Taking credit for two stops; NDA and ground.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You are padding stops, pure and simple. If you are able to deliver both the NDA and the ground together it is one stop--if you are unable to, deliver the NDA and then go back for the ground and, yes, that would be two stops.
Exactly. I make every attempt to deliver ground with air. However, if I am unable to get to the ground because of the load then I will deliver the ground later as a second stop. If you are ethical in your attempts to deliver both at the same time there should never be any questions when it can't be done.

dcdriver

nations capital
:wink2:Take credit for 3 stops. Sheet NDA up as closed before you get there then take credit for the NDA and ground stop. Just dont show up on the 15/30 report.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It doesn't even need to be an issue.
If UPS doesn't want to give me "credit" for a second attempt at a particular consignee then don't.
If the stop isn't differentiated in the room or consignee field, then no credit.
This could easily be done by a first year computer student within the program.
Problem solved.
Instead UPS prefers to treat symptoms rather than fix the problem.
They would rather train tens of thousands of drivers to jump through hoops.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I was told just the other day that I'm not to deliver air and ground together, as it makes me look like I have less stops than I really do.

ups79

Turn in an address correction or all the 7 addressed packages. I do believe you are padding stops when you do this. Have you got a duplicate stop key?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was told just the other day that I'm not to deliver air and ground together, as it makes me look like I have less stops than I really do.

So let me get this straight--you are at your first stop, let's say Runner's World, which is loaded RDL. You have 3 NDA and 35 other pkgs. The NDA is PAL(led) to your 1000 section but your loader is one of the good ones and knows that this is your first stop so he loads the NDA with the rest of the stop. Are you telling us that you will only deliver the NDA, even though you can get to all of the pkgs, and then leave, deliver the rest of the NDA, and then basically start all over again simply because doing so will make your stop count look better?

My first stop every day is WalMart. They have 3 bays of which only 1 bay is open. There is no way that I am only going to deliver the NDA knowing that when I come back I may or may not be able to get back on to the door right away.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Does anyone here take credit for two stops for one delivery point. You give the customer their NDA along with the ground and pre-record both and sheet as Left At for both.
In our center, management seems to be ok with this practice. .

They will "be OK" with this practice as long as it makes them look good on paper and it can be hidden from Loss Prevention.

Once LP starts sniffing around, however, your management team will quite happily throw you under the bus in order to save their own asses.

If they are truly "OK" with this practice, they will be more than happy to put it in writing. Something tells me that they will find an excuse not to put it in writing if you ask them to.

pretzel_man

If your supervisor told you to do that, he / she is an idiot. Not only is it non-productive, it will make their NDPPH worse.

This is one of the reasons that NDPPH was added as a measure.

P-Man

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
See if that happens when they hop on the truck for an OJS.
This was while on the truck with me.

So let me get this straight--you are at your first stop, let's say Runner's World, which is loaded RDL. You have 3 NDA and 35 other pkgs. The NDA is PAL(led) to your 1000 section but your loader is one of the good ones and knows that this is your first stop so he loads the NDA with the rest of the stop. Are you telling us that you will only deliver the NDA, even though you can get to all of the pkgs, and then leave, deliver the rest of the NDA, and then basically start all over again simply because doing so will make your stop count look better?

My first stop every day is WalMart. They have 3 bays of which only 1 bay is open. There is no way that I am only going to deliver the NDA knowing that when I come back I may or may not be able to get back on to the door right away.
My loader doesn't know this from that, so everything is loaded where it supposedly belongs, including misloads. I drive a TP60, so making all my air on time is usually a challenge, and even my TP60 and pkg car are loaded by 2 different individuals.

If your supervisor told you to do that, he / she is an idiot. Not only is it non-productive, it will make their NDPPH worse.

P-Man
You said this not me. I just know what I was told. In my franchise we're not allowed to call anyone idiots. I'm not even sure if we're allowed to think this word.:wink2:

bad company

semi-pro

P-Man

Lots of idiotic management in package operations... truly a sad state of affairs.

Big time no no. It's called padding your stops. If your have to get ground off later then that is 2 stops. What do you do if you cant find a package but later on the day you find it? Is that a second stop when you go back to deliver it? Heard diff things on this also.
I would put it as a duplicate you still get credit for the piece and you can sleep easy at night knowing you won't be in the hot seat.

Raw

Raw Member
If it is shortly thereafter and it was my error I will sheet as duplicate stop.

If it is hours later and my preloader screwed up I will sheet as a separate stop.
Hours later and preload error is same as driver error both UPS error - sheet duplicate is only one stop. If customer request a second stop sheet as 2 stops.

Raw

Raw Member
Does anyone here take credit for two stops for one delivery point. You give the customer their NDA along with the ground and pre-record both and sheet as Left At for both.
In our center, management seems to be ok with this practice. Drivers think that either way, they will get two stops out it eventually. If and when managers come down on drivers for the practice, they'll make two attempts one for NDA then later for ground. I've never heard of a driver getting in trouble for doing this.
Is only 1 stop.