TDU?

They (our PDS) said our turnover on preload is the highest in the district.
I presume that is per capita.

These folks come in to work with pretty good attitudes and then bail...many of which are frustrated.

Some of it may be a lack of work ethic but not all fit that catagory.
The work vs the compensation is very much suspect.
Some are desperate.
Yea but how many people actually work I. Yeah ur building like 70?

804brown

Good thing hall and o put the members first because if the situation was reversed I think we all know what Tim s would have done........left the drivers hanging for his political gain like he did with the maspeth 250........any good union president would have straighten it out before hand
Actually you all have it backwards. I guess you think writing fiction over and over makes it true. But for all who are from Local 804 and experienced it firsthand, it was Tim and our local leaders who forced UPS back to the table. It was then that Split Raise Hall arrived to mediate the 2 sides. It was Tim sitting on the other side of the table working out a deal to get the 250 back. NOT HALL!! Hall did nothing more than facilitate the situation that was already moving forward.
And exactly how was it in Tim's interest to have the 250 "hanging"?? Are you kidding me?? Everyday brought the possibility of another group of them being walked out. Politically, Tim would have wanted it resolved as quick as possible. It was UPS who refused to talk!!

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Actually you all have it backwards. I guess you think writing fiction over and over makes it true. But for all who are from Local 804 and experienced it firsthand, it was Tim and our local leaders who forced UPS back to the table. It was then that Split Raise Hall arrived to mediate the 2 sides. It was Tim sitting on the other side of the table working out a deal to get the 250 back. NOT HALL!! Hall did nothing more than facilitate the situation that was already moving forward.
And exactly how was it in Tim's interest to have the 250 "hanging"?? Are you kidding me?? Everyday brought the possibility of another group of them being walked out. Politically, Tim would have wanted it resolved as quick as possible. It was UPS who refused to talk!!
Ups refused to talk to tim!!!!!!!.......He knew what Jairo was going through he's a 20 year employee......Tim knew Liam wasn't liked at that bldg....he could have settled before it escalated to him being walked off for something stupid.........he wasn't worried about his local at the time he had something more important going on

804brown

Ups refused to talk to tim!!!!!!!.......He knew what Jairo was going through he's a 20 year employee......Tim knew Liam wasn't liked at that bldg....he could have settled before it escalated to him being walked off for something stupid.........he wasn't worried about his local at the time he had something more important going on
Again, Liam told Tim not to come to the 72. That he "could handle it". Well, we all know NOW how Liam "handled it". Liam, in a his quite premeditated and methodical way, set the hold scenario up. He wanted to use this case-of Jairo-as a grand experiment to prove he was right about the contract. So he told Tim he will "handle" the 72 himself and goaded management into doing what they did and MADE the situation worse then it should have been.
With Tim far away, Liam made his move. We are all living with the repercussions. Only thing is he STILL thinks what he did was right while everyone else in that union hall thinks he screwed up.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Again, Liam told Tim not to come to the 72. That he "could handle it". Well, we all know NOW how Liam "handled it". Liam, in a his quite premeditated and methodical way, set the hold scenario up. He wanted to use this case-of Jairo-as a grand experiment to prove he was right about the contract. So he told Tim he will "handle" the 72 himself and goaded management into doing what they did and MADE the situation worse then it should have been.
With Tim far away, Liam made his move. We are all living with the repercussions. Only thing is he STILL thinks what he did was right while everyone else in that union hall thinks he screwed up.
Liam told tim!!!!!who's running that local Tim should be telling Liam!!!!!!

804brown

Liam told tim!!!!!who's running that local Tim should be telling Liam!!!!!!
Tim was told BY LIAM, all was ok. No need to come. That Liam had it under control. Believe me if Tim knew of Liam's hidden intentions Tim would have went to preside over the 72. But again, Liam made sure he wasn't there. Because Liam wanted to make the call. Because Liam thinks he knows better than all. Maybe that is why he thinks he is better than the other 13 members of his own E/B.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
BUG I admit you talk a good game but u never bring the FACTS!

Um..

If you had been here, (for more than a minute)

You would realize the fallacy of your statement.

you bring a butter knife to the strike line.

Even by "referencing" a strike line....

Demonstrates, your lack of knowledge pertaining to any involvement with the Teamsters.

Certainly, a complete lack of experience as an (elected) representaive or

any experience involved with organizing.

-Bug-

10 point

Yea but how many people actually work I. Yeah ur building like 70?
I think about 78. I said prob per capita.

The outlying centers are supposed to be able to retain their new hires better because more of them come from rural backgrounds with lower turn over. Even a neighboring center whose turnover was nil for years is struggling to find and retain pt workers. This info came strait from the hr person.

It's just not work the effort.
Heck, last week I was missing a NDA with a hin no.of 1058. I found it in FL4 with other similar pkgs in a bulk stop for another town...way past commit time.
The next morning I asked the loader if the supes said anything to him (he's not new) about the misloaded air that was del late and he said "nope".

There's a reason for that.

I think about 78. I said prob per capita.

The outlying centers are supposed to be able to retain their new hires better because more of them come from rural backgrounds with lower turn over. Even a neighboring center whose turnover was nil for years is struggling to find and retain pt workers. This info came strait from the hr person.

It's just not work the effort.
Heck, last week I was missing a NDA with a hin no.of 1058. I found it in FL4 with other similar pkgs in a bulk stop for another town...way past commit time.
The next morning I asked the loader if the supes said anything to him (he's not new) about the misloaded air that was del late and he said "nope".

There's a reason for that.
In my building they have no hard times finding people. Especially with going driving in a year or less.

Um..

If you had been here, (for more than a minute)

You would realize the fallacy of your statement.

Even by "referencing" a strike line....

Demonstrates, your lack of knowledge pertaining to any involvement with the Teamsters.

Certainly, a complete lack of experience as an (elected) representaive or

any experience involved with organizing.

-Bug-
Yea I bet he was about seven when we went on strike in 97.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What about then next 15 to 20 years?

Let's see. I plan on retiring 7/1/18 and moving to be closer to my granddaughter. I will watch her graduate from high school and then college. I will then watch her walk down the aisle to marry some guy she met at said college.

Of course, she is only 7 months old, so I may be getting a bit ahead of myself. :)

Let's see. I plan on retiring 7/1/18 and moving to be closer to my granddaughter. I will watch her graduate from high school and then college. I will then watch her walk down the aisle to marry some guy she met at said college.

Of course, she is only 7 months old, so I may be getting a bit ahead of myself. :)
I hope you can live till she's 50.