Terminated ..

dudebro

people should be doing whatever they can to make life hard for UPS until they or we change their ways, including what you just said. capitalism is uncivilized.

michael moore went right into the head offices with a worker who got fired for no good reason, ill pull it up for you since you think rocking the boat is such a bad idea.

now youll have to excuse me, i have to rent my labor / pretend to work for 8 hours or less if im lucky

1) It's ancient history. We weren't even a public company when that was made. The UPS head of PR in the video doesn't even work at UPS anymore - he works for a social justice PR firm [thehatchergroup.com]. Kind of an strange job for a heartless corporatist.

2) Michael Moore didn't go anywhere. He sent Sal Piro. I'm guessing you didn't watch that video, you just linked it.

3) R**** buddy* was reinstated 2 days later with full back pay. I don't think that happens in two days if it wasn't already gonna happen.

rickyb

I've never heard of someone getting fired from UPS for "no good reason." We have a guy who tried to pick up a letterbox full of NDA and internationals after the building locked up, and he's still employed. No one gets fired for no reason.
please. these boards are flooded with guys getting fired for no good reason.

UPSGUY72

please. these boards are flooded with guys getting fired for no good reason.

IF your got fired from UPS permanently your were either trying to get fired or just an idiot. The Union will keep bailing you out but at some point the pail to bail you out doesn't work anymore. In other words being in the union doesn't mean you can keep acting and idiot and expect to keep getting you job back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

IF your got fired from UPS permanently your were either trying to get fired or just an idiot. The Union will keep bailing you out but at some point the pail to bail you out doesn't work anymore. In other words being in the union doesn't mean you can keep acting and idiot and expect to keep getting you job back.

The Union has a "bail pail"? I wonder if that can be used when a member is in "jail".

Faceplanted

I have personally seen drivers get fired for no good reason

They ultimately got their job backs and settled without being rewarded back pay as the panel would have been a long way away

I have personally seen drivers get screwed out of as much as 15-20k for no good reason. It happens all the time, especially to those who file.

A rainy day fund of 5-10k can dry up real quick when you have bills and a family, and you might be Forced to accepted a "time served" suspension just to get back at work and make money.

You guys saying it can't happen are blind, you might not be out for good, but loosing 10k+ of your yearly salary for settling for "time served" screws drivers and familys

underworked1

Yes I agree ..he really upset over it ..Im :censored2: he my friend he works his ass off..to have thus happen is scary ...gonna find out how the union works now. I guess.
Union doesn't work well unless you are vested. Been here 10 years? Good to go. 3 years, the union will not back you.
Edit: I have heard through a person in the union ranks (take it for what you will) they have to trade off on some people. Union has 6 guys fired they negotiate they will give up 2 guys if 4 stay. Guess who gets thrown to the wolves. Non vested young guys or the constant thorn...ie the constant filer or :censored2: worker. This is why you see some guys massively :censored2: up and get their job back and some guys you are like holy :censored2: I can't believe he didn't get his job back. Politics

Last edited:

dudebro

i did and i got fired because its hard times for UPS and they couldnt bother to call me before i showed up for work to let me know whether there was gonna be work or not.

the fact is americans complain about their jobs on one hand but cant put 2 and 2 together and instead defend capitalism quite often.
And some Americans don't have jobs because they can't put 2 and 2 together at all. I was on the training team in the hub / preload for a while.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
people should be doing whatever they can to make life hard for UPS until they or we change their ways, including what you just said. capitalism is uncivilized.

michael moore went right into the head offices with a worker who got fired for no good reason, ill pull it up for you since you think rocking the boat is such a bad idea.

now youll have to excuse me, i have to rent my labor / pretend to work for 8 hours or less if im lucky
If you look hard in that video you will see monkey butt walk past....and the guy who needs a drink of water... Really???

dudebro

T
there was some news stories recently about job satisfaction and how low it is.
That's odd, whenever I have a few beers with people I worked in the operation with, we tell stories and laugh for hours.

They probably won't put that in a newspaper though because who would read it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
..my coworker was terminated last week. ..for not showing up... .
goodfellas-laughing.gif

rickyb

You waste your time posting on a board for employees of a company you were fired from years ago...I'm guessing your life satisfaction isn't exactly high either...lol
well i dont have my dream camp job which i almost got last winter. but im saying the reason people dont like their jobs can be mostly attributed to the system capitalism.

rickyb

T

That's odd, whenever I have a few beers with people I worked in the operation with, we tell stories and laugh for hours.

They probably won't put that in a newspaper though because who would read it.
i would think the papers which are owned by extremely rich capitalists wouldnt be able to critique the system too much since they are the primary beneficiaries.