Teamsters demand answers

Thebrownblob

Maybe a low death rate but we had several drivers this year had a seat medical attention due to the excessive heat
We have a contract coming up if it’s that important to people they need to let the international and their locals know they want air conditioning and better ventilation it’s just that simple. If it’s not that important it won’t be one of the main topics brought up. I remember last contract it was Way down on the list of submitted proposals.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We have a contract coming up if it’s that important to people they need to let the international and their locals know they want air conditioning and better ventilation it’s just that simple. If it’s not that important it won’t be one of the main topics brought up. I remember last contract it was Way down on the list of submitted proposals.
You got way more pusillanimous working now

Trucker Clock

Maybe a low death rate but we had several drivers this year had a seat medical attention due to the excessive heat

Every outdoor job will have a few issues with the heat. Not saying UPS doesn’t. But they don’t have any more issues statistically than other employers. So, UPS does not seem to be the factor in the equation.

The risk of a heat related illness is still there in the heat, but is drastically reduced, almost eliminated, if a person stays properly hydrated.

There will be some, out of 110,0000, realistically. But that number is also low.

Thebrownblob

Every outdoor job will have a few issues with the heat. Not saying UPS doesn’t. But they don’t have any more issues statistically than other employers. So, UPS does not seem to be the factor in the equation.

The risk of a heat related illness is still there in the heat, but is drastically reduced, almost eliminated, if a person stays properly hydrated.

There will be some, out of 110,0000, realistically. But that number is also low.

Agreed and our brown café self-appointed OSHA snitch and Company plant @Integrity wants drivers to be disciplined up to and including termination if they don’t do what he and his management buddies tells them.

I'm going to say we have to get air conditioning but the very least they could try to get us out a little earlier and give us a lighter dispatch on these hot days

Trucker Clock

Agreed and our brown café self-appointed OSHA snitch and Company plant @Integrity wants drivers to be disciplined up to and including termination if they don’t do what he and his management buddies tells them.

Yep. Somebody goes down with heat exhaustion and he wants them fired for failing to follow cool solutions training.

OK, I won’t put words in his mouth like he did mine. He wants “progressive discipline“ against said driver.

Thebrownblob

Yep. Somebody goes down with heat exhaustion and he wants them fired for failing to follow cool solutions training.

OK, I won’t put words in his mouth like he did mine. He wants “progressive discipline“ against said driver.
Absolutely but we all know where the progress leads to.., any union member advocating management to do that is no union member I want to associate with.

ManInBrown

Why do feeders have AC?
They ain't working in the back of the trailer they could definitely drive with their windows down just like the package car driver does.
97 here yesterday. I got so cold inside the tractor, I had to turn the AC off A few times. Let things warm up a little. I tend to get a sore throat when I go overboard with the AC. Last thing I want.

Trucker Clock

I'm going to say we have to get air conditioning but the very least they could try to get us out a little earlier and give us a lighter dispatch on these hot days

I will never say never about the A/C, but it would not help much.. On short hops between stops, the cool air blowing on you would feel good, but it really wouldn’t cool you down, It would do nothing to cool the cab, let alone cargo area, unless there is a significant drive to the next stop.

What it would do is temp drivers to keep the package car running while delivering, or temp them to sit for a few minutes at the stop with the package car still running to feel the effects of the A/C.

Personally, walking into a building with A/C felt good for about a minute. But any longer, I would cool down a little bit and then die all over again when I walked back outside.

I would rather just stay in the heat, since my body was acclimated to it, except for lunch. Sit somewhere and cool off for awhile.