Termination for attendance “On Topic”

CitizenTruth

so i served a 5 day suspension for attendance on November 2017 and in my hub its 7 occassions in 9 months. so i cleared all my occassions below 7 and used my sick days on March and now they are trying to terminate me and i have grieved it, still no meeting till this day. so two shop stewards have told me they restart the discipline when you get under 7 occasions and the one i use is telling me its not true. can anyone tell me if this termination will go through?
7 in 9 months is hardly excessive, how many times do they ask guys to stay home for scheduled off?

barnyard

KTM rider
The OP should continue doing things the same way. File a grieve when you get fired. It will be fine, the company will come crawling back and beg you to work when you feel like it.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Totally disagree, work to live not live to work, which you prove my point it's all interpretation, contract says you get paid sick days not how many your allowed or not allowed to take
I will admit I don’t fully understand all this “instances” business. I actually come to work on time. I don’t call out when I don’t have days.

Box Ox

so i served a 5 day suspension for attendance on November 2017 and in my hub its 7 occassions in 9 months. so i cleared all my occassions below 7 and used my sick days on March and now they are trying to terminate me and i have grieved it, still no meeting till this day. so two shop stewards have told me they restart the discipline when you get under 7 occasions and the one i use is telling me its not true. can anyone tell me if this termination will go through?

Yo dawg! There should be a higher chance of getting drop-kicked in the nuts at PCM than managing to get suspended for not showing up to work!

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Occurances should be on a rolling 9 month basis. However, not sure how that works when you get suspended. Disciplinary action is also on rolling 9 months. So your occurances that are over 9 months old will drop off, but the suspension for those occurances will also take nine months to drop off. I'm just spit balling because I don't know the real answer, but it seems like you shouldn't progress in discipline unless you go over the 7 occurances in 9 months again. For instance, let's say 4 of your occurances have dropped off since November, you would have to have 4 more occurances to go over 7 and progress in discipline. Also, if you call off sick 2 or more days in a row, that is supposed to count as one occurance. I would appreciate if anyone could correct anything I got wrong.