Tentative Agreement Announcement Date

When will a tentative agreement between the union and the company be announced?

• Total voters

ManInBrown

On a side note the biggest lames are the guys who jumped on disability last week or in the last few weeks. Scared of the loss of paycheck and don’t want to picket. I have no respect for anyone that does that. We had two do it last week. If you are on disability you still get paid. Total pusillanimous probably getting screamed at by their wives that they can’t afford the loss of income.

Thebrownblob

On a side note the biggest lames are the guys who jumped on disability last week or in the last few weeks. Scared of the loss of paycheck and don’t want to picket. I have no respect for anyone that does that. We had two do it last week. If you are on disability you still get paid. Total pusillanimous probably getting screamed at by their wives that they can’t afford the loss of income.
Damn, that never even crossed my mind.

PT Car Washer

That's a bit harsh.

ManInBrown

I give it 2 weeks MAX. You can stand on your head for 2 weeks. Anyone who can't coast by for 2 weeks financially is beyond help anyway.
Anything more than two weeks and we will not be returning to the same company. I said before if we strike and you have less than five years company time you should be worried. If its more than two weeks, everyone should be worried. Don’t care how long you’ve been here. We won’t be returning to the same company.

ManInBrown

I’ll probably get laughed at for my naivety, but isn’t that fraud and a pretty serious offense?
Not workers comp, disability. Two different things. Disability out of work injury. Comp work injury. Anyone who has never been on either has no idea how is it easy to go on disability. You go to your personal dr and say you hurt your back at home. If you have any type of relationship with them they won’t even think twice. Week or two off. Not saying it makes it ok to do, but many do it.

Undertow

I heard Tuesday. Not sure why they wouldn’t go Monday but that’s what I heard.
A guess would be none of the union bargaining members can afford to fly private thus are at the mercy of Southwest (AKA Southworst), United, etc. ?

I think the talks might be in Washington DC so that would be about as far away as it gets for union reps on the West Coast.

Undertow

Not workers comp, disability. Two different things. Disability out of work injury. Comp work injury. Anyone who has never been on either has no idea how is it easy to go on disability. You go to your personal dr and say you hurt your back at home. If you have any type of relationship with them they won’t even think twice. Week or two off. Not saying it makes it ok to do, but many do it.
True and disability, at least where I am, means less money and no credit toward pension accrual while out. That really can add up to a difference.

HarryWarden

Oh ok, thank you.

I’ve been on disability before for breaking my arm outside of work and I was still paid which was a relief, but I would have thought UPS still wouldn’t take kindly to having people being out of work and being paid when not necessary.

I didn’t realize it was so easy to abuse and that people do it so often, again pretty naive of me. I had another incidence of a mild fracture and the doctor offered to write me a note to get out of work, but I declined as I was still able to do my job and didn’t think it was necessary and didn’t want to go through the trouble, maybe I should have taken it lol

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I don’t see this being a 1 or 2 week strike like a lot of people do though, that situation makes the least sense to me looking through UPS’s eyes. I think it will either be a 1 or 2 day strike or a very long term strike
I like what you did there, really widened the playing field.