document.
Their Division IT guy was shocked to see that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had dozens of factual cases.
The LM said the company couldn't provide final mile addresses. Another lie.

If the National Panel wont give an interp on the language then why weren't we told so that we could attach a factual case with it? And why was it then withdrawn and rewritten?

I know, it's not something that you could answer. You're not our rep.

So we've wasted two years with this issue for nothing when all we needed to do was attach a factual grievance with it.
My proposal to my BA was a printout (like Orion maps) with each surepost package marked and its distance to a normal stop.

He acted like there was no way in the world that technology could be realistic.