The Concept of Constructive Dissatisfaction

tieguy

Banned
This isn't high school, you and your bully pal aren't going to run the schoolyard. The moderator you are referring to quit because you and tie were so abusive to him.

I guess you're allowed to post jokes but he was not, didn't you see the LOL in his post?

Now you're going to start needling Tony? Rethink this Over, I'm warning you...

Sigh......high school bully pal now is it?

I did agree wtih over I did think these exercises with multi quotes are a waste of time. If for instance you took my post addressing mrfdx questions together you would have one where I made the comment about them having their own forum and you would have included the one where I actually answered his question and you would have two where I pointed out to mrfedex that he asked a question with it already answered with preconcieved bias. The one post where I tell the fdxers I don't want them on this site was not a flame but an honest commentary about the fact that I don't enjoy hanging out here with people who make their livelyhood trying to steal my livelyhood.

This soap opera could have been cut short. I encouraged the moderators to jump in several times through the messages options and recieved no response. I guess everyone was pissed at me for suggesting the changes here were not to my liking. This last high school bully comment is just another shot in this insane soap opera.

As for me and high school bully thing. Well you won't see a whole lot of me here anymore. This site is one that is now being ruled by the hard core anti management posters and the fdxers. Good for them. I'll still pop in every now and then and say hi to some of the friends i have here but the direction of this site has migrated in a direction I no longer agree with. I am a magnet here for every guy that hates his boss and I honestly can not come in here and take a bunch of guff of someone without returning fire. Your dad did not work with upsers who were so anti ups as these posters. your dad did not work with upsers who would vote 2 to 1 against a contract offer while the rest of the country overwhelmingly voted for the offer.
I can't fight thefdx threat at work and then come here and be happy happy joy joy with them.

Point -while we did not have a majority here you did have a lot of long standing members of this site who objected with the direction of this site. Their tenure here supporting this site should be considered.

You also need to have a process where people can publicly object or recommend changes to the site without people getting their feelings hurt.

So its been fun. I'll pop in every now and then. If you could leave the high school bully comments out of any future exchanges you have. thanks.

tieguy

Banned
Putting aside the playfull jabs with my fdx buddies for a minute. :happy-very:

DS you the managers of this site are getting a little lesson in what its like to be a manager of this site.

Creating a fdx forum here is an extremely radical change from what you have had here in the past. It probably required a little more effort then what was given. I think you should have at least polled the members here before making that decision. Its a change that changes the whole core and character of this site. Saving a link gives the message UPS info for upsers. Brown cafe implies UPS. You're now making a change that leads you more to some type of combined trucking company / package carrier site. You folks did so without the imput of the members here. You probably have strong feelings at work when decisions are made that affect you without your input. Yet here you had the same discretion to do so without considering that point.
On another thread I believe a discussion took place on making over9 a moderator. I think he would have been an excellent choice. The guy has been here forever and for the most part very open minded even though he and I often disagree on many topics. I think you probably should find a few more posters like over9 to add more perspective to some of these decisions made here. And before anyone thinks I'm politicing for the job, don't worry I'm not. I don't want posters here thinking this is a management run site so I would not take the job. I do think you need expand your group. Maybe have a diverse board of directors to make these decisions. While I have slowly gotten off topic with the sparring going on with the fdx guys my point is the same. I don't object to their being here, I'm just shocked that we would make such a radical change in this sites character without much more input from the board. If you poll the members and they agree to let other carriers have a forum here then we should look to change the whole theme as it currently stands.

However its your site and you have the autonomy to ruin it any way you please. :happy-very:

And last with all the multi - quoting cross examination of my soul and my evil intentions I felt it necessary to again repost my original statement that I think very respectfully raised my objections. this statement did not make it into any of the multi-quoting psycho-analysis probably due to not making me look bad enough. The responses I recieved to what I thought was carefully worded to not offend was recieved like a fart in church. So yes I did get a little miffed with some of those responses and yes I was less then diplomatic when I recieved them later.

UPS Lifer

I am really not pleased with the way this has gone. From what I get out of Tie's last post is that we just lost one of our top posters on this forum. I have always enjoyed Tie's posts and feel that this would really change the personality of the Brown Cafe more than any other thing that has happened lately.

I will go out on a limb and say that there will be a lot of posters that feel the way I do.

Tie - Don't leave this forum. - You may sometimes be controversial but isn't that part of what this is about. The people that love to hate you will most certainly miss you as well!!!!

