The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Box Ox

I REALLY think that Trump will lose the nomination to Desantis,take his ball and form his own MAGA party. He aint going away easy,and I dont think he has the support he thinks he has,

I still think COVID carried off alot of the MAGA anti vaxxers and thats a very big reason that there was no Red Wave

I don't think Trump is going anywhere. Cutting the rope on him would be like cutting off a limb for a lot of Republicans. I can't see many of them still saying no to him even just a few months from now after the immediate pain of the midterm election results has passed.

I'm going with young single women who are smart enough to not answer their phones when pollsters call as the big reason there was no Red Wave. Everyone wayyyyyyyy underestimated how much the overturning of the national right to choose to kill your baby really amped them up to get out to the polls and vote Democrat.

vantexan

It might be time for Democrats and independents who are annoyed that Trump will inevitably be the Republican Presidential candidate again to actively encourage a Trump candidacy now in order to forestall such a prolonged conflict in the Republican Party. Let's get this over with!

Trump 2024! MAGAAAAAAAAAAA. The 2020 election was RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGEDDDD!!!111

Booooooo DeSantis!

Sort of. It's gonna be Trump on the other side for 2024. Nowhere to run to.
Nothing will stop you from registering and voting against Trump in the primary.😁

Box Ox

Nothing will stop you from registering and voting against Trump in the primary.😁

If Trump's running I'd probably prefer to just vote for a moderate Democrat who would also never be chosen as the party's Presidential candidate. As you know, it was Tulsi for me last time. :)

vantexan

If Trump's running I'd probably prefer to just vote for a moderate Democrat who would also never be chosen as the party's Presidential candidate. As you know, it was Tulsi for me last time. :)
Just curious, would her being a practicing Hindu affect your vote? She has her head on straight about a lot of things, but that and support for abortion would keep me away.

Box Ox

Just curious, would her being a practicing Hindu affect your vote?

Not at all. Someone being religious doesn't bother me a bit as long as they're still using their head to make solid decisions for which they can show their work.

She has her head on straight about a lot of things, but that and support for abortion would keep me away.

Support for abortion in itself isn't a dealbreaker for me because I understand that there's sometimes a legitimate need for it. Where it gets into really evil territory in mind is when it happens after the first trimester. I'm pretty much right in line with most of Europe on it. Which shows how far left and gross the late term stuff is here in the states.

newfie

I’ll be listening for more on Maryland’s new governor-elect Wes Moore. Had never heard anything about him until he was interviewed on Morning Joe this morning. Former captain in the 82nd Airborne, smart and articulate.

Anybody care to educate me on any negative things I might not have heard about him yet?

heard some dispute about things in his background that he was questioned about on the sunday morning news shows.

this guy is your 2028 presidential candidate. He has built a nice resume.

some day someone has to tell me why people like him write memoirs before they have accomplished anything.

newfie

It might be time for Democrats and independents who are annoyed that Trump will inevitably be the Republican Presidential candidate again to actively encourage a Trump candidacy now in order to forestall such a prolonged conflict in the Republican Party. Let's get this over with!

Trump 2024! MAGAAAAAAAAAAA. The 2020 election was RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGEDDDD!!!111

Booooooo DeSantis!

Sort of. It's gonna be Trump on the other side for 2024. Nowhere to run to.
desantis As VP setting us up for 12 years of sanity.

Box Ox

heard some dispute about things in his background that he was questioned about on the sunday morning news shows.

Like what?

this guy is your 2028 presidential candidate.

He is? I didn't even know that he existed prior to last Thursday morning.

He has built a nice resume.
some day someone has to tell me why people like him write memoirs before they have accomplished anything.

Wait....do you think he's accomplished anything or not?

newfie

I'm going with young single women who are smart enough to not answer their phones when pollsters call as the big reason there was no Red Wave. Everyone wayyyyyyyy underestimated how much the overturning of the national right to choose to kill your baby really amped them up to get out to the polls and vote Democrat.
Last i saw republican house candidates received 6 million more votes than in the prior elections but they were clearly concentrated more in some of the candidates and not in many others which shows us in a lot of tight races.

white suburban women flipped to the republican side after voting dem the last two elections. it appears abortion was not as important to them..

and before you call this a complete failure for the republicans their vote totals show a demographic switch for many groups.
younger black males for instance had a 22 percent switch to the republicans . Hispanics also made a significant move to the republican side.

the true answer may be that the democrats have learned how to use the Trump model. Trump won the 2016 election by winning 5 key states.
the dems may have been effective by concentrating most of their energy in key election races.

The republicans have lost a total of one seat in the senate with one to be decided.
they lead in 9 of the remaining house seats and will probably take the house unless there is a 3 am vote boost.

the dems will be in a much less advantageous position in 2024 when they have to defend a lot more senate seats.

I don't read tea leaves after an election. This country is way too diverse to say that any one reason is the one reason one side did better or worse.

newfie

Wait....do you think he's accomplished anything or not?
does not matter he's following the Obama / clinton model with military thrown in.
I heard his campaign rhetoric . its not polished yet . Lot of standard political jargon but unless he Gary Harts his future he ....

will be your black college educated , rhodes scholar, combat veteran, community service , experienced ex governor candidate in 2028.

rod

Retired 22 years
Both parties need to be destroyed. Neither one of them has accomplished anything constructive for years.

floridays

Was that sarcasm? You asked a question I answered it.
I thought your response to me was sarcasm, reinforcing my point.

Since it was not, exactly how will no one be left behind?
I heard him say no one left behind. I understand how that works in a military conflict.
I'm not so sure how it works in daily life USA.

I remember Bush Jr.'s "No child left behind" pertaining to their education.
How did that work out?

newfie

I thought your response to me was sarcasm, reinforcing my point.

Since it was not, exactly how will no one be left behind?
I heard him say no one left behind. I understand how that works in a military conflict.
I'm not so sure how it works in daily life USA.

I remember Bush Jr.'s "No child left behind" pertaining to their education.
How did that work out?
i live in maryland. I thought Wes ran a very generic campaign without much originality. His no one left behind campaign promise was very basic.