Suspension letter !

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
All that is good...

But in your haste to try and quote me...

You failed to thoroughly read it.

If it still stumps you...

Line 4.

Good luck.
Don't know what kind of route you have, but with my bulked out truck I don't have the time or space to touch everything before doing a good amount of stops. So your recommendation to touch everything only applies after stops have been done.

Basically, your advice is cute but not always possible.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Don't know what kind of route you have, but with my bulked out truck I don't have the time or space to touch everything before doing a good amount of stops. So your recommendation to touch everything only applies after stops have been done.

Basically, your advice is cute but not always possible.
Oh it's possible.

And in fact, you gave the answer to yourself...

In your own statement.

I don't really go back and forth over the interwebs...

Especially when I'm right.

So we can agree to disagree.

Thanks for saying I'm cute tho.

Good luck with your methods.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Oh it's possible.

And in fact, you gave the answer to yourself...

In your own statement.

I don't really go back and forth over the interwebs...

Especially when I'm right.

So we can agree to disagree.

Thanks for saying I'm cute tho.

Good luck with your methods.

Lol at 'especially when I'm right'.

Well you said you're done so I suppose I shouldn't ask this question, but I'll still do it because hey why not.

Suppose I do some bulk stops along with air, messaging in at all those bulk stops that I'm missing pieces. Then later after I sort the truck find all those missing pieces. Don't you think I wasted my time and the OMS time sending all the prior messages? My center seems to think so, which is why they no longer want us to message in missing stops and instead want us to log them all in a book upon return.

Also, work on your reading comprehension. I said your advice was cute, not you.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
biased conclusions based on the information collected (and with telematics, there's quite a lot). I would say more than 3/4 of these 'no scans' letters get sent out because of a preload/sort/dispatch error that places an invisible package on the truck. It's a shame they lump them into the 1/4 of what is actually valid.

afaik you can get them thrown out if you've at least attempted to re-scan your dock pieces and sent timely messages back about missing ones.

I have a slightly different example, a piece that has not yet recieved an inbound scan can get SPA'd and loaded in such a way that it does not populate in the diad and therefore generates a misload report.

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

Lol at 'especially when I'm right'.

Well you said you're done so I suppose I shouldn't ask this question, but I'll still do it because hey why not.

Suppose I do some bulk stops along with air, messaging in at all those bulk stops that I'm missing pieces. Then later after I sort the truck find all those missing pieces. Don't you think I wasted my time and the OMS time sending all the prior messages? My center seems to think so, which is why they no longer want us to message in missing stops and instead want us to log them all in a book upon return.

Also, work on your reading comprehension. I said your advice was cute, not you.
Nope not wasting time at all.

Message in every “not found”. You don’t have to say it’s not on your car just say you can’t find it. “123 N Main St / HIN 2134 / 1 not found”

If you do find it later send in that info also. Document everything! “missing pkg for 123 N Main Street found in RDR bulk I will return and deliver.”

Every
Single
Time

😎

542thruNthru

We just send a message saying NOC (last 4 of tracking).

If we find it later we just deliver it. Don't need to send another message.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Nope not wasting time at all.

Message in every “not found”. You don’t have to say it’s not on your car just say you can’t find it. “123 N Main St / HIN 2134 / 1 not found”

If you do find it later send in that info also. Document everything! “missing pkg for 123 N Main Street found in RDR bulk I will return and deliver.”

Every
Single
Time

😎

Like a previous poster said, that would be a LOT of messaging on certain days. I'm happy with the way our center instructs us to record not on cars currently: log them in a book upon return to the center. Saves me a lot of time vs messaging in every time I can't find something or every time I find something later.

The only packages we have to to message for now are NDAs. Send in a message if we can't find any before we leave the building, and send a message if we find it in the load later.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They ask us to message in so they can send a message out and try to track the packages down. I realize if your preload stinks, and you are in a big center, that can be a full time job by itself.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
They ask us to message in so they can send a message out and try to track the packages down. I realize if your preload stinks, and you are in a big center, that can be a full time job by itself.

That would be a time wasting smilet show if they tried that at my center. By the end of the day the messages received would probably be in the 50s. When I return to the building and look at the not on car book, every single driver who has made it in usually has at least one.

AKCoverMan

That would be a time wasting smilet show if they tried that at my center. By the end of the day the messages received would probably be in the 50s. When I return to the building and look at the not on car book, every single driver who has made it in usually has at least one.
Yes but if they are dishing up warning letters and suspensions I hreally don’t care if they choke on 100 messages a day, I’m going to CYA.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Yes but if they are dishing up warning letters and suspensions I hreally don’t care if they choke on 100 messages a day, I’m going to CYA.
That's what I'm trying to explain though, at our center even sending the messages doesn't CYA. There are senior drivers who swear by the old school methods, including sending a message for every missing package. Even they are being written up for missing a smart scan package. Our steward and the business agent says not to worry about them, that they won't stick. But this is the kind of crap management is pulling right now at my center. And judging by this thread, we're not the only ones experiencing this.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Yes. Every time.
They have us cross check any pending packages still in our EDD at the end of the day with OMS to see if they were smartscanned. And I will send a message in the morning if I am missing any air pieces. I just can’t imagine sending a message so frequently when half the time the missing piece is buried elsewhere in the load.

AKCoverMan

That's what I'm trying to explain though, at our center even sending the messages doesn't CYA. There are senior drivers who swear by the old school methods, including sending a message for every missing package. Even they are being written up for missing a smart scan package. Our steward and the business agent says not to worry about them, that they won't stick. But this is the kind of crap management is pulling right now at my center. And judging by this thread, we're not the only ones experiencing this.
Yes, they can still write you up and yes, it won’t stick. Moreover, if they keep writing you up when you’ve followed methods and reported your missing packaging, you can file a harassment grievance,