Teamsters endorse Joe Biden??

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He would still be a better president than Trump
1598082002692.png

freehoodies

Monopolies are bad. Unions are essentially monopolies of the labor force. As long as there is competition to keep the unions “honest” it works out though.

Which is why “public” sector union workforces all suck. Theres no other teachers/police that you can pick if the ones you have suck. So they never get fired and theres nothing you can do about it.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I’d say close to 100% of UPS full time union are Republican. What an insult to support Biden. The Union is clueless. All the Dems care about are those who don’t want to work.
Who do you think is running federal agencies and regulatory agencies like EEOC and NLRB, teamsters respect going out business rules changes also givebacks from pension they don't collaborate when it comes to writing contract bids with the workers, the gathered under in favor of the company, not the members! Amazon and Walmart it' leading the paradise of the new...
1598192035558.png
Without teamsters. can you post anything that Trump did for the teamsters?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I still remember the teamster’s leadership belly aching about the Republicans being in office as being an excuse for their failures. Them Obama took office and contributed 8 years of doing nothing for the labor unions...He probably looked at how exclusive they were at the leadership positions and did not like what he saw...

The NLRB and the EEOC were a joke before Trump got into power. Trump early on was reaching out to the teamster’s leadership (Hoffa) for political reasons .. The Blue Collar vote... He probably made the same conclusion as Obama ... That the leadership has lost touch with their members and were all about protecting their status quo.

Bottom line is no matter who Washington endorses...Their members will vote for anyone they damn want too as their right...

Brown echo

I still remember the teamster’s leadership belly aching about the Republicans being in office as being an excuse for their failures. Them Obama took office and contributed 8 years of doing nothing for the labor unions...He probably looked at how exclusive they were at the leadership positions and did not like what he saw...

The NLRB and the EEOC were a joke before Trump got into power. Trump early on was reaching out to the teamster’s leadership (Hoffa) for political reasons .. The Blue Collar vote... He probably made the same conclusion as Obama ... That the leadership has lost touch with their members and were all about protecting their status quo.

Bottom line is no matter who Washington endorses...Their members will vote for anyone they damn want too as their right...

DELACROIX

Question: What year was that clip made?...I did see the Dow was at 10,916... today it hovers around 27,000...

The S/P was at a 1174 level...today it is about 3400...

Even if Karl Marx was the head of the NLRB..Corporations and Lobbyist will still control their rulings...Money talks in Washington whether you be Republican or Democrat....

I would agree the pendulum has been swinging toward big businesses...Remember that the Democrats are no different than the Republicans when it comes to large monetary donations from special interests groups....

Biden been a politician for most of his adult life...Close to 50 years...He is now 77 years old and mentally going south like most of us at that age..He has cottoned to some of the (worst worker rights) entities in the world to get into the positions for his run for the White House...Will he have the whereabouts or guts to change anything with the Labor Unions and Corporations to produce a more level the playing field...

DELACROIX

Didn't you just proof my point about the Obama and Biden era...Your Biden clip was from 2007..

Thirteen years ago...All talk no action...(UPS Freight...How are you feeling about your last couple of contracts?)

He apparently was running for the top spot...Who was he running against when he made those claims?

I will google it...

DELACROIX

Biden dropped out early of the democrat primary after a dismal start back in 2007/2008.

He suffered through his usual "Foot in Mouth Disease" by saying something about Obama "being clean and tidy not like others?"

Obama picked him as Vice because he needed an insider in Washington..he probably knew that he would behave and toll the line...and he was not a threat to his power base...

freehoodies

Who do you think is running federal agencies and regulatory agencies like EEOC and NLRB, teamsters respect going out business rules changes also givebacks from pension they don't collaborate when it comes to writing contract bids with the workers, the gathered under in favor of the company, not the members! Amazon and Walmart it' leading the paradise of the new...View attachment 306941Without teamsters. can you post anything that Trump did for the teamsters?
Other than eliminating one of our main competitors the Post office? (Just kidding, calm down.)

