Teamsters demand answers

What'dyabringmetoday???

No one‘s mad at you for pointing out something that shouldn’t happen. I’ve never heard of those kind of jobs being 22.3 that doesn’t sound like an international problem that sounds like a local problem. We have a list of every job in our local, it describes the job and also if the job is vacated it is re- bid in a timely manner so as we don’t lose the allotment of 22.3 jobs. Did you happen to file a grievance when this happened? It would’ve been very easy to win, lots of people do not understand if you don’t do anything the company will do whatever they want and some locals are weak and just look the other way if no one complains.
You'd need to know our BA.

It is likely UPS has not responded. And probably won’t .
CHYAI8rX8Ra2A.gif

Thebrownblob

So Sean is same as the old boss?

I don’t think so. I’m fairly certain The union leadership knew full well UPS had no intention of sharing information with us if you read the letter they even ask politely, it wasn’t a demand. Knowing they will not give that information will be a rally point in contract negotiations. The company stonewalling safety information.
1661221053386.png

Everything has a purpose.

542thruNthru

I don’t think so. I’m fairly certain The union leadership knew full well UPS had no intention of sharing information with us if you read the letter they even ask politely, it wasn’t a demand. Knowing they will not give that information will be a rally point in contract negotiations. The company stonewalling safety information.View attachment 397373

Everything has a purpose.
From what I've heard and seen in the past we write a lot of these letters. 70 work weeks, excessive overtime, egress/over 70 and now and I'm sure other things. It seems to be a step in the process.

Thebrownblob

I am encouraged and impressed by the IBT’s commitment to safety and also by their willingness to get involved in this specific serious work hazard of these changing times.
I know it’s crazy it’s almost like they plan on negotiating some of these things. Although according to you I don’t know why they would need to? I mean after all it would be a waste of their resources and time since OSHA is going to handle this.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I am encouraged and impressed by the IBT’s commitment to safety and also by their willingness to get involved in this specific serious work hazard of these changing times.

They should consider a decent 25 and out any age option for every region...forcing our members to work past age 55 is a safety issue also.

That also means some serious improvements nationwide with everybody’s retirees Health and Welfare coverages.