Technology Rumor

EmerCond421

Haven't heard many tales about drivers takin a dump in a dr bag? I've heard plenty of funny ones.

I am very ashamed to be a part of this not so exclusive club But out in the country it happens once in a blue moon:sick:

If you dump in a grit bucket, (for winter driving for those who don't know) it acts like cat litter and absorbs it.

Thanks but your a little late now its already done.:funny:

too much info :peaceful:

CharleyHustle

If you want your people to cooperate and work with you...you dont accomplish that by putting cameras in the package cars.

Fix the preload. Fix the ongoing problems with PAS/EDD. Fix the flawed and ridiculous time studies. Fix the overcrowded facilities, inadequate equipment and obsolete package cars. Dont pretend that these problems will magically disappear by installing a camera in the truck.

These suggestions would require actual work by management, instead of just pressing the print button for a report that clearly shows the hourly is at fault.

pretzel_man

42 posts and many complaints about something UPS is NOT going to do.

A few years ago, UPS outfitted a car or two with a camera. It was with the permission of the driver and the understanding that there would be no discipline based on whatever was seen.

Corporate wanted to see where time was truly lost in a drivers' day. They did it for a while, compiled some information and took them out. No plans are in place to put cameras in.

By the way, UPS has been asked many times to put cameras on the outside of our cars by companies like Google.

P-Man

caponi

its not a camera on the driver but a camera in the DIAD,,,,,,,DIAD five built by Honeywell tested in 2010 across the board in 2011

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

its not a camera on the driver but a camera in the DIAD,,,,,,,DIAD five built by Honeywell tested in 2010 across the board in 2011

Do yourself (and us) a favor and read the whole thread before posting so that your post will not be so out of context. This thread is talking about cameras in the cab of the PC.

caponi

Actually upstateNYupser I am going to withdraw my post "MY BAD" after giving this more consideration and reading the original post I think I hit the nail on the head. First of all this is titled Rumor which is not fact but here say. We are getting new DIADS by 2011 and supposedly they are equipped with cameras. I dont know about you upstate Ny UPSER but I keep my diad in the cab when Im delivering that would put a camera in every drivers cab what the camera is looking at or where the camera is located on the new diad is another story....thats where the rumors start. its suppose to take a real time pic of the deliver to cut down on claims but then again that camera will be in the cab as well I rest my case and you owe me an apology upstater!!!! Caponi <-------------- UPSer for 23 years

pretzel_man

Actually upstateNYupser I am going to withdraw my post "MY BAD" after giving this more consideration and reading the original post I think I hit the nail on the head. First of all this is titled Rumor which is not fact but here say. We are getting new DIADS by 2011 and supposedly they are equipped with cameras. I dont know about you upstate Ny UPSER but I keep my diad in the cab when Im delivering that would put a camera in every drivers cab what the camera is looking at or where the camera is located on the new diad is another story....thats where the rumors start. its suppose to take a real time pic of the deliver to cut down on claims but then again that camera will be in the cab as well I rest my case and you owe me an apology upstater!!!! Caponi <-------------- UPSer for 23 years

The camera in the DIAD is not going to be enabled. Its just like a camera in a cell phone. If you removed the software for your cell phone camera, the hardware is useless.

P-Man

i_m_mann

the cameras will not be installed only to watch you but to perform outsourced observations from god knows where which in turn will eliminate many hundreds of supervisors jobs normally this would make me extremely happy but it only means we will have to put up with people hundreds if not thousands of miles away get used to being on camera and start practicing your methods

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First of all, Caponi, when you put the DIAD in the holder, the DIAD will hibernate after about 5 seconds, so your theory of the camera on the DIAD, which will not even be enabled, being used to record the driver is, to put it politely, not well thought out. Also, the size and design of DIAD V will require new DIAD holders, which will most likely be vertical, not horizontal, so the angle of the camera could not possibly focus on the driver.

Second of all, my initial reply to you was harmless--I simply advised you to read the whole thread so as not to look like a fool when replying. I think you should have taken this advice in the tone that it was given.

Third, you claim to be a 23 yr UPSer. As such, you should know that the only thing that I "owe" is a fair day's work for a fair day's pay. As far as an apology...

pretzel_man

the camera is not going to be enabled????? who told you this? and if so or not! wouldnt this start the "technology rumor"

For your first question, I was told by friends in corporate who are very close to the DIAD V. Just like your cell phone, the DIAD V will have a camera, but no software to enable it will be installed.

For your second question, I don't know what started the rumor, but I don't believe it was the DIAD V. The original post said that cameras were already installed. The first DIAD V has not even been built yet.

As upstate said, the logic that the DIAD V is a camera to watch drivers is at best flawed. How would a cell phone be used to watch someone all day. Its the same principle, and makes no sense.

We are now up to over over 50 posts with complaints on something that doesn't exist and is not in the works.

Time to drop this?

P-Man

705red

Browncafe Steward
Do yourself (and us) a favor and read the whole thread before posting so that your post will not be so out of context. This thread is talking about cameras in the cab of the PC.
This from the man whos 1 post away from 8,000 in a little over 2 years. Are you going to say that all 7,999 of your posts have been in context?

Its a technology rumor thread, and not everyone that comes here spends the time to read every thread.

You should be a little nicer to rookie posters!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I thought the advice that I gave him was polite. His reaction to that advice is what prompted my reply.

I did find it funny that he thought that cameras were being put on the DIAD V to record the driver.