Termination inquiry

rickyb

I vote on a contract and take their money.
It lets me own my house.
actually theyre mostly taking your money and leaving you a small PIECE.

you know i was listening to some speaker on finding your dream job, and he said "80% of people dont like their jobs".

and then on top of that my fav economist says he always asks his class at the beginning of every year: what do they hope for themselves economically 5 years from now, and overwhelmingly the answer is "be my own boss...."

actually theyre mostly taking your money and leaving you a small PIECE.

you know i was listening to some speaker on finding your dream job, and he said "80% of people dont like their jobs".

and then on top of that my fav economist says he always asks his class at the beginning of every year: what do they hope for themselves economically 5 years from now, and overwhelmingly the answer is "be my own boss...."
It's a larger piece than many others.

How many people in Canada make 90-100k doing manual labor?

rickyb

It's a larger piece than many others.

How many people in Canada make 90-100k doing manual labor?
the UPS wage here was $28 something per hour roughly after 2.5 years service. that doesnt equal 90 to 100k unless you have no life and work all the time. and its not an excuse for unjust work conditions a result of capitalism.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Ah yes I'm sure this brings happiness to many on this site who've trolled and mocked me over the years
I am finished with UPS. After a month of having a different SUP every week, this joint custody issue between unload, load, sort split is over.
Since all the empty head narcissist and nihilistic Union reps are disinterested and managment only scamper like rats to make their numbers I had to say farewell.
The termination of 3 hr work days and getting up at 2am couldn't be more welcomed.
Employees are still working hours before start time and only change when auditors are present in the building.
Alright so enough talk, I'm ready to walk...
My question is
With 52 hrs of sick and option days and 20 hours of vacation left (as noted in my paycheck)
Will any of that money ever be cut out to me?
I know the slime ball nature of managment and the pay lady obligated them not to help me at all
However if there is a way through the Union to reclaim those hours before I'm swept under the proverbial rug, I'd like to hear from someone who has info.
Bring on the anecdotes and horror stories.
As of now, I am awaiting the official termination document.
What evil little schemes will managment try to pull to see that nothing is done to settle this.
Five years at UPS has taught me the grimy unhelpful and bland indifference of its employees, should I expect them to put up a fight or just brush me off like a loose hair on that feecsee colored uniform?
you attract what you fear.
prepare for the worse!!!!!!!

i think its bigger than that. but yea banker welfare is out of control, corporate welfare is skyhigh and yes a ton of jobs are outsourced.
The system is messed up. Too many government jobs. We pay farmers not to grow food but we give people who don't work money to buy food.

And the working poor can't afford to eat or fund a 401k

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Ah yes I'm sure this brings happiness to many on this site who've trolled and mocked me over the years
I am finished with UPS. After a month of having a different SUP every week, this joint custody issue between unload, load, sort split is over.
Since all the empty head narcissist and nihilistic Union reps are disinterested and managment only scamper like rats to make their numbers I had to say farewell.
The termination of 3 hr work days and getting up at 2am couldn't be more welcomed.
Employees are still working hours before start time and only change when auditors are present in the building.
My question is
With 52 hrs of sick and option days and 20 hours of vacation left (as noted in my paycheck)
I know the slime ball nature of managment and the pay lady obligated them not to help me at all
However if there is a way through the Union to reclaim those hours before I'm swept under the proverbial rug, I'd like to hear from someone who has info.
What evil little schemes will managment try to pull to see that nothing is done to settle this.
Five years at UPS has taught me the grimy unhelpful and bland indifference of its employees, should I expect them to put up a fight or just brush me off like a loose hair on that feecsee colored uniform?

3o72F4I8Vzc3NPRLO0.gif

Look, another ex-employee who'll have to pay for health insurance now.

guyinthebrownbox

My question is

It's not that it brings happiness to people on here. But you post it as means to justify your actions. You are a free person. If you don't like at UPS, by all means look after your well being and seek better employment. I've had my fair share of crappy jobs.

But if you are interested in staying, and are dissatisfied with your stewards and local, get involved and do something about it. Yes it's extra work but it's the only way to get those crappy people out of there. Weak stewards and BAs only make the union weaker as a whole. A non constructive post on here doesn't help. Those employees who work off the clock are only shooting themselves in the foot and making the problem worse.

Unfortunately not all buildings are the same. Our local is pretty good and most stewards in our building will definitely go to bat for the members

Good luck in your future endeavors

guyinthebrownbox

Also, please don't lump us all into the same category. There are quite a lot of people on here and UPS as a whole that genuinely care about the well being of their fellow union members.