taking my talents to FEDEX

If this TA gets becomes our new contract i'm seriously considering quitting, and taking my talents to FEDEX. There is a catch though, I will be investing a lot of the money I have saved up in UPS stock. It will be well worth it. All the bs they're geting away with will help them bring in loads of new money. And with the union selling their bs to its members now you cant go wrong. You can guarantee the Wall Street Journal will be talking about how better off UPS is now, and how they just shamed the teamsters.

If this TA gets becomes our new contract i'm seriously considering quitting, and taking my talents to FEDEX. There is a catch though, I will be investing a lot of the money I have saved up in UPS stock. It will be well worth it. All the bs they're geting away with will help them bring in loads of new money. And with the union selling their bs to its members now you cant go wrong. You can guarantee the Wall Street Journal will be talking about how better off UPS is now, and how they just shamed the teamsters.
The grass isnt green on the other side!,,,,,Its only purple

Last edited by a moderator:

iruhnman630

Leaving UPS to take a significant pay cut to start over at Fed Ex to avoid a contract which at worst will make the job slightly less rewarding than it is now...

That'll show 'em.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I welcome your quitting the company. Please, open the door to someone who deserves the position. You can go to fedex where you will pay for your own uniforms, get no healthcare, make half as much, take three hour lunches and work half as hard.

Dont let the door hit you on the A$H on the way out.

Peace

TOS

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Those that are hourlies as well as shareholders hope you are correct.

stink219

How many years you have? 3,4,6 months? So long! Good luck. The weak either quit or get dirt in their face. Way to make a bad decision worse.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Surely Fred's merry band of dingleberries will appreciate the talents you've honed at House Brown. You might have to turn your cable off and monitor your electric usage but hey, you'll be teaching Atlanta a valuable lesson amirite?

Good luck, any idiot capable of paying attention for more than a few seconds could tell you; the grass over there is worse than ours. Don't like what you've been dealing with the past few years? Do you feel like this TA doesn't sufficiently address issues you feel most important?

Put your money where your mouth is. Strike your ballot and mail it in. Tell International you won't be placated with money. Tell them the last few years at work have been the hardest, most hostile and most emotional/physically draining years of your career. Tell them that you're tired of seeing the unfathomable become the norm.

Draw a line in the sand so those A-Holes in Atlanta and Chicago see we're more than cogs in a giant machine. Do your part or GTFO.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

You will be missed like water over a dam !!!!!

You had a chance to make something of yourself but wasted your opportunity !!!

Thank you for giving someone with more testicular fortitude a chance to have a career !!!!

I heard Bed Bath Beyond had a stockboy position available,............. if you have the time to fill out the application !!

anonymous4

images

hyena

We might fight amongst one another but id like to think that most of us wouldnt quit on each other.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
hey, dont knock the kid....hes just following the hundreds of washed up ups supervisors and managers who have made the jump to fedex over the years, probably with the same mindset the OP has!!

A

anonymous6

I've know about 10 hourlies that quit over the years and EVERY single one of them REGRETTED it.

At first I was like this guy is crazy. Then I'm think he might be on to something. Look at all the locals that got attacked with healthcare. It is killing the locals and letting the company to start net picking them. Some have Language that state 4day 10 hour a week, cover drivers, 9/5 filing changed to 9/75. The list goes on. Some say why did they agree to this. The ones that didn't fight thought it wasn't worth it or maybe they lost their edge. Who knows. But most of them endorsed this master TA. But ask your self in 08 the locals pushed hard to get it passed. This time doesn't seem the case. Deep down they want a no vote. The need a no vote. If we don't fight now and win this battle. Then UPS is one step closer to win the war. And if you are like I'm good I like my local TA, and the master TA. This doesn't affect me. Ask your self. Would the company attack everyone at once. The company hit just less then half so the members fight against each other. That's how company's win. This is not just about healthcare its about a lot more. Much more. Let's just stick together and do what's right brothers and sisters and VOT NO. Because if we don't a lot more of us will be thinking like mvaughnm86 sooner then you think.

anonymous4

I agree, plenty of people in NE saying they are going to vote yes, we have union health insurance and it's been great going. The company is sweeping the rug out from the other half. You're next.