TDU?

804brown

TDU has something to sell you=free information.
TDU is in to make a ton of money if Sylvester wins. That's why they are so invested in our union.
Actually when things are bad like before 1991 and since 1998 TDU does better than when reformers are in control. Under Carey (1992-1998), reforms were implemented: cut bloated IBT salaries, got rid of IBT jets and condos- and strikes were won. Members were happy. Hence TDU roles dont grow.Since Hoffa has been in office, we have lost valuable ground and wasted valuable time. Members are unhappy. Hence, TDU roles grow. So one might conclude that if TDU was a scheme to make money then it would be in their interest to have Hoffa around to kick around. But in truth TDU cares more about making this a more democratic union that serves the members not the other way around.
And Piedmont, TDU is NOT a "union within a union". It is Teamsters who are due paying members who are not satisfied with the status quo. We are not content to just sit back and complain to our spouses and in the locker room. No, we put our time and energy into working to make this union better. It might come across as a bunch of malcontents but really for the money we pay for dues we do deserve better.
We also know what things could look like with a real reformer in office. It gives us something to compare to. Ron Carey truly Put Members First and he delivered. Hoffa puts self preservation first. He works the hardest at one thing and one thing only: GETTING RE-ELECTED!!

804brown

Your right! Difference being, TDU's focus is smearing the IBT, but the IBT doesn't really focus on crybabies.
Really?? IBT doesn't focus on TDU?? They have been obsessed with TDU since its inception. They even created under Old Guard leader Presser that group of thugs called BLAST (Brotherhood of Loyal Americans and Strong Teamsters) which hounded and physically attacked Teamster members who just happen to be attending TDU Conventions. (That would be like a group of Tea Partiers going to disrupt a Bernie Sanders gathering).
Of course, BLAST is gone but TDU is still with us today. As long as there are Teamster members struggling to bring democracy to their own locals or kick out corrupt local leaders or bring reform and courage to our IBT, there will be a TDU for concerned members to turn to.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Really?? IBT doesn't focus on TDU?? They have been obsessed with TDU since its inception. They even created under Old Guard leader Presser that group of thugs called BLAST (Brotherhood of Loyal Americans and Strong Teamsters) which hounded and physically attacked Teamster members who just happen to be attending TDU Conventions. (That would be like a group of Tea Partiers going to disrupt a Bernie Sanders gathering).
Of course, BLAST is gone but TDU is still with us today. As long as there are Teamster members struggling to bring democracy to their own locals or kick out corrupt local leaders or bring reform and courage to our IBT, there will be a TDU for concerned members to turn to.
You just proved my point Tim! Focus on the past big guy.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1438648607.022359.jpg

I'll post it simply...... Tdu brings information to the rank and file that the old guard don't want you to know... I been on both sides. I feel with Tdu you have more educated members! BUT.. That education comes at a cost!! If a Tdu slate wins a local election they funnel $ out of the local!! A Tdu activist in a strong old guard local has a target on their back and chances are they will not make it to retirement!!
For starters I would glance at their web page just like lead belly and wide load do and get educated but be careful because when the old guard comes after you there is no one there to save you!! I'm a huge fan of the way Z runs his local 89 with no Tdu or old guard influence!!
Lead and wide act like they hate Tdu but they are on their site daily!!
I check TDU about 5 to 6 times a year to see what they have to say. It's 100% crap but I'm like any other American. I like to watch a good train wreck.

Actually when things are bad like before 1991 and since 1998 TDU does better than when reformers are in control. Under Carey (1992-1998), reforms were implemented: cut bloated IBT salaries, got rid of IBT jets and condos- and strikes were won. Members were happy. Hence TDU roles dont grow.Since Hoffa has been in office, we have lost valuable ground and wasted valuable time. Members are unhappy. Hence, TDU roles grow. So one might conclude that if TDU was a scheme to make money then it would be in their interest to have Hoffa around to kick around. But in truth TDU cares more about making this a more democratic union that serves the members not the other way around.
And Piedmont, TDU is NOT a "union within a union". It is Teamsters who are due paying members who are not satisfied with the status quo. We are not content to just sit back and complain to our spouses and in the locker room. No, we put our time and energy into working to make this union better. It might come across as a bunch of malcontents but really for the money we pay for dues we do deserve better.
We also know what things could look like with a real reformer in office. It gives us something to compare to. Ron Carey truly Put Members First and he delivered. Hoffa puts self preservation first. He works the hardest at one thing and one thing only: GETTING RE-ELECTED!!
If everything was so great the. Why did their leader get banned for life and then 18 years of nothing but losers from TDU? If the members like it so much why didn't they vote them out. I'll tell you why because they do a great job and you are a sore loser.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

For the record, I agree with everything you've posted except "TDU not being a union within a union." It's not a slam on the rank and file Teamsters that put the time and work in -- it's a valid criticism of an antiquated organizational structure and also of TDU's lack of external transparency.

10 point

Checks and balances.

Those that hate them are suspect.

Without cow poop (in the old days) we wouldn't have had fertilizer.

Tell the cow to quit pooping and the other side wouldn't have growth.

JMHO

804brown

For the record, I agree with everything you've posted except "TDU not being a union within a union." It's not a slam on the rank and file Teamsters that put the time and work in -- it's a valid criticism of an antiquated organizational structure and also of TDU's lack of external transparency.
What exactly is so antiquated?? Also, is like any other private organization: it gives its members full transparency. There are no secrets here. Salaries are laid out, benefits too. Plus all expenditures and incoming monies and their sources.

10 point

Love have you compare TDU to pieces of :censored2:. [emoji106]
the cow poop you are talking about being Tdu is actually the screw ups done by the ibt and used as fertilizer to grow their organization. I believe your crass posting is closer to that pile then what the original poster had in mind for this thread.

Wilson

As long as TDU keep complaining that UPS workers should continue to be yoked into bailing out all other Teamsters pension I'm out.