Teamcare Increases Coming

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
Projections are a 20% to 40% increase in insurance premiums due to economic downturn and Wuhan related costs. If this happens get ready for Teamcare to come for our raises. I believe some or possibly all contracts already have that language. Better hope you qualify for that $1200. It may be the only raise you get for awhile.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Projections are a 20% to 40% increase in insurance premiums due to economic downturn and Wuhan related costs. If this happens get ready for Teamcare to come for our raises. I believe some or possibly all contracts already have that language. Better hope you qualify for that $1200. It may be the only raise you get for awhile.
You might want to check out teamcare's annual report. I think they're doing just fine sitting on almost 6 billion in assets.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Health insurance is such a bs racket.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If this happens get ready for Teamcare to come for our raises. I believe some or possibly all contracts already have that language.

What contractual language are you referring to ?

The Central states pension looked like that at one time too.

The Central States pension fund was in trouble, going back into the 90's.

Not much of a concern for current UPS members, who retire(d) under

the current UPS/IBT plan.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The company usually does well in recessions so I don't know what numbers the OP is citing?

Delivery!!!

That 1200 dollars is more of a loan. I believe it is actually a credit on next year's taxes. So we will all eventually be paying it back.

specter208

That 1200 dollars is more of a loan. I believe it is actually a credit on next year's taxes. So we will all eventually be paying it back.
Not what I heard. The stimulus Money is tax free and does not need to be repaid. The stimulus is going to be taken out of federal budget for the next couple years. I could be wrong myself.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Not what I heard. The stimulus Money is tax free and does not need to be repaid. The stimulus is going to be taken out of federal budget for the next couple years. I could be wrong myself.
Trump is paying us all from his personal checking account. I could also be wrong.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It’s ok, we’ll just add an additional amendment to 22.4 language that they pay double deductibles!!

Second best contract ever, coming 2023.