Teamsters demand answers

Thebrownblob

They should consider a decent 25 and out any age option for every region...forcing our members to work past age 55 is a safety issue also.

That also means some serious improvements nationwide with everybody’s retirees Health and Welfare coverages.
This would be my number one issue if they could figure this out we would be golden.

This would be my number one issue if they could figure this out we would be golden.
The any age is a big issue.
Let's say you started working here when you was 20 years old. You worked a few years part time ,then you was able to get a full time job.
To pay out a pension from somebody in their late 40s it would take a lot amount of money and I don't think the math is there to justify that.

Thebrownblob

Let's say you started working here when you was 20 years old. You worked a few years part time ,then you was able to get a full time job.
To pay out a pension from somebody in their late 40s it would take a lot amount of money and I don't think the math is there to justify that.
Yep don’t think it will ever happen but it would be a huge win if it could. At 55 years old I will have 38 years in both full and part-time. My actual full retirement age is 65 15 more years which would put me at 53 years of service which I think is insane and I’m not going to do. I do believe full retirement and full pension should be more reasonable than that age and years of service. That’s why I’ve been advocating to get credit for more than the 1800 hrs. A year. If the company wants to work you more hours you should get more credit towards retirement. I would rather have that than 9.5 money personally. If the company knew they had to give you credit towards your pension would see a lot less people working 2500 to 2900 hours a year. And I believe they would hire more people.

Last edited:
Yep don’t think it will ever happen but it would be a huge win if it could. At 55 years old I will have 38 years in both full and part-time. My actual full retirement age is 65 15 more years which would put me at 53 years of service which I think is insane and I’m not going to do. I do believe full retirement and full pension should be more reasonable than that age and years of service. That’s why I’ve been advocating to get credit for more than the 1800 hrs. A year. If the company wants to work you more hours you should get more credit towards retirement. I would rather have that than 9.5 money personally. If the company knew they had to give you credit towards your pension would see a lot less people working 2500 to 2900 hours a year. And I believe they would hire more people.
Unfortunately everything has a cost

I'd rather see them put more money into the pension plan then hiring more people.

The cost of benefits and extra vehicles would be an extremely large amount of money.

But with that being said they could easily put in another $100 or more a week into the pension fund

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

The West is doing it...

Why not nationwide...? 🤔

They are a very healthy multi-employer plan.

Full timers and Part timers.
Well unfortunately I'm in a multi-employer plan and we had way too many businesses go belly up.

Also when the fund was fully funded instead of giving a 13 payment they decided to raise the monthly payout.

That's what's scary about it to me then the tech talk bubble bursted, then 9/11
Then the last decade of the 2000 to 2010

DELACROIX

Doing what?

Peer 80 (full timers).. How about paying 300 dollars a service year, a nice 25 and out any age, able to start collecting their full pension at age 65 and still be able to work.

Peer 84 (part timers)...I believe is paying out at 200 dollars per service year, same retirees’ health and welfare as the full timers. Their pension plan does not stop at 35 years , it will continue to grow till you retire.

The great part of their plan is that if you are part time and go full time you continue to accrue monetary benefits as if you were in one plan, unlike the Central and Southern.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Peer 80 (full timers).. How about paying 300 dollars a service year, a nice 25 and out any age, able to start collecting their full pension at age 65 and still be able to work.

Peer 84 (part timers)...I believe is paying out at 200 dollars per service year, same retirees’ health and welfare as the full timers. Their pension plan does not stop at 35 years , it will continue to grow till you retire.

The great part of their plan is that if you are part time and go full time you continue to accrue monetary benefits as if you were in one plan, unlike the Central and Southern.
How much at 25 years?

DELACROIX

How much at 25 years?

I do not have the current total... I did find the Peer 80 formula back in 2008.

Age 52 with 28 years of service = 3,800, by 2012 the service formula would be at 210 dollars a year.

I resume that it has grown considerably over the last 14 years...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I do not have the current total... I did find the Peer 80 formula back in 2008.

Age 52 with 28 years of service = 3,800, by 2012 the service formula would be at 210 dollars a year.

I resume that it has grown considerably over the last 14 years...
Oh, you get that number times years of service. That add up for the driver who sticks around.

Our plan maxes out at 30 and that's it.

DELACROIX

Oh, you get that number times years of service. That add up for the driver who sticks around.

Our plan maxes out at 30 and that's it.

It is a great formula... add your age to your years of service if it hits 80 ..you can go any age...

Not sure about the eligibility for healthcare...

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Just bid inside