The Concept of Constructive Dissatisfaction

my2cents

Some added thoughts on this controversy. While this site is adding forums, why not add ones for Postal employees worldwide? Furthermore, I think it would be cool to add forums for road train drivers from Australia and those daring ice road truckers who drive across the northern frontier. I bet those guys have some great stories to tell.

my2cents

I have no need for tears, although my perspective of how I view this site has changed. There really is no end to this stuff. Ever wonder how a package gets delivered from inflation-ravaged Zimbabwe to a neighboring country full of civil strife, like Kenya? Anyway, I've said my piece and I'm finished.

JustTired

free at last.......
Ever wonder how a package gets delivered from inflation-ravaged Zimbabwe to a neighboring country full of civil strife, like Kenya?

My guess is that there is an hourly employee risking his/her life to get it there while several management employees set in their cushy office and complain about how long it's taking to get the job done. Not to mention the cost to fix the bullet holes in the vehicle. :wink2:

wkmac

For some reason you're having a hard time focusing or I'm not splaining too well. I'm not bad mouthing the brown cafe and I do not need to spend time on the old m/friend site to appreciate the brown cafe. I am addressing a specific event that took place here where this site was basically transformed from the brown cafe to the package cafe.

Well since you raised it let me share some words of yours that in some areas could be seen as "bad mouthing" BC.

Its about keeping this the brown cafe and not changing it to an industry site.

Now maybe you are right that in the normal sense it's not bad mouthing but you are voicing objections as I see it to a new BC policy or direction. I believe another of your merry tribe said something to the effect of "there's goes the BC" as if the end of somethng was near. IMO here's Cheryl trying to open an avenue for us UPSers to learn more about what might effect our company and like the Church of the time who fought for an earth centered universe, here you guys are doing the same thing to Cheryl's Copernician view.

I doubt in no short order with the name Browncafe and with Cheryl's UPS roots that this site will become a minor UPS site and a major industry site. If it does, then it does and any one of us is free to start anew somewhere else. Besides Tie, you gotta admit FedEx forums and all, this site beats the train wreck of the Yahoo boards hands down.

Now that I look again at the quote maybe Cheryl should put you in charge of border patrol so you could build a fence to keep out the FedExers and let's not forget JonFrum too!

:happy-very:

Enjoy your Sunday of no football but at least we have the closing laps of the Daytona 24.

wkmac

fdx employees now get more consideration here then senior loyal brown cafers.

Geez Tie, I read this line and the thought of some temper tantrum throwing princess brat from the "Sweet 16" tv show comes to mind. I thought you were way, way, way better than that!

over9five

Staff member
Wkmac, I have to say that both of your Tie quotes show him stating his views, which I believe is what this site is all about.

Some of us believe this site is reeeeeal good just the way it is, and shouldn't change in this way. We've been around a long time, and should be able to voice our opinions without being called crybabies or 16 year olds. It seems that voicing these opinions won't change anything, but we can still voice them, can't we??

Tony made a comment that really strikes the heart of the matter. I don't feel like looking back, but loosely quoted:

"You know when they're complaining that they really care!!"

Actually I did look back cuz it's a great quote.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My guess is that there is an hourly employee risking his/her life to get it there while several management employees set in their cushy office and complain about how long it's taking to get the job done. Not to mention the cost to fix the bullet holes in the vehicle. :wink2:

Too funny and so true. My guess is that the engineers would have probably already factored-in the cost to repair the bullet holes in the vehicle. The driver's medical costs would not be covered, however, because he/she should have anticipated the hazard. Management would have to administer appropriate discipline up to and including termination.

tieguy

Banned
Well since you raised it let me share some words of yours that in some areas could be seen as "bad mouthing" BC.

badmouthing the direction BC is taking perhaps.

Now maybe you are right that in the normal sense it's not bad mouthing but you are voicing objections as I see it to a new BC policy or direction. I believe another of your merry tribe said something to the effect of "there's goes the BC" as if the end of somethng was near. IMO here's Cheryl trying to open an avenue for us UPSers to learn more about what might effect our company and like the Church of the time who fought for an earth centered universe, here you guys are doing the same thing to Cheryl's Copernician view.

That avenue was already there with the news about our competition forum. Once you create forums for fdx employees then you change the site.

I doubt in no short order with the name Browncafe and with Cheryl's UPS roots that this site will become a minor UPS site and a major industry site. If it does, then it does and any one of us is free to start anew somewhere else. Besides Tie, you gotta admit FedEx forums and all, this site beats the train wreck of the Yahoo boards hands down.

Already has made that change. thats why I'm providing these petty complaints.

Now that I look again at the quote maybe Cheryl should put you in charge of border patrol so you could build a fence to keep out the FedExers and let's not forget JonFrum too!

