Syracuse, NY is now a 6 day work week for all drivers

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
No, all shifts are on and working extended hours. Management handed out letters saying how we are essential if pulled over and leaving/going to work. UPS doesn't care about curfews, have to get those essential trampolines out on time.
I'm just happy about two things. That 75-year old is recuperating & he was WHITE!

I heard about it without knowing the race and Immediately thought Frank's Boathouse & Kleinhans burns tonight!

Scuderia

So let’s talk peak season.

It is literally gonna be 2x the volume we have now. You think working 6 days is bad. I fully expect every driver to max out their hours mon-sat, and then be forced to work as a helper or inside the hub on the 7th day. Kiss your life goodbye.

The usual 300 stops during peak, nope. 400-500 will be the new peak normal. I fully expect UPS to get a waiver from DOT HOS too.

It is literally gonna be 2x the volume we have now. You think working 6 days is bad. I fully expect every driver to max out their hours mon-sat, and then be forced to work as a helper or inside the hub on the 7th day. Kiss your life goodbye.

The usual 300 stops during peak, nope. 400-500 will be the new peak normal. I fully expect UPS to get a waiver from DOT HOS too.

Remember. That 9 foot rug and 3 burner grill are essential. And you forgot that your essential too.

Staydryitsraining

I bet I dont work 6 days a week this year.

barnyard

KTM rider

It is literally gonna be 2x the volume we have now.
At some point, people are going to run out of money. There are a couple of businesses that took a beating and decided that it would take too long to get to where they were, so they are closing. I am reading more and more about friends that were told to work from home and now are saying that they were downsized/unemployed.

I think this peak will be closer to 2008 than it will be to last year's peak.

Rack em

Made the Podium

Send me out with 300 stops and I might get 200 done. Send me out with 400-500 and I'll only get 180 done. It's not hard to follow the methods and work safe, and by doing so less stops get done. I don't cave in to the games management plays to try and squeeze more work out of people.

542thruNthru

We get that you are exhausted, guess what, so are we.

Seriously? You really trying to say this?

Drivers are told they have to work 6 days. Not one center manager or on road has had to work 6 days yet in my center.

Not one center manager or on road has been in the office past 5pm.

You're so full of it. The only reason and I mean the only reason you might be exhausted is because you're up all night worrying about your MIP.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Seriously? You really trying to say this?

Drivers are told they have to work 6 days. Not one center manager or on road has had to work 6 days yet in my center.

Not one center manager or on road has been in the office past 5pm.

You're so full of it. The only reason and I mean the only reason you might be exhausted is because you're up all night worrying about your MIP.
Maybe they replaced all your management with part-timers?

Our ft management is there well before driver start time, training new drivers during the day, and theyre still there when the big dogs come home.

542thruNthru

Maybe they replaced all your management with part-timers?

Our ft management is there well before driver start time, training new drivers during the day, and theyre still there when the big dogs come home.

Wow.. I would be proud to work for them.

Here management is there before drivers at 730am. They leave at 4 except for the "late" person that leaves at 6pm.

Anyone that has been trained is getting 2 days and that's been by a driver that's on TAW.

And I'm serious about they only work 5 days.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

Forced 7th day?! LMFAO! Good luck with that. There’s no such thing.

Ghost in the Darkness

The uneployment rate is highest in a long time due to the covid19 but yet ups can't seem to hire anyone... uh huh. I also have a couple islands forming in the pacific that I'd like to sell you.

Why does everyone think management is doing this just to punish the drivers and inside employees?

We are in unprecedented territory over the last couple of months in regards to package volume, we are trying not to roll packages but it is happening as you know due to Covid 19, working from home, quarantined, kids home, there are some things you can only get on line no stores in the area have it, period.

We cannot hire people fast enough even if we are hiring in your area. A lot of people are not even applying because they are making so much more money on unemployment.

I am only seeing 3-5 people on the initial HR interview vs 10-15 as in the past.

We are not lowering our standards and I am totally on board with that, we have had to DQ a couple of insiders because the created even more work while on road. New pre-loaders and local sorters just walking out.

We get that you are exhausted, guess what, so are we.

As far as the contract with Req 8's and 9.5's... who are we going to give the work too? Most are working until 8 or later every night with everyone working.

Last thing, if you are one of the drivers filing for 9.5 violation and you are doing less work then before (smaller area cause every route is in and you have 20 more stops...not 75 more!) then you better look in the mirror before you talk about being an essential worker/hero. A lot of you are just doing it to get paid (Hero Pay..ya right, greedy more like it) cause everyone else is doing it. I have lost respect for more than a few of my drivers and believe you me, I will not forget it and I am sure there are many other management people that feel the same way.

You more than likely don't care, but there it is........
Whatever. Do you work at UPS?

Dumbo

Why does everyone think management is doing this just to punish the drivers and inside employees?

We are in unprecedented territory over the last couple of months in regards to package volume, we are trying not to roll packages but it is happening as you know due to Covid 19, working from home, quarantined, kids home, there are some things you can only get on line no stores in the area have it, period.

We cannot hire people fast enough even if we are hiring in your area. A lot of people are not even applying because they are making so much more money on unemployment.

I am only seeing 3-5 people on the initial HR interview vs 10-15 as in the past.

I tend to agree with this. Nobody is trying to :censored2: us, at least not at my building. They are all burned out also. They have been trying to hire as fast as possible at my building for all positions, and it's not easy to do with all of the Corona social distancing stuff.

It basically just is what it is. I'm tired of working 6 days a week (over a month now), but I also know its just what it is. Nobody wants to force us all in. It's the nature of the business. :censored2: needs to get delivered. It's the whole reason we are here. It does suck for all of us. But just need to man up and put on your game face and get it done. We aren't the only people busting their ass during this pandemic, so I try to keep that in perspective.

I agree that your attitude during this situation will probably leave a lasting impression both on your sups and other drivers.