The Concept of Constructive Dissatisfaction

The problem is too many people think I'm trying to ban the fdx people which is why i keep repeating certain information.

I noticed you still like to pay me a lot of special attention there tinklepinkle. You see some rudeness that needed rustling? I think you really like me don't ya. Let me see them horns before you get too close there pard.

Well now Tie there is a reason some people think you want them banned. It prolly has something to do with you saying they had no right to be here, among many other things. Hey, I'm not making any judgment here, just pointing out what you have already said.
Special attention? Don't flatter yourself. I was not being rude in the post you responded to (just trying to be helpful), but I see it doesn't mean squat to you. Keep flammin' you'll eventually burn out.

tieguy

Banned
Well now Tie there is a reason some people think you want them banned. It prolly has something to do with you saying they had no right to be here, among many other things. Hey, I'm not making any judgment here, just pointing out what you have already said.
Special attention? Don't flatter yourself. I was not being rude in the post you responded to (just trying to be helpful), but I see it doesn't mean squat to you. Keep flammin' you'll eventually burn out.

Yes I did have my little shooting match with the fdx guys. Thanks for staying on top of your game as the management only rudeness rustler pard.:happy-very:

FedexExEmployee

Anytime :happy-very:

Let's also keep in mind that does not mean they themselves are of a lower intellect in comparison to anyone else.

It's the job duties itself that I have been referring to. I did so in making my point that working for Fedex or UPS requires the same job functions to be carried out (with the exception of small details). This is just my opinion though. I see others disagree which is fine.

I'm just glad you finally understood something all by yourself.

Good job!!!! :wink2:

tieguy

Banned
Anytime :happy-very:

Let's also keep in mind that does not mean they themselves are of a lower intellect in comparison to anyone else.

It's the job duties itself that I have been referring to. I did so in making my point that working for Fedex or UPS requires the same job functions to be carried out (with the exception of small details). This is just my opinion though. I see others disagree which is fine.

I'm just glad you finally understood something all by yourself.

Good job!!!! :wink2:

ahhh so you meant to say we have rocket scientist performing meaningless activites that require no brain activity.

and you meant to say that your former fdx driving buddies do the same job as the ups drivers?

Keep back pedaling.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
This flame war is over. If either tieguy or fedexemployee writes another one of these useless posts they will receive an infraction and have all of their future posts put into the moderation queue for 10 days.

tieguy

Banned
This flame war is over. If either tieguy or fedexemployee writes another one of these useless posts they will receive an infraction and have all of their future posts put into the moderation queue for 10 days.

Cheryl,

Not trying to get you upset here but I don't think I'm flaming the guy. He made a very demeaning commentary on the delivery job calling it mindless activity. He also makes the argument that the fdx driver and the ups driver do the same job. I think any ups driver will tell you they do a heck of a lot more then fdx drivers they know. I think they will also tell you that a heck of a lot of brain actiivity is required in todays world you definitely need some brain activity to keep your deliveries organized so you meet your time committments. In fact I have to wonder if the guy has ever delivered after reading his analysis of the delivery job.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Okay tieguy, I hear you. From what I've heard about the jobs discussed in this thread you have some legit issues.

At this point I have some serious concerns about your participation here... first of all you have recently attacked our community's volunteer moderators. Secondly you cannot seem to restrain yourself from making offensive statements toward members that express views that are different than yours.

Sorry tieguy, I expected more from you.

tieguy

Banned
Okay tieguy, I hear you. From what I've heard about the jobs discussed in this thread you have some legit issues.

At this point I have some serious concerns about your participation here... first of all you have recently attacked our community's volunteer moderators. Secondly you cannot seem to restrain yourself from making offensive statements toward members that express views that are different than yours.

Sorry tieguy, I expected more from you.

Thats the problem with turning the other cheek no one hears you do so. I think an objective analysis of my posts will show I take a lot more flames here then I give. I often send messages to the you and the moderators before I return fire giving you the opportunity to intervene before I flame someone. If I am the problem here then I will make sure I am no longer the problem here. I do believe you will find that you will continue to have friction here between posters especially upsers and fdxers after I am no longer the problem here.

satellitedriver

Thats the problem with turning the other cheek no one hears you do so.
There is a difference between turning ones cheek and one leaning into a punch.
Tie, you have blown this topic out of proportion. IMO
I know you like the give and take of a debate, but enough is enough.
I am speaking as a poster, not a Mod.
PAX

paidslave

I wanted to stay out of this Tieguy and agree with previous posters by blowing this out of proportion! I respect alot of things that you say regarding not welcoming FEDX'ers to this site but calling them terrorists is a little overboard I would think. I do appreciate that you want to have this site to only brownees and that makes sense to a degree. I have an idea: leave the forum for a period of time then have another vote to keep a separate forum or banish it for good! Democracy! I don't think that we will be losing business to FEDX'ers on this site simply because lots of them seem disgruntled anyway! Maybe we can get some sales leads out of them!

