Teamsters demand answers

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I do not have the current total... I did find the Peer 80 formula back in 2008.

Age 52 with 28 years of service = 3,800, by 2012 the service formula would be at 210 dollars a year.

I resume that it has grown considerably over the last 14 years...

The current IBT/UPS Pension Plan using the above formula age 52 with 28 years full time would only pay around 2,300 same as it was back in 2008.

What will peer 80 pay today with that service and age .. fair to say it would be over 5,000.

The current IBT/UPS Pension Plan using the above formula age 52 with 28 years full time would only pay around 2,300 same as it was back in 2008.

What will peer 80 pay today with that service and age .. fair to say it would be over 5,000.
That's a problem with no inflation kicker on the pension

What sounds good today May not be very good 10 or 20 years from now

DELACROIX

That would be nice but probably unfortunately the money will not be there

Some kind of a 401k match would really be nice so you could have yourself your own pension raise

The money is there...remember that they will be eliminated the excessive funding of the management pension fund, that is an annual savings of roughly 1.5 billion. Will they give that to the shareholders?

The money is there...remember that they will be eliminated the excessive funding of the management pension fund, that is an annual savings of roughly 1.5 billion. Will they give that to the shareholders?
They already gave that money to the shareholders buy raising the dividend 50 cents a share
I don't know the exact number but I think it's around 750 million shares of outstanding UPS stock

Then they have two dollars a year dividend increase
That's about 1.5 billion give or take a couple dollars

DELACROIX

They already gave that money to the shareholders buy raising the dividend 50 cents a share
I don't know the exact number but I think it's around 750 million shares of outstanding UPS stock

Then they have two dollars a year dividend increase
That's about 1.5 billion give or take a couple dollars

Apparently we were all screwed again..remember that total when they claim they cannot increase your pension benefits because they can not afford it...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Integrity

Binge Poster
More fuel for the fire.

It was only a matter of time. This really sucks. I hope everyone is ok.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I know it’s crazy it’s almost like they plan on negotiating some of these things.
Perhaps.
Although according to you I don’t know why they would need to?
I agree, I sure they have their reasons.
I mean after all it would be a waste of their resources and time since OSHA is going to handle this.
It would seem so.

The IBT leadership are obviously educated about what is going on in OSHA, such as the New Rule making that is underway, the NEP, and all the work that OSHA and Health and Safety professionals are putting into the workplace so one might wonder the angle here. I have my on opinions as to why the IBT is pressing this issue the way they are, but I will keep them to myself for now.

Thebrownblob

Perhaps.

I agree, I sure they have their reasons.

It would seem so.

The IBT leadership are obviously educated about what is going on in OSHA, such as the New Rule making that is underway, the NEP, and all the work that OSHA and Health and Safety professionals are putting into the workplace so one might wonder the angle here. I have my on opinions as to why the IBT is pressing this issue the way they are, but I will keep them to myself for now.
Or you’re completely wrong And don’t understand what’s happening at all, especially in accordance to where the IBT is going with negotiations in the next 6 to 8 months? Certainly they are not waiting three years for some movement.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Or you’re completely wrong
Perhaps.

But keep in mind, you have been educated about how hard OSHA is pushing this issue.You have the same information that I have and no doubt, based upon the wording of the Teamsters questionnaire, the IBT is well aware and educated on the same information that you have.

You can draw your own conclusions about this.

It does seem to me, for whatever reasons, the IBT is taking a fairly strong position on this issue though, even stronger than many on this site appear to want to support.
And don’t understand what’s happening at all, especially in accordance to where the IBT is going with negotiations in the next 6 to 8 months?
This may be true.

But I still have my own ideas , that of course could be wrong, of why they are taking this position.
Certainly they are not waiting three years for some movement.
I think there will be considerable change from OSHA, implemented over the course of the 3 years.

I think you will see more clear regulations going into next summer, and every summer there after.

Thebrownblob

Perhaps.

But keep in mind, you have been educated about how hard OSHA is pushing this issue.You have the same information that I have and no doubt, based upon the wording of the Teamsters questionnaire, the IBT is well aware and educated on the same information that you have.

You can draw your own conclusions about this.

It does seem to me, for whatever reasons, the IBT is taking a fairly strong position on this issue though, even stronger than many on this site appear to want to support.

This may be true.

But I still have my own ideas , that of course could be wrong, of why they are taking this position.

I think there will be considerable change from OSHA, implemented over the course of the 3 years.

I think you will see more clear regulations going into next summer, and every summer there after.
But again if what you say is going to happen it would be a waste of time for the IBT to do a questionnaire and negotiate such things.

And UPS would already be implementing these things you say OSHA has coming because they would know as well.
I can assure you nothing is being implemented new on the UPS side. At least not until it’s negotiated.

Integrity

Binge Poster
But again if what you say is going to happen it would be a waste of time for the IBT to do a questionnaire and negotiate such things.

And UPS would already be implementing these things you say OSHA has coming because they would know as well.
On the surface this seems to be so, but I suspect you may not be giving the Teamsters enough credit to leverage a situation like this into an expression of leadership strength and Union power.

Particularly knowing that unless there is an early agreement the contract talks will be at their height in the heat of next summer.

You have all the OSHA information, try to look at it without cynicism towards OSHA and make up your own mind.

I can assure you nothing is being implemented new on the UPS side.
I disagree. UPS has changed many things over the years, in the past and recent past.
At least not until it’s negotiated.
Many of these forced changes were not negotiated.

Thebrownblob

On the surface this seems to be so, but I suspect you may not be giving the Teamsters enough credit to leverage a situation like this into an expression of leadership strength and Union power.

Particularly knowing that unless there is an early agreement the contract talks will be at their height in the heat of next summer.

You have all the OSHA information, try to look at it without cynicism towards OSHA and make up your own mind.

I disagree. UPS has changed many things over the years, in the past and recent past.

Many of these forced changes were not negotiated.
It’s funny that you think I might not know.