Destroyed Isis, got us out of the middle east, lowered my taxes, lowered illegal immigration over 90% with wall and getting mexico to help enforce, got 2 supreme court picks that arent sjws, got me over 70% return on my stock portfolio over the last 4 years and thats including the largest artificial economic shutdown in the last hundred years.

(Seriously look at the stock market now compared to march. Who could bring the economy back from that in such a short timeframe? Obama couldn’t do that in 8 years)

Obama did make healthcare costs triple though, which does makes union benefits look better by comparison. So theres that.

Brown echo

Other than eliminating one of our main competitors the Post office? (Just kidding, calm down.)

Destroyed Isis, got us out of the middle east, lowered my taxes, lowered illegal immigration over 90% with wall and getting mexico to help enforce, got 2 supreme court picks that arent sjws, got me over 70% return on my stock portfolio over the last 4 years and thats including the largest artificial economic shutdown in the last hundred years.

(Seriously look at the stock market now compared to march. Who could bring the economy back from that in such a short timeframe? Obama couldn’t do that in 8 years)

Obama did make healthcare costs triple though, which does makes union benefits look better by comparison. So theres that.
Corporations pay 12% tax rate middle class wage earners to pay 20-30% so no wonder the stock market goes up as companies can now pollute and ignore safety concerns like cov 19. Under Trump, S&P has grown by 46% in three years, While Obama grew 56% without tax cut for the rich.

Last edited:

freehoodies

Corporations pay 12% tax rate middle class wage earners to pay 20-30% so no wonder the stock market goes up as companies can now pollute and ignore safety concerns like cov 19. Under Trump, S&P has grown by 46% in three years, While Obama grew 56% without tax cut for the rich.
S&P 500 prices
Jan ‘08 1692.86
Jan ‘09 1013.35
Jan ‘10 1284.35
Jan ‘11 1513.76
Jan ‘12 1500.08
Jan ‘13 1685.37
Jan ‘14 1975.11
Jan ‘15 2212.44
Jan ‘16 2122.62

Total of 25% gain over 8 years, or 3% gain per year

Im having a hard time finding where obama grew the s&p by 56%, unless you cherry pick the low that he drove it to as the starting point, and use common core math.

Trumps effect on S&P500
Jan ‘17 2431.55 14% gain
Jan ‘18 2950.88 20% gain
Jan ‘19 2782.52 6% loss
Jan ‘20 3238.42 16% gain

Today 3397.16 a 5% gain from Jan with all the covid nonsense included.

40% gain over 4 years, or 10% gain per year.
Macrotrends.net/2324/sp-500-historical-chart-data

zimbomb

S&P 500 prices
Jan ‘08 1692.86
Jan ‘09 1013.35
Jan ‘10 1284.35
Jan ‘11 1513.76
Jan ‘12 1500.08
Jan ‘13 1685.37
Jan ‘14 1975.11
Jan ‘15 2212.44
Jan ‘16 2122.62

Total of 25% gain over 8 years, or 3% gain per year

Im having a hard time finding where obama grew the s&p by 56%, unless you cherry pick the low that he drove it to as the starting point, and use common core math.

Trumps effect on S&P500
Jan ‘17 2431.55 14% gain
Jan ‘18 2950.88 20% gain
Jan ‘19 2782.52 6% loss
Jan ‘20 3238.42 16% gain

Today 3397.16 a 5% gain from Jan with all the covid nonsense included.

40% gain over 4 years, or 10% gain per year.
Macrotrends.net/2324/sp-500-historical-chart-data
So I went to that website macrotrends.net and clicked on by president. What am I missing?

freehoodies

So I went to that website macrotrends.net and clicked on by president. What am I missing?
By president? Just look at the chart, click on 10-20 year and look at the number.

If you don’t like that website pick another its not like the numbers will change