Teamsters demand answers

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Because feeder drivers are better than delivery drivers.

The language goes back a long way.

Tractors were still cab-over.... with no power steering.

ARTICLE 7—AIR CONDITIONING

"Effective May 1, 1977, all tractor-feeder road equipment placed in service shall be equipped with air conditioning.

Effective April 29, 1981, all other tractor-feeder road equipment (except equipment manufactured in 1969 or before) used in the service of the Employer shall be equipped with air conditioning.

Any equipment that is put into service after August 1, 1990 that already has an air-conditioning unit, such units will not be removed. All air-conditioned equipment will be maintained in working order. It is understood that the Joint Committee may waive installation of air conditioning where climatic conditions or other standards exist."

ups18centralregionsupp.pdf

1659536231168.png

"Effective May 1, 1977, all tractor-feeder road equipment placed in service shall be equipped with air conditioning.

Effective April 29, 1981, all other tractor-feeder road equipment (except equipment manufactured in 1969 or before) used in the service of the Employer shall be equipped with air conditioning.

Any equipment that is put into service after August 1, 1990 that already has an air-conditioning unit, such units will not be removed. All air-conditioned equipment will be maintained in working order. It is understood that the Joint Committee may waive installation of air conditioning where climatic conditions or other standards exist."

View attachment 394522
Again- sarcasm...

Brownwind

View attachment 394522
Holy cow I remember parking and washing those tractors. I remember the first time I had to park the new Mack’s (with the long nose) how different I was due to the size.

Glad I’m in package

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

View attachment 394522

Diamond Rios...?

View attachment 394522
I love the last sentence. Typical of "elected officials ".

Thebrownblob

I love the last sentence. Typical of "elected officials ".
For Sure butt covering, too many variables especially as at the time it was a new agreement. Most likely a lawyer looked over the language and had them add that. But I guess it all shook out in the end because I don’t know of any tractors that don’t have air-conditioning except for shifters

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Why do feeders have AC?
They ain't working in the back of the trailer they could definitely drive with their windows down just like the package car driver does.
It's the DOT that made UPS put in the ac , believe it or not , these tractors throw off a lot of heat. Nobody wants a trucker to pass out while on the roadways , it wasn't from the goodness of Berlin's heart

Pullman Brown

Feeders are not stopping and going opening doors 100-250 times a day. I think that argument is/has becoming less influential nonetheless it seems to be the companies public relations message minus the obvious cost reduction.