Actually fdxers were here before we made this radical change to the site. You're trying to diminish my objections. Step back and look at what you have now. three count them three fdx forums. Its no longer a ups site its an industry site. thats my objection.

tieguy

Banned
Geez Tie, I read this line and the thought of some temper tantrum throwing princess brat from the "Sweet 16" tv show comes to mind. I thought you were way, way, way better than that!

wow did you actually say that? Why on this thread alone the fdx employees have gotten away with calling me a crybaby about 10 times despite the anti flaming rule. Why because the moderators over looked the flaming rule if it agrees with their position. Why not open your eyes the next time before you run your mouth. you seem to struggle with this subject perhaps you should leave it alone and return to ambigous politcal concepts.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey TieGuy. Take a look at the FedEx forums and the level of participation, which is pretty low. Even if it gains momentum, we will never eclipse UPS on this site. We're a sideline, and that's OK with me. The vast majority of posts are UPS issues, not FDX issues, and that's not going to change. It's ironic, but a lot of the FedEx discussions on this site are generated by your opposition to us being included here. Nobody needs to change the name of the site or continue to over-react like a gang member defending his turf. The earth is not flat TieGuy...it's round. Open your mind a little bit and perhaps you'll gain a bit of perspective.

tieguy

Banned
Hey TieGuy. Take a look at the FedEx forums and the level of participation, which is pretty low. Even if it gains momentum, we will never eclipse UPS on this site. We're a sideline, and that's OK with me. The vast majority of posts are UPS issues, not FDX issues, and that's not going to change. It's ironic, but a lot of the FedEx discussions on this site are generated by your opposition to us being included here. Nobody needs to change the name of the site or continue to over-react like a gang member defending his turf. The earth is not flat TieGuy...it's round. Open your mind a little bit and perhaps you'll gain a bit of perspective.

Sounds like a nice speech for a fdx guy but unfortunately does not mean anything in this thread. My objection is the site has been changed from a upsers site to an industry site. Try to keep up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am keeping up. As a manager, you should be particularly aware of what the rest of the industry is doing and how if affects UPS. If you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend that what other guy does isn't of any consequence, go right ahead. Perhaps you live in a plastic bubble, but the rest of us do not.

Like I said before, we are a small part of this site, and will never be more than an adjunct section. The Brown Cafe is still a BROWN operation, not purple or clown yellow and red.

By the way, how do you get along with your employees? Do you handle them the same way you handle your postings? What's it like to work for a manager with an "always right" attitude like yours? I met a few of the hard-core old school UPS managers when I was there, and all of the regulars were counting the days until they retired, seized-up, or were shown the door. You can pretend it's like the military, but it's not.

tieguy

Banned
I am keeping up. As a manager, you should be particularly aware of what the rest of the industry is doing and how if affects UPS.
Sigh.......your not keeping up. as I previously pointed out we had all that and more before. We had the news about our competition. What we have now is three forums converted to fdx which now makes this an industry site rather then a ups site.

No offense but this is really debate between the long standing ups members and the moderators. you should leave it to us. I'm sure you can give me all kinds of posts about why the fdx guy is my best friend but thats not what this is about.

wkmac

wow did you actually say that? Why on this thread alone the fdx employees have gotten away with calling me a crybaby about 10 times despite the anti flaming rule. Why because the moderators over looked the flaming rule if it agrees with their position. Why not open your eyes the next time before you run your mouth. you seem to struggle with this subject perhaps you should leave it alone and return to ambigous politcal concepts.

Tie,

No offense and I say this as a friend and someone who still enjoys your input but a whole lot of times you go looking for a fight and when some one gives it to you, you holler foul! So what if they call you a crybaby, ever consider they have nothing more of value to say so that is the only response? It means on the merits you've won the point of the debate so wear it proudly.

Relish in it and have some fun for once.

Look, I'll admit I rarely come into this and the UPS labor forum anymore because to be honest my career is ever nearing it's close and these last few years I'm not gonna drag myself down with the same ole' negatives from all sides that has been rehashed a 1000 times over. To the newbie's it's all new but I've heard it so many times before from the company is gonna break the union (God that's all we heard in the 80's with Reagan) to the management is the "spawn of Satan" to just fill in the ___________!

Now it's FedEx is gonna rule the all and one little Freddy Boy shows up and yanks your chain, one UPSer in their opinion takes some delight in seeing you get yours for once and it's the end of the world!

Give Me A FREAKIN' BREAK!!!!!!!!!

Now a poll thread on has BC changed!

What next?

Well I saw this posted by FedExEXEmployee, this said it all:

I keep getting negative "Rep power" ratings from someone. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
I think someone is having way to good a time yanking on a few peoples chains who've yet to figure out they are being played!

you bad boy you!

tieguy

Banned
Tie,

No offense and I say this as a friend and someone who still enjoys your input but a whole lot of times you go looking for a fight and when some one gives it to you, you holler foul! So what if they call you a crybaby, ever consider they have nothing more of value to say so that is the only response? It means on the merits you've won the point of the debate so wear it proudly.

That was not my point. DS jumped in a couple threads back with a veiled threat about being overly moderated. When he did so he ignored numerous posts by the fdx posters that were actual blatant flames. Thus the comment I made which you ridiculed that the fdx folks were getting more consideration here then I was. I guess your right though. I should not speak up when i disagree with something I should probably just become a passive poster and maybe stop posting all together since senior members here do not get their respect.

Now it's FedEx is gonna rule the all and one little Freddy Boy shows up and yanks your chain, one UPSer in their opinion takes some delight in seeing you get yours for once and it's the end of the world!

I think you missed the pointagain? the fdx folks have been here for a while. thats not the complaint. the complaint is adding fdx forums changes the site from a upser site to an industry site. Please respond that you have finally read that point and understand what I said?