I understand your frustration with FEDX taking away our business but we all need to stay professional so this doesn't continue happening!

This FEDX'er is loving it. Leave him alone and maybe he will disapear for you. You are smarter than that!

I am not here to correct anybody just debate.

My 2cents!
:happy2:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Thats the problem with turning the other cheek no one hears you do so. I think an objective analysis of my posts will show I take a lot more flames here then I give. I often send messages to the you and the moderators before I return fire giving you the opportunity to intervene before I flame someone. If I am the problem here then I will make sure I am no longer the problem here. I do believe you will find that you will continue to have friction here between posters especially upsers and fdxers after I am no longer the problem here.
Tie, I think that you represent a point of view that is under represented on this forum. On lots of these issues I actually agree with your point of view but wind up offended by the way it's presented. The problem I have is with the way so many of these debates go from discussing an issue to never ending mud fights. You make some good points, just stay out of the mud.

FedexExEmployee

Cheryl, sorry for any problems that I may have caused.
I was disgusted by the attack on the other Fedex guy who simply asked an insightful question.

If anyone were to read from the beginning, they would see how it all started.

Sorry again Cheryl :happy2:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Here is the objective analysis !!

First post of the thread:
I just finished reading "Driving Change", which was basically a tribute to UPS management that pretty much ignored the contribution of hourly employees to the company's success. Throughout the book, however, the authors kept hammering home Mr Casey's ideal of "constructive dissatisfaction" and how deeply instilled it was in the unique culture of UPS. While I certainly understand and respect the concept, I suspect that "constructive dissastisfaction" that comes from hourlies is received somewhat differently from that which originates in management.

At FedEx, we have the similar concept of "Continuous Improvement", which means that if you're a driver and have a good, but controversial idea, it is ignored and you're branded as a bad attitude employee. If a manager comes up with the exact same idea, he or she is a superstar and promoted to their next level of incompetence. In short, it's BS. Is it the same at UPS??

MrFedEx posing a question.

First response after a post by tups:

I thought we banished you guys to your own forum?
The Browncafe does not discriminate, all forums are for everyone.

"I thought we banished you guys to your own forum?"
LOL! Try to appease the riffraff by giving them their own forum and
they STILL show up here!

First flame of the thread!! Unprovoked I might add.

A few posts later the first attack on our moderators:
While you and the other moderators here have elected to kiss the fdx tucasa I choose to discuss casey with those who have earned the right.

And a few more posts later:

Flame you? The last time I checked you worked for the other guy. The guy who actively tries to steal my packages every time I go through contract negotiations by telling my customers that there will be a strike this time. While others here are ready to give you their packages because they believe there is plenty for everyone I don't hold those same feelings of love. As far as I'm concerned the brown cafe may as well open theirselves to bestiality and pedophilia now that they have invited fdx in.

Anti FEDEX sentiments abound with a flame against the Browncafe suggesting it may as well have opened forums for bestiality and pedophilia..

These posts were within the first 20 on this thread and no other attacks had been made.

When I posted in the thread that, "they're only complaining because they really care", I had no idea at that point things would end up like they have.

To me this thread is an example of the worst of the Browncafe community experience. In my opinion some of the posts in this thread do far more damage to the morale and longevity of this community than any changes to the site ever could.

My hope is that this experience will only make the Browncafe community stronger and that many of us have learned a good lesson.

Tony

browniehound

I'm with Tie.
Ban the Fedex guys!
This is supposed to be the BROWN Cafe.

(Can't they find/start their own site?)

I agree with both. I was hoping the site would stay strictly a UPS forum woth a topic about the competetion started under its own heading. It IS still THE "Brown cafe" isn't it?

over9five

Staff member
"Quote:
Originally Posted by over9five
"I thought we banished you guys to your own forum?"
LOL! Try to appease the riffraff by giving them their own forum and
they STILL show up here!"

"First flame of the thread!! Unprovoked I might add."

Sorry, Tony. I thought the "LOL" and the exclamation point showed that was said in jest.

I found it strange that you posted excerpts from Tie and myself, but none of the flames by the moderators. I went to the other thread to do this myself, but guess what? All the moderator flame posts have been deleted!

No evidence, no crime?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
This isn't high school, you and your bully pal aren't going to run the schoolyard. The moderator you are referring to quit because you and tie were so abusive to him.

I guess you're allowed to post jokes but he was not, didn't you see the LOL in his post?

Now you're going to start needling Tony? Rethink this Over, I'm warning you...

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Meet our new moderator, no chance that he'll confuse you by having a personality or a sense of humor...