Technology change, was it approved by Union?

Whatever that means? Seriously still waiting for you to comment on this post. Has there been a loss of routes in your area? Please be honest. The Orion guy admitted that every center he has been in at least two routes were eliminated. Doesn't it bother you when hall says crap that isn't true? For once I would like to see you post something that is not pro Hoffa, Hall, In The Game, BUG or anyone else that you feel needs praised. Admit it jobs have been lost.
I checked and I'm not authorized to comment at this time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Some of the union guys have been in office so long, they don't have a clue of all the new changes. "Yo guyz, wherz the pay phone"?

Whatever that means? Seriously still waiting for you to comment on this post. Has there been a loss of routes in your area? Please be honest. The Orion guy admitted that every center he has been in at least two routes were eliminated. Doesn't it bother you when hall says crap that isn't true? For once I would like to see you post something that is not pro Hoffa, Hall, In The Game, BUG or anyone else that you feel needs praised. Admit it jobs have been lost.
Who are you to talk smack about hall. If you were in his shoes you'd cry yourself to sleep at night or drink like a fish. He doesn't do either. That guy has been taking care of us upsers for so long. You will never be happy no matter what. You are on the outside looking in. You are so blinded by your own ignorance that there is no one that can ever explain it to you. Keep trolling.

Orion is a concept to eliminate miles and make us more productive. Isn't this what any employer wants? Of course they expect to eliminate routes. The thing is they will institute the system their way and it won't ever be optimized to the best it can be. Ups doesn't want our input. What should happen is we as members should follow this system off a cliff and let ups lie in their bed. In reality ups is betting that the majority of us will work around all the bugs and this will mask the systems inequalities.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Some of the union guys have been in office so long, they don't have a clue of all the new changes. "Yo guyz, wherz the pay phone"?

Is that your personal experience ?

When was the last time.... you went to a monthly meeting ?

After all, the members are the Union.

When was the last time.... you filed a grievance ?

Orion is a concept to eliminate miles and make us more productive.

"UPS also cited many other benefits stemming from ORION in the coming years, including:
-a 100,000 metric ton reduction in CO2 emissions that is equivalent to taking 21,000 passenger cars off the road for a year based on the Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator;
-annual savings of 10 million gallons of fuel and more than $300 million upon completion of the U.S. implementation of ORION, with additional environmental benefits and cost reduction savings expected when UPS vehicles outside the U.S. are equipped with ORION technology"

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/article/ups_is_focused_on_the_future_for_its_orion_technology

What should happen is we as members should follow this system off a cliff and let ups lie in their bed. In reality ups is betting that the majority of us will work around all the bugs and this will mask the systems inequalities.

That is what the company.... is counting on.

Walk it back.... TDU.

-Bug-

Overpaid Union Thug

"UPS also cited many other benefits stemming from ORION in the coming years, including:
-a 100,000 metric ton reduction in CO2 emissions that is equivalent to taking 21,000 passenger cars off the road for a year based on the Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator;
-annual savings of 10 million gallons of fuel and more than $300 million upon completion of the U.S. implementation of ORION, with additional environmental benefits and cost reduction savings expected when UPS vehicles outside the U.S. are equipped with ORION technology"

I literally laughed out loud when I read the part highlighted in red. I'd love to see the spread sheet they pulled that number off of compared to a spread sheet that shows how much our drivers are paid in OT in order to save those miles.

But anyway....I think the only thing the union can do to combat ORION is to focus on safety issues that arise from having to follow it and to take a firm stand against disciplining a driver that refuses to follow it when it puts them in a dangerous situation.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is that your personal experience ?

When was the last time.... you went to a monthly meeting ?

After all, the members are the Union.

When was the last time.... you filed a grievance ?

-Bug-

Getting serious here!

Pulling out all stops!

BUG Sharpton is playing the the equivalent of the race card.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I literally laughed out loud when I read the part highlighted in red. I'd love to see the spread sheet they pulled that number off of compared to a spread sheet that shows how much our drivers are paid in OT in order to save those miles.

But anyway....I think the only thing the union can do to combat ORION is to focus on safety issues that arise from having to follow it and to take a firm stand against disciplining a driver that refuses to follow it when it puts them in a dangerous situation.
Let's forget about the OT for a minute. From what I hear on here it doesn't save miles either.

I think that spread sheet came from every days projected miles not real world miles.

rod

Retired 22 years
Around here we have a lot of roads that come to a dead end on one side of a lake and start again on the other side. If you don't know the exact address split you can end up with extra miles up the wazoo.

Getting serious here!

Pulling out all stops!

BUG Sharpton is playing the the equivalent of the race card.
I wouldnt say that. A lot of members like to bitch but never do anything except that. He's just asking a question about how involved this certain member is.

Just let me there is double standards for management hoak there are also members who do absolutely nothing for theirselves and expect everyone else to do the grunt work.

In know way am I saying Wally fits into this description.

oldngray

nowhere special
Around here we have a lot of roads that come to a dead end on one side of a lake and start again on the other side. If you don't know the exact address split you can end up with extra miles up the wazoo.

ORION would probably use GPS and tell you to drive through the lake.

Overpaid Union Thug

Let's forget about the OT for a minute. From what I hear on here it doesn't save miles either.

I think that spread sheet came from every days projected miles not real world miles.
Even on routes that ORION shaves miles the OT more than erases the cost savings.

Like driving into a river?
What are some examples of dangerous situations that arise from following an ORION trace?

Having to clime over, under, and through boxes to find that one for a stop that ORION wanted us to find in the middle of the 8000 section and then walk across four lanes of traffic to deliver. Having to cross busy streets over and over to save 1/4 mile instead of safely driving up one side and down another while making right hand turns. Having to back in driveways all day AND at night.

Even on routes that ORION shaves miles the OT more than erases the cost savings.

Having to clime over, under, and through boxes to find that one for a stop that ORION wanted us to find in the middle of the 8000 section and then walk across four lanes of traffic to deliver. Having to cross busy streets over and over to save 1/4 mile instead of safely driving up one side and down another while making right hand turns. Having to back in driveways all day AND at night.
That's logistics.
image.jpg
image.jpg

upschuck

No back when I was trained. The Orion guy admitted what the technologies purpose was. He said to decrease miles, add stops and eliminate routes.
Purposes of things, and what they turn out to be, are two totally separate things.
My center has had four routes eliminated.
I'm sure it is a nationwide standard, and not localized. Besides, it is hard to say jobs lost when UPS has been continually hiring drivers in most parts of the country.