Teamster Woes

dlm1976

Greetings brothers and sisters of the IBT. I have heard that they're only 2 supplements that have not ratified our contract because of concerns over the health care premiums. Here's my take on this situation, I see no problem with the increase in premiums, that won't affect you until the third year in our contract. How many people belong to the Union in Western PA? There are 250,000 union members working for UPS and my contract that has my pay raise and my retro check attached to it is being held up as it is for the rest of us, If the by laws were different to say that those who ratified the contact get their back pay and raises immediately and those who have voted it down would be the only ones hurting themselves instead of making the rest of us suffer until they can pull their heads from their asses. Like me, I'm sure there are many others that this raise and back pay would help tremendously. But because of a few sour apples in the bunch that didn't get what They think they deserve, the rest of us as a collective body must suffer. Please quit your crying and bitching Western PA and do what's right for us as a whole and stop thinking about just yourselves.

So essentially you're saying you're willing to sell your future for a couple of hundred dollars now?

If that back pay check being delayed will cause you to "suffer" and "will help tremendously" then maybe you need to take a look at where your money is going if that's the make or break in your life.

Johney

So essentially you're saying you're willing to sell your future for a couple of hundred dollars now?

If that back pay check being delayed will cause you to "suffer" and "will help tremendously" then maybe you need to take a look at where your money is going if that's the make or break in your life.
Maybe the OP just sees the inevitable coming. Seems most of the country has accepted the inevitable. More power to the hold outs I just think they are wasting their time. I probably am wrong maybe maybe not.

Maybe the OP just sees the inevitable coming. Seems most of the country has accepted the inevitable. More power to the hold outs I just think they are wasting their time. I probably am wrong maybe maybe not.

I didn't see any debate over why it should be accepted, inevitable or not. I just saw a "I want my money" post.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Here's my take on this situation.

Who asked you ??

I see no problem with the increase in premiums.

Spoken like a "true" company person.

So.... you're not in it, for the long term. Got it.

But because of a few sour apples in the bunch that didn't get what They think they deserve, the rest of us as a collective body must suffer.

You must be "new".... to this whole Union thing.

Please quit your crying and bitching Western PA and do what's right for us as a whole and stop thinking about just yourselves.

It's readily apparent.... you are the one crying.... and thinking about yourself.

-Bug-

Johney

Here's a tough question. How many are willing to go on strike for these hold outs if it were to come to that. I don't think it will ever come to that but who knows.

Here's a tough question. How many are willing to go on strike for these hold outs if it were to come to that. I don't think it will ever come to that but who knows.

The hold outs and those who voted no are the reason the first version of this sh**y contract didn't get railroaded through. Either we have a union or we don't.

That being said I don't see a strike.

CharleyHustle

Um...If the National Master passes, and you pass your supplement and local agreements, I'm not sure how legal a strike action would be in support of another local bargaining unit. Perhaps, some of the resident Union "in-the-know" posters could inform us.

Johney

The hold outs and those who voted no are the reason the first version of this sh**y contract didn't get railroaded through. Either we have a union or we don't.

That being said I don't see a strike.
I agree. I was just wondering if it could happen. Where the rest of us may be put in a hard situation.

Johney

Um...If the National Master passes, and you pass your supplement and local agreements, I'm not sure how legal a strike action would be in support of another local bargaining unit. Perhaps, some of the resident Union "in-the-know" posters could inform us.
That's what I'm wondering.

I agree. I was just wondering if it could happen. Where the rest of us may be put in a hard situation.

Anything COULD happen.

Where that would put one region would be if another region struck then what might come from them would be viewed as struck goods.