Sit back and take a couple of days off from posting BUT don't stop. Recharge and re-energize and come back stronger than ever. You are a strong voice for active management and you will be doing those folks a disservice by pulling away. There are a very few negative posters that will think they have won a victory by this. Don't give them the satisfaction....(and none of them are moderators.) I would think that your reputation would show you how much support you have on this site!!!!

Don't let us down!!!

over9five

Staff member
"I guess you're allowed to post jokes but he was not, didn't you see the LOL in his post?"

No, I didn't. And there's no checking it now.

And even if he did, it was inappropriate to do so as a moderator in such a thread. I'm not saying moderators can't be regular posters too, but not in a thread like that.

Warning acknowledged.

Over9five out

moreluck

golden ticket member
Walk it off, Tie.

Like water off a duck's back.

Your perspective on discussions is different from hourlies.

I don't always agree with you, but about 95% of the time I do.

Your comments are valued, your sparring has been interesting, just don't get steamed to the point of flaming.

I agree with lifer. Take a couple days, breathe deeply and eat some cheesecake.....oh, did lifer say that last thing?

:wink2:

govols019

You smell that?
I enjoy Tie's posts too and I like arguing with him if only to see him get all upset but "I'm leaving" posts I've always found annoying. They just scream, "Hey everybody, look at me."

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I enjoy Tie's posts too and I like arguing with him if only to see him get all upset but "I'm leaving" posts I've always found annoying. They just scream, "Hey everybody, look at me."

Might as well ban black people because it is "brown" cafe. Silly! PS if anyhone should be banned it's Tieguy. Call this a "flame post" or etc, and ban me or whatever it takes, but he's very pretentious and is jealous of not being able to moderate this forum quite frankly. I bet anyone dimes to donuts BC is a much more amicable chat without him.

brazenbrown

He has threatened to leave before. When Tie is rational he really does add to this forum. When he leads with his ego and insults he really loses credibility. In my opinion he could have handled this campaign much differently by being more discrete and not acting like this is his website.

Might as well ban black people because it is "brown" cafe. Silly! PS if anyhone should be banned it's Tieguy. Call this a "flame post" or etc, and ban me or whatever it takes, but he's very pretentious and is jealous of not being able to moderate this forum quite frankly. I bet anyone dimes to donuts BC is a much more amicable chat without him.

Watch out for Robo mod! lol :no_flames:

That's not necessarily true. While I agree that he has not handled this situation well he has a long history with great advice and UPS knowledge. I think he needs to not get sidetracked by emotion and he can continue to be a strong advocate on these boards.

paidslave

The Concept of Constructive Dissatisfaction is so old school thinking it would be frightning knowing this theory is still implemented.

Over 100 years being in business something must have worked but I really have to believe this theory perhaps had something to do with the bad attitudes that evolved over the years.

I just wonder if there needs some modification with this theory because of how many customers have such Dissatisfaction!

Maybe it should have been called

The Concept of Constantly Dissatisfiring employees and losing heap loads of customer Theory:clubbing:

UPS Lifer

Real shocker there.

A summary:

"Noooooooo please don't leave, who is going to spread delusional thought processes and management propaganda with me????" -- UPS Lifer

Begging someone to keep posting on an internet forum, I've seen it all now.

Hey Griff.....
I have gotten to you! This is so cool!!!!
You actually look for my posts now so that you can try to discredit what I have to say. This makes me proud! It shows that I have had a positive impact on you. The goodness that is deep, deep inside of you (I mean real deep) LOL is trying hard to escape and it scares you!!!! The sun is shinning and you don't know how to handle the warm glow that is penetrating.

Just curious....R U friends with Britney?

Griff

Hey Griff.....
I have gotten to you! This is so cool!!!!
You actually look for my posts now so that you can try to discredit what I have to say. This makes me proud! It shows that I have had a positive impact on you. The goodness that is deep, deep inside of you (I mean real deep) LOL is trying hard to escape and it scares you!!!! The sun is shinning and you don't know how to handle the warm glow that is penetrating.

Just curious....R U friends with Britney?

delusional thought processes

tieguy

Banned

Don't get too comfy :happy-very:

I said I would be here a lot less not leaving.:happy-very:

rocket man

HEY MR Fedx your alway asking questions sum times you seem like a ups supervisor. digging and probing instead of getting right to the point. you know the answers to most of the things you ask.why dont you go to feddx cafe oh yea theres not one because your not a UNION company. so you come on this site to hide under the coat of brown . I still think your a supervisor for wich company you work for im not sure just get real have a good day night what ever.:surprised: