Terrorists

Poop Head

Judge me.
Antifa bingo?
mail (1).png

rickyb

In perhaps the most startling finding, nearly half (44%) of respondents in the 53 countries surveyed are concerned that the US threatens democracy in their country; fear of Chinese influence is by contrast 38%, and fear of Russian influence is lowest at 28%. The findings may in part reflect views on US comparative power, but they show neither the US, nor the G7, can simply assume the mantle of defenders of democracy.

Read more

Since last year, the perception of US influence as a threat to democracy around the world has increased significantly, from a net opinion of +6 to a net opinion of +14. This increase is particularly high in Germany (+20) and China (+16).

The countries still overwhelmingly negative about US influence are Russia and China, followed by European democracies.

The study shows an attachment to democracy globally, with 81% of people around the world saying that it is important to have democracy in their country. Only a little more than half (53%) say their country is actually democratic today – even in democracies.

The single biggest cited threat to democracy is economic inequality (64%).

In almost every country surveyed save Saudi Arabia and Egypt limits to free speech are seen as less of a threat to democracy than inequality.

rickyb

the real criminals

1620665672230.png

Steven Donziger

@SDonziger

·
4h

As I head into my Chevron-orchestrated "trial" today after 643 days of house arrest, please never forget what this case is really about. Chevron caused a mass industrial poisoning of the Amazon. 6 courts and 29 judges found it guilty.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
the real criminals

View attachment 337041

Steven Donziger
@SDonziger

·
4h

As I head into my Chevron-orchestrated "trial" today after 643 days of house arrest, please never forget what this case is really about. Chevron caused a mass industrial poisoning of the Amazon. 6 courts and 29 judges found it guilty.

Impossible. We don't need environmental laws and regulations. Corporations will always do what is right.

rickyb

a bc member mistook robbery for terrorism.

this is terrorism:

Dan Price

@DanPriceSeattle

Someone broke into my house, removed all the knives and displayed them facing outward in a ritualistic, threatening manner while I was out. Sadly I've gotten multiple death threats over the years. When I raised employee wages 6 years ago I never imagined this reaction.

10:39 AM · May 17, 2021·Twitter Web App

Retweets

Quote Tweets

Dan Price

@DanPriceSeattle

·
May 17

Replying to
@DanPriceSeattle
I'm OK, my dog Samantha is OK. This happened Wednesday night while I was out for dinner, just before my birthday. Best I can tell, nothing was taken. I filed a report with Seattle PD. I've had death threats sent to my home before but nothing quite as drastic as this.

Dan Price

@DanPriceSeattle

·
May 17

I decided to share this because I think it's important to provide information on what people go through when they stand up to powerful people. And I'm a nobody - so you can only imagine what real crusaders for change are going through.