The Big Lie

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
New supe at pcm.. Im here to fix things,,we all have an 8 hr day today,any problems,call the center & we will get you some help!!

JustTired

free at last.......
WELL HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A BROWN TRUCK SIT IN THE BUILDING ALL DAY?????????

Not exactly......
But how about this:
Driver has day off. Someone screwed up and didn't get his area covered. Driver next to his area moves car out of building so he can get out. When p.m. sort comes in, they find the car out in the lot still full. OOOOPPPPPSSS!!!!

upandcomer

I would like to point out that almost non of these meet the first post criteria.

A big corporate lie would not come from a Supervisor, Center Manager, Division Manager, or District Manager.

The two that I saw so far in this thread are false:

UPS doesn't care about saving fuel. Obviously they do because it is one of the largest variable costs the company has. Reducing cost means increased profit. The cost to maintain a vehicle is not only fuel, but maintenance and life span. UPS cares very much about fuel costs.

UPS doesn't care about safety. This is beyond wrong again. Of course they care about safety. UPS has crunched the numbers to realize that it is a lot cheaper to teach and invest in safety then it is to have 5-10% of your workforce on long-term disability. Now individual centers may lack in how they execute corporates safety plan, but that doesn't mean corporately that UPS doesn't care about safety. Again paying disability hurts the bottom line, and we care about profit.

Highwayman

If UPS cared so much about fuel mileage why does every shifter in every hub I have been in never shut off the engine? The big white road trucks don't even shut off the engine at the phones. Day CPU drivers are not on IVIS so they can idle all they want. I am on IVIS and was told "keep the idle time below 20 minutes". It's just a number to show false economy.:knockedout:
Oh the big lie,"Don't worry when we get those over 70's there will only be a few."

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I would like to point out that almost non of these meet the first post criteria.

A big corporate lie would not come from a Supervisor, Center Manager, Division Manager, or District Manager.

UPS doesn't care about saving fuel. Obviously they do because it is one of the largest variable costs the company has. Reducing cost means increased profit. The cost to maintain a vehicle is not only fuel, but maintenance and life span. UPS cares very much about fuel costs.

UPS doesn't care about safety. This is beyond wrong again. Of course they care about safety. UPS has crunched the numbers to realize that it is a lot cheaper to teach and invest in safety then it is to have 5-10% of your workforce on long-term disability. Now individual centers may lack in how they execute corporates safety plan, but that doesn't mean corporately that UPS doesn't care about safety. Again paying disability hurts the bottom line, and we care about profit.

A pure bred brown blood.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!

UPS doesn't care about safety. This is beyond wrong again. Of course they care about safety. UPS has crunched the numbers to realize that it is a lot cheaper to teach and invest in safety then it is to have 5-10% of your workforce on long-term disability. Now individual centers may lack in how they execute corporates safety plan, but that doesn't mean corporately that UPS doesn't care about safety. Again paying disability hurts the bottom line, and WE CARE ABOUT PROFIT.

Well.......... at least 4 words of your response were on target.

I could go on a rant here on things that happen on a day to day basis at centers throughout the country that are not safe. UPS cares about safety as it applies to the bottom line profit. While I agree that they do not want workers getting hurt or drawing long term disability, they also are not willing to spend the money to make the work place as safe as it could be. They also want to make the appearance in the corporate world that they are all about safety.

Looking at your past posts I noticed you were hired on to UPS two years ago in an office job. Is that still your current position? If you were to ever come into center operations as a driver/hourly or even in management, I believe you would have a different point of view. After twenty five years on a package car, I can assure you that my POV and several others on here are spot on.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I love how facts always muddle the conversation.

YOU BRING FACTS, YOU PURE BRED BROWN BLOOD!!!!

Try harder!

If so many perceive the company's commitment to safety to be a lie, do you really think it is because the company is just not trying hard enough to convey a safe image?

Or could it be the company is just not trying hard enough to make the job actually safe?

The answer is simple. Yes, the company does teach and promote safe work methods. The problem is we are not given the amount of time needed to implement these methods and maintain production standards.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
The answer is simple. Yes, the company does teach and promote safe work methods. The problem is we are not given the amount of time needed to implement these methods and maintain production standards.

Hit the nail on the head........

I actually applaud UPS for the safety training they implement.

bluehdmc

Yes, the company does teach and promote safe work methods. The problem is we are not given the amount of time needed to implement these methods and maintain production standards.

Safe work methods is one dept, productions standards are another dept. They both have seperate budgets and goals and never communicate with each other. Sorta like the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. :laughing:

D

Dis-organized Labor

"our people are our most valuable asset".

Maybe we were a long time ago

Bad Andy

this is the funniest stuff ever. as a sup i lie to my people all the time. not because i want to. its just the way the upper mgt wants it and i get tired of gettin my butt chewed. my trust and confidence in ups is gone. they lie to me, as much as i have to lie to other people... it makes me ill...i sit through meetings and have to hold back th vomit it makes me so sick..I look forward to the day i no longer wor for ups the only thing they care about is $$$$...If you think its about any thing else your misinformed...tee hee..

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Shifters !!!! thats right,we don't shut them of at all during the winter because the heat is so damb bad.Please don't tell us to dress warmer because your :censored2: probaly never sat in one during a 12 hr 5 degree night.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

this is the funniest stuff ever. as a sup i lie to my people all the time. not because i want to. its just the way the upper mgt wants it and i get tired of gettin my butt chewed. my trust and confidence in ups is gone. they lie to me, as much as i have to lie to other people... it makes me ill...i sit through meetings and have to hold back th vomit it makes me so sick..I look forward to the day i no longer wor for ups the only thing they care about is $$$$...If you think its about any thing else your misinformed...tee hee..

No--the funniest stuff ever is you trying to pass yourself off as something that you are not. Now that is funny!