SUREPOST ALLEGED IMPROVEMENTS

• Thread starter Frankie's Friend
  • Start date
F

Frankie's Friend

DEFINED proximity.

And I don't even know who they are saying is a competing service anymore. Smartpost is about non exsistent anymore. See very little volume at the post office anymore.
FDX sends about the same volume to our PO daily as ours.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know. Let it ride.
Shhhhhhh!
It's their own document.
Their Division IT guy was shocked to see that.
My BA sat in a meeting with us and told us "3 cubic feet. Anything over 12x12x12"

center manager laughed his ass off when guys tried to pull a bunch of packages the next Monday for being oversized. He's like 12x12x12 is not 3 cubic feet guys.

F

Frankie's Friend

My proposal to my BA was a printout (like Orion maps) with each surepost package marked and its distance to a normal stop.

He acted like there was no way in the world that technology could be realistic.
The year we had all the ice at Dallas/FW at peak (and the media said we failed) we had tons of proximity stops.

The next year the company turned off Redirect and sent about everything they could to the P.O.
Ever since then they've screwed us when they got the chance.

F

Frankie's Friend

My BA sat in a meeting with us and told us "3 cubic feet. Anything over 12x12x12"

center manager laughed his ass off when guys tried to pull a bunch of packages the next Monday for being oversized. He's like 12x12x12 is not 3 cubic feet guys.
Their own document says so.
At least your BA fights for you.

Brownslave688

The year we had all the ice at Dallas/FW at peak (and the media said we failed) we had tons of proximity stops.

The next year the company turned off Redirect and sent about everything they could to the P.O.
Ever since then they've screwed us when they got the chance.
During peak the amount of proximity stuff should go way up. Instead we have hogs full of surepost that normally fits in a p1000 with a full route on it too.

F

Frankie's Friend

During peak the amount of proximity stuff should go way up. Instead we have hogs full of surepost that normally fits in a p1000 with a full route on it too.
I could fill you in on a bunch of violations with surepost.
There's something going on with the proximity amnesia.
Now, I just pull the businesses out of SP and redirect them to be delivered by us the next day thru the clerk at night.

Funny how our diads lock us out of DRing regular pkgs at business stops but the company can send the same stops to the post office, blatantly breaking the contract, and tells us that we can't open the bags to audit the final mile customers.

Brownslave688

I could fill you in on a bunch of violations with surepost.
There's something going on with the proximity amnesia.
Now, I just pull the businesses out of SP and redirect them to be delivered by us the next day thru the clerk at night.

Funny how our diads lock us out of DRing regular pkgs at business stops but the company can send the same stops to the post office, blatantly breaking the contract, and tells us that we can't open the bags to audit the final mile customers.
I dr'd a surepost at a closed business from 12-1 the other day. Felt great. Lmao

F

Frankie's Friend

I just don't understand if both sides actually agree it's 12x12x12 then change the language.

Are they that bad at math?
Math?

You ever know one supe who can read and comprehend the CBA?

Reading, writing, arithmetic. In that order.

Good luck.

F

Frankie's Friend

Ever DR an empty Dish return box in the hood with a bunch of nice "young gentlemen" watching?

That should be on YouTube.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Hell I know these 4 routes so well here now that I might start pulling surepost and loading them into adjacent vehicles. Two of these crazy drivers would scan over surepost and take 5-10 every day last peak.

When peak ended. The surepost violations stopped. At least for my assignment, Management is not stupid, I see some pieces that could belong to cars on the other side of the belt.

F

Frankie's Friend

My proposal to my BA was a printout (like Orion maps) with each surepost package marked and its distance to a normal stop.

He acted like there was no way in the world that technology could be realistic.
The co can tell within 3 ft of where you DRd a pkg so Orion surely can tell where the surepost addresses lie in conjunction with your deliveries.
You only need union officials that care about creating more full time jobs (at pkg car rate) to come to the table and make the co be responsible for violations and then correct the situation adding a monetary penalty for each act of fraud.

DOK

That language is their because, from what I've been told, the they can offer FedEx smartpost, but not surepost. This does seem odd, because I thought the stores did not charge the resi surcharge, like they don't, at the customer counter.
Interesting. But so vague. And when it's vague it typically augments.

The rest is a joke.
They've shut off redirect for years and it's shame on us for putting up with it.

I deliver stuff to the post office and I have one for that persons neighbor, literally the same building.

F

Frankie's Friend

I deliver stuff to the post office and I have one for that persons neighbor, literally the same building.
Drivers need to file and keep filing until this is fixed.

The company agreed to redirecting proximity stops back to ups drivers for delivery and now the proposed language allows them to further the fraudulent subcontracting.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The National Panel doesn't hear grievances requesting interps on National language.

You need a factual case, in order to get a decision.

-Bug-
....and a Business Agent to have the stones to get it heard and deadlocked locally.

Even then, with there being no penalty detailed in the language, best case scenario is likely "Company will comply".