The Big Reveal

MAKAVELI

I wouldn’t say back down to pre covid levels tho. My station still running double the volume on an average day compared to pre covid. Even during this recession it’s still at least double the volume. This is the “new normal” from now on idk why y’all just refuse to believe that. I mean it’s been damn near 3 years lol this volume isn’t going anywhere
I'm saying company wide. My station is still busy as well but that is not the case nationwide.

Artee

I'm saying company wide. My station is still busy as well but that is not the case nationwide.
A station I go to had a pretty easy peak and it been very slow after the first of the year. Its been slow enough that they are now going to start taking freight back from ground which they had been giving ground over the last few months.

Gone fishin

A station I go to had a pretty easy peak and it been very slow after the first of the year. Its been slow enough that they are now going to start taking freight back from ground which they had been giving ground over the last few months.
I think it depends on your station area. Mine has industrial park , rich and middle class neighborhood and also city. We’re very steady

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Its been slow enough that they are now going to start taking freight back from ground which they had been giving ground over the last few months.
Just wait for Ground to give it back. That’s what they were gonna do anyway.

Artee

I think it depends on your station area. Mine has industrial park , rich and middle class neighborhood and also city. We’re very steady
We are in one of the test areas that were giving a bunch of zip codes to ground. Not all of Express was doing this. Right now with the freight slowdown it was bad timing to be giving more work away. They had to bring some zip codes back to ensure they were not paying everyone minimums.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We are in one of the test areas that were giving a bunch of zip codes to ground. Not all of Express was doing this. Right now with the freight slowdown it was bad timing to be giving more work away. They had to bring some zip codes back to ensure they were not paying everyone minimums.
I thought you had become a Kool-Aid drinker. Still love the company??

Aquaman

This company is going to lay people off for the first time soon. I would bet on it. I don’t see any other option. Volume is WAY down right now. Maybe not at your station. But at many stations across the country. With response going away. There’s going to be A TON of response couriers, RTD’s, and handlers all looking for stuff to do. Right when the company is trying to cut hours. There’s just not enough work to keep everyone. You can’t truly cut hours unless you cut people.

Nolimitz

This company is going to lay people off for the first time soon. I would bet on it. I don’t see any other option. Volume is WAY down right now. Maybe not at your station. But at many stations across the country. With response going away. There’s going to be A TON of response couriers, RTD’s, and handlers all looking for stuff to do. Right when the company is trying to cut hours. There’s just not enough work to keep everyone. You can’t truly cut hours unless you cut people.
Before I left, they did away with min's for all PT folks. FT'ers are probably next

Mutineer

Maybe. But from what I’ve seen, I don’t think larger contractors have any desire to put up with the company imposed financial burdens.

And with Patton, I think FedEx adequately demonstrated that they will cheerfully ruin any contractor who gets out of line.

Who would want to heavily invest in anything where they can be treated with such impunity?

lilwizbiz

even in 2008 they didn't layoff anyone.

AB831

even in 2008 they didn't layoff anyone.
That’s because Fat Freddy will just make your life miserable so you’ll quit willingly. That “we never lay off anyone” is just more smoke and mirrors. “Oh you work at a Baltimore area station? Unfortunately, we’re collapsing your route, BUT there are a few open routes in our Northern Virginia station that we’ll happily offer you. Not interested in driving an hour to and from work? Goodbye, quitter.”

purplelife

That’s because Fat Freddy will just make your life miserable so you’ll quit willingly. That “we never lay off anyone” is just more smoke and mirrors. “Oh you work at a Baltimore area station? Unfortunately, we’re collapsing your route, BUT there are a few open routes in our Northern Virginia station that we’ll happily offer you. Not interested in driving an hour to and from work? Goodbye, quitter.”
100% correct, if full time employees who are used to 45+ hours go down to 35 for extended period of time they find something else. Won't layoff but will pretty much push out the door.

btrlov

100% correct, if full time employees who are used to 45+ hours go down to 35 for extended period of time they find something else. Won't layoff but will pretty much push out the door.
Very True. Constructive Layoffs via work/life quality, transfers, and pay furloughs

lilwizbiz

who do you know that has happened to lol