Tentative Agreement is now Available

M

MenInBrown

In order for me to dislike the information you have given. You would have to give me information. Instead you read all my posts and reply to all of them except the one where I asked you a question. If you actually pay attention I only have 1 question about 1 sentence in the T/A. You saw I "friend bombed you" but you still managed to not see my 1 question. How is that possible? Is it because you don't know sht?

He doesn’t know anything. That was apparent when the contract was released and revealed nothing he said was true.

Joman

One of the key points that this contract was supposed to address: "excessive OT". This TA fails to address this issue and is actually using the 22.4 proposal as a scapegoat in my opinion. IMO the excessive OT complaint from us drivers is when on a daily basis dispatch is forced to cut on an average 1 route for every 4 routes. This adds to a bid route approximately 30 to 40 stops. That's why we're seeing the famous "splits". Some routes have up to 60 stops added. This is an average of at least 2 hours of work added daily to your day on top of your 9 to 10 hour day hence "excessive OT". Yet on a daily basis "extras" get sent home. I don't see how the company is saving $ by this managing strategy. All it does is bring moral down and us being tired all the time. Do these negotiators understand this? By this TA it is clear they don't understand. The problem will continue, in fact it may get worse for all of us. A clear "NO" vote from me. This TA is all about how can the company can make the cake and eat it as well.
1. The Teamsters negotiators need to force the company to put routes on road. How? Maybe the max daily dispatch should be 9.5 hours contractually. +/- 0.5 should be ok.
2. Hybrids? Divide and conquer strategy?
Sorry for the long post but it's clear the union reps are working against us or maybe they don't understand our work environment.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
One of the key points that this contract was supposed to address: "excessive OT".

It did.

Now you don't have to be violated, to sign the 9.5 list.

The Teamsters negotiators need to force the company to put routes on road.

The Teamsters can't tell the company how to run their business.

How? Maybe the max daily dispatch should be 9.5 hours contractually. +/- 0.5 should be ok.

Dispatch
numbers are theoretical, and made up by the company.

If they were accurate.... you wouldn't have drivers running 1.5 to 2.0 hrs over allowed.

-Bug-

Tony Q

In order for me to dislike the information you have given. You would have to give me information. Instead you read all my posts and reply to all of them except the one where I asked you a question. If you actually pay attention I only have 1 question about 1 sentence in the T/A. You saw I "friend bombed you" but you still managed to not see my 1 question. How is that possible? Is it because you don't know sht?
Ask it again. I'm not following you.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I understand what you are saying, and I was on that contract negotiating team, so I did have a part in making a second tier, but it was al Ron Carey.
1E3F1CF6-23D9-4CC0-BEB6-65A3BDB08C4D.gif
@Turdferguson ...

Tony Q

Wrong dude. If they don't remove the fine print of "as long as work is available" then we won't even be seeing 40 hours a week. Unless your top 20% seniority in your center.
Everyone is guaranteed 40 hours a week. If work is not available you have the option of bumping Into 1 or 2 part time shifts.

Tony Q

“as long as work is available”

Are 40 hour work weeks for RPCDs guaranteed?

If not, why?
Yes they are. They were not always in the last contracts, but now they are. Now if you are at the bottom of the seniority list and there is no work you will have to bump into the building. Depending on your supplement you would be guaranteed 3.5 hours to 4 hours a shift. As far as I know all the supplements will bring the guarantee up to 4 hours a shift and you will finally be able to guarantee all 40 hours.

DR7

Yes they are. They were not always in the last contracts, but now they are. Now if you are at the bottom of the seniority list and there is no work you will have to bump into the building. Depending on your supplement you would be guaranteed 3.5 hours to 4 hours a shift. As far as I know all the supplements will bring the guarantee up to 4 hours a shift and you will finally be able to guarantee all 40 hours.
Will you have to have “no work available” for a full week before you can bump inside shifts or is it on a daily basis? Here you can’t bump inside until you have been laid off for a full week.

Tony Q

How is a driver supposed to bump into 8 hours worth of inside work after getting laid off Monday morning and still be available to drive Tuesday morning?
If you aren't guaranteed to work for the week I would bump into the building and get my 40 this way. By doing this you will be unavailable at their beckon call. They will learn. If they do not let you d this I would grieve it.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
If you aren't guaranteed to work for the week I would bump into the building and get my 40 this way. By doing this you will be unavailable at their beckon call. They will learn. If they do not let you d this I would grieve it.

So there’s no recourse for a one day a week Monday morning layoff? That is NOT a 40 hour guarantee!!!!

Tony Q

Will you have to have “no work available” for a full week before you can bump inside shifts or is it on a daily basis? Here you can’t bump inside until you have been laid off for a full week.
It will depend on some peoples supplemental and rider language. I will not comment on specific supplements because they are not out as of yet.