Teamsters to STRIKE UPS coming soon.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
8B4F9791-A5F1-4122-B76A-25FFA4536D48.gif
People are playing with fire.

Foamer Pyle

No, they are all guaranteed 40 hours. The double time is going to curb the over 60 hour weeks during peak. the 22.4 will get people under 9.5. You are just to ignorant to see it.
The language in this contract is garbage. The union let UPS turn this small package job turn into a one man band furniture delivery job, with excessive hours, and harassment. I cannot support this contract.

Tony Q

The language in this contract is garbage. The union let UPS turn this small package job turn into a one man band furniture delivery job, with excessive hours, and harassment. I cannot support this contract.
That is fine. Vote it down and lets go to the next phase. In my opinion a strike is inevitable. Maybe after this everyone will be more satisfied.

Foamer Pyle

No, 800 for the 30 year and 1,300 for the 35 year. Please try and keep up.
Great, so Make the increase active from day one. Why should i have to work another year for this increase. Thirty years is hard enough to reach under the current deteriorating working conditions.

Tony Q

Great, so Make the increase active from day one. Why should i have to work another year for this increase. Thirty years is hard enough to reach under the current deteriorating working conditions.
You have to make sure enough is going in tho balance the higher payouts. its what makes your pension a stable fund. I know it is annoying, but we have to keep this fund solvent as long as we can. We need to learn from the multi employer pension disasters. If I had it my way we wouldn't have raised it and put it in to the part timers catch up raise and 15 an hour starting wage.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
That is fine. Vote it down and lets go to the next phase. In my opinion a strike is inevitable. Maybe after this everyone will be more satisfied.
Who's side are you on?

You know what would make everyone satisfied?

A contract we actually asked for. Not one filled with loop holes ups can exploit.

It sounds like you might actually be on the negotiating team because you aren't understanding anything we are telling you.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Dude, take a chill pill !!!

Personally, I don't mind the 22.4 position and the miniscule pay raise.
The flock didn't want to work weekends and wanted higher entry pay, they got it so they can eat crow.
What I mind is the terrible contract language that will irrefutably be used to backfire the employees.
If you can't see that. I can't help you.

Tony Q

Dude, take a chill pill !!!

Personally, I don't mind the 22.4 position and the miniscule pay raise.
The flock didn't want to work weekends and wanted higher entry pay, they got it so they can eat crow.
What I mind is the terrible contract language that will irrefutably be used to backfire the employees.
If you can't see that. I can't help you.
If you don't believe in it, vote your conscience. We have the language to protect you, but if you want to roll the dice I'll play hard ball for you.

Tony Q

Who's side are you on?

You know what would make everyone satisfied?

A contract we actually asked for. Not one filled with loop holes ups can exploit.

It sounds like you might actually be on the negotiating team because you aren't understanding anything we are telling you.
You got what the consensus of members asked for. You just don't understand it.