The Big Lie

Dustyroads

Well, since I started the post, I'll have to say that they were all good, the big lies, the little lies, the lies that came from the top, and the lies that came from the bottom of the top. I appreciate all of the contributions, I'm sure they made a lot of us smile. It's telling, the things that are lied about.

We had this center manager once, and the story everyone told was, "How do you know ####### ##### is lying? His lips are moving."

D

Dis-organized Labor

this is the funniest stuff ever. as a sup i lie to my people all the time. not because i want to. its just the way the upper mgt wants it and i get tired of gettin my butt chewed. my trust and confidence in ups is gone. they lie to me, as much as i have to lie to other people... it makes me ill...i sit through meetings and have to hold back th vomit it makes me so sick..I look forward to the day i no longer wor for ups the only thing they care about is $$$$...If you think its about any thing else your misinformed...tee hee..

(Imagine a srcreaming center manager:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LIE TO YOUR PEOPLE??? DO I EVER LIE TO YOU???? DON'T ANSWER THAT....YOU'RE ILL???? WHAT THE friend** IS WRONG WITH YOU???? WHAT KIND OF AN EXAMPLE ARE YOU SETTING????

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

upandcomer

this is the funniest stuff ever. as a sup i lie to my people all the time. not because i want to. its just the way the upper mgt wants it and i get tired of gettin my butt chewed. my trust and confidence in ups is gone. they lie to me, as much as i have to lie to other people... it makes me ill...i sit through meetings and have to hold back th vomit it makes me so sick..I look forward to the day i no longer wor for ups the only thing they care about is $$$$...If you think its about any thing else your misinformed...tee hee..

If a manager above me dropped a "tee hee", I would punch them square in the face.

Dustyroads

A few years ago we got a new center manager...he came from a neighboring center and I knew a couple guys over there. I called one, asking him about the center manager they were losing, the one we were getting. He said, well, we had a nickname for him, "the Lying King". We soon learned how he got that name.

island1fox

How many of our kids even know what this is!

record.jpg

I think it is one of those old clothes pins !!!:laughing: 45 0r 78 --ever have to change the needle on the victrolla ?

Bad Andy

(Imagine a srcreaming center manager:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LIE TO YOUR PEOPLE??? DO I EVER LIE TO YOU???? DON'T ANSWER THAT....YOU'RE ILL???? WHAT THE friend** IS WRONG WITH YOU???? WHAT KIND OF AN EXAMPLE ARE YOU SETTING????

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Ill, the list of crap wrong with me is too long to post... The example i am setting is that ups and drivers will not abuse me anymore. think about that when your sitting broke down on the road.. oh Yeah "the tow truck is on the way" TEE HEE

D

Dis-organized Labor

I think it is one of those old clothes pins !!!:laughing: 45 0r 78 --ever have to change the needle on the victrolla ?

It looks some cheap, Made in Taiwan New York Yankees logo
record.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dis-organized Labor

I am Ill, the list of crap wrong with me is too long to post... The example i am setting is that ups and drivers will not abuse me anymore. think about that when your sitting broke down on the road.. oh Yeah "the tow truck is on the way" TEE HEE

Here: Knock yourself out...
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]N.A.B.E.R. INC.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]National Alliance of "BROWN" Employees and Retirees
[/FONT]

DS

Fenderbender

center manager...Why did you work 18 hours yesterday?Andy said a towtruck was on the way so I just waited.TEE HEE....we always get the last laugh.
I doubt if drivers abused you,they were just lied to about how many stops they had,we get fired if we lie.

upssup

Here's just one example of how fuel consumption is the least of their concerns. About a year ago, the decision was made by IE to crush all 2000 of the P47 package cars, which were all 2003 or newer vehicles, that operated with a 5 cylinder diesel engine that got 20 miles per gallon and replace them with a V-8 Chevy in a Workhorse chassis that gets 8 miles a gallon. These vehicles accounted for a small percentage of the fleet, but accounted for a large percentage of the miles driven every day. The reason, Chevy was just about giving V8 chevys away. Every day that a single, new P500 drives on a rural area, replacing a P47, we consume an additional 15 gallons of fuel a day, on the average.

upssup

A P47 cost twice as much initially as the Chev workhorse and the maintenence is extremely expensive and they went through engines at a pretty good clip. An engine cost 12K. So explain to me how it is cost effective to keep the P47's around in lieu of the Chev workhorse that will be like the old reliable 4.3 and run on the cheap for the next ten to fifteen years.

UPS Lifer

That day is probably coming quicker than you think!:rofl:

My favorite one as a management person was "You are right at the top of the pay scale...!"

W

westsideworma

The biggest lie in UPS history is safety. The only thing they want to do is make it look like they are really concerned about the safety of their workers. If it involves having to spend money to make things safe.......... forget it. They have a safety meeting every month in our building (which I don't attend because it is a joke), and then tell what they discussed in the A.M. meeting. Nothing ever gets fixed that is on the list of safety concerns. I had to beg for over a week just to get a flashlight. Bought my own last year and someone took it out of my package car so I won't spend my money again.

They actually came in last month and put a lock box on the building thermostat. They set the thermostat on 45 degrees. This week it was 35 to 40 degrees and the heat still wouldn't kick on.

Of course I know corporate headquarters have theirs set at 45 too so I shouldn't complain.

so thats why its so cold, I thought the heat was on today but then I realized its 66 out right now in mass :happy-very:

Dustyroads

UPSSUP says "A P47 cost twice as much initially as the Chev workhorse and the maintenence is extremely expensive and they went through engines at a pretty good clip. An engine cost 12K. So explain to me how it is cost effective to keep the P47's around in lieu of the Chev workhorse that will be like the old reliable 4.3 and run on the cheap for the next ten to fifteen years"

Indeed, the Chevy's are much cheaper, in every respect. The new 500's are road crazy, they bust the front springs so badly that they've had to replace all of them, have no safety equipment, i.e., airbag or a padded dash. The P47's had a Anti Slip Rearend, far more sophisticated than the old chevy, making them much safer to operate on slick roads. The P47 had independent front suspension, far superior in handling to a solid front axle. The Mercedes diesels in our building ran 200,000 miles on an engine, but we had a good Mercedes mechanic, maybe you didn't in your building. I've never seen a gas burner that got that lasted 200,000. However, the point of the whole topic, was that the company doesn't really care about fuel consumption as long as it is a cheap vehicle. You know, the big lie, we are a GREEN COMPANY. I think they are really just talking about profit when they say "green". And, then they point to that one electric package car out in California. 8 miles a gallon verses 21 miles a gallon. You figure how much savings that amounts to over 200,000 miles. You get what you pay for. You could replace the Sprinter engine every year for the money that is saved in fuel consumption when comparing the sprinter with the new 500. It's over $12,000 a year in additional cost just being burnt up by that big V8.