Teamsters demand answers

Integrity

Binge Poster
Where’s the solution?
I will be pressuring UPS to fulfill their responsibility to protect us employees through OSHA. I won’t have to wait long because OSHA is already working on specific rules for this specific issue because local management of companies like UPS lack integrity, and perpetuate a poor safety culture.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I will be pressuring UPS to fulfill their responsibility to protect us employees through OSHA. I won’t have to wait long because OSHA is already working on specific rules for this specific issue because local management of companies like UPS lack integrity, and perpetuate a poor safety culture.
What do you want them to do?

Thebrownblob

That’s number seven on that particular cue card.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What do you want them to do?
First thing is I want OSHA to force UPS Corporately to see that every package car driver has access on their truck to drinking water meeting the requirements that it be fresh, pure, suitably cool, and provided to employees free of charge. The water shall be located as close as practicable to the areas where employees are working. Where drinking water is not plumbed or otherwise continuously supplied, it shall be provided in sufficient quantity at the beginning of the work shift to provide one quart per employee per hour for drinking for the entire shift. Employers may begin the shift with smaller quantities of water if they have effective procedures for replenishment during the shift as needed to allow employees to drink one quart or more per hour.

Any questions?

Thebrownblob

First thing is I want OSHA to force UPS Corporately to see that every package car driver has access on their truck to drinking water meeting the requirements that it be fresh, pure, suitably cool, and provided to employees free of charge. The water shall be located as close as practicable to the areas where employees are working. Where drinking water is not plumbed or otherwise continuously supplied, it shall be provided in sufficient quantity at the beginning of the work shift to provide one quart per employee per hour for drinking for the entire shift. Employers may begin the shift with smaller quantities of water if they have effective procedures for replenishment during the shift as needed to allow employees to drink one quart or more per hour.

Any questions?
Yes what happens when employees choose not to drink it? Will you advocate for the company to discipline drivers as a last resort as you have previously said?