The debunked pseudoscience “gender identity” is being put in our contract.

brett636

There have been a couple of these “individuals” in my department. One of them can’t seem to interact with management in a semi-cordial manner and is off half the time for termination due to said loose mouth. The other my understanding is medically no longer able to work. Some issues work themselves out.

Encouraging people to embrace their mental illness isn’t compassion, and in the long run is dangerous to the person being encouraged. In the end though we may find ourselves working around these people and earning our paychecks is more important than worrying about someone who fantasizes about mutilating their bodies. It would be nice if they left this out of the contract, but corporate already has a similar policy they follow so it’s an easy point to negotiate on.

Thebrownblob

There have been a couple of these “individuals” in my department. One of them can’t seem to interact with management in a semi-cordial manner and is off half the time for termination due to said loose mouth. The other my understanding is medically no longer able to work. Some issues work themselves out.

Encouraging people to embrace their mental illness isn’t compassion, and in the long run is dangerous to the person being encouraged. In the end though we may find ourselves working around these people and earning our paychecks is more important than worrying about someone who fantasizes about mutilating their bodies. It would be nice if they left this out of the contract, but corporate already has a similar policy they follow so it’s an easy point to negotiate on.
Yep UPS already had that policy, it really made no difference.

Thebrownblob

Noone with even a shred of a conscience should dignify this quack medical butchery and drug abuse in any way, shape or form. No excuses.
I’m curious why do you think it’s dignified?
Should they not be represented if they’re union members? What does that have to do with my agreement or disagreement about their lifestyle? My experience is they really don’t get any extra protection. It’s all flowery language to do nothing.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Should they not be represented if they’re union members? What does that have to do with my agreement or disagreement about their lifestyle? My experience is they really don’t get any extra protection. It’s all flowery language to do nothing.

The Teamsters have always been about diversity and inclusion.

1684417828168.png

Jim Rockford

I’m curious why do you think it’s dignified?
Im speaking of contract language. The union broke its main promise regarding supplements them came back with some woke garbage as some major win to show for it. Soooo why do they need this flowery language? Teamsters made it a point to highlight it , not me.

Thebrownblob

Im speaking of contract language. The union broke its main promise regarding supplements them came back with some woke garbage as some major win to show for it. Soooo why do they need this flowery language? Teamsters made it a point to highlight it , not me.
Have you ever heard of Law suites? Sorry you don’t understand how this works whether we like it or not the Teamsters could be sued out of existence. And it’s funny you’re crying about two supplements who have not been wrapped up and quite frankly, most likely will not be wrapped up and will probably cause a strike.(especially the Louisville supplement) I think you need to reevaluate your complaints. They are petty and show your ignorance.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Have you ever heard of Law suites? Sorry you don’t understand how this works whether we like it or not the Teamsters could be sued out of existence. And it’s funny you’re crying about two supplements who have not been wrapped up and quite frankly, most likely will not be wrapped up and will probably cause a strike.(especially the Louisville supplement) I think you need to reevaluate your complaints. They are petty and show your ignorance.
Lawsuit, law suites are were the lawyers work. Sheesh

Jim Rockford

Whatever dude.

We aren’t going on strike. That much should be obvious at this point.

If me holding Obrien/zuck accountable for their bluster is crying, then i m good with that.

Tick Tock!

Thebrownblob

Whatever dude.

We aren’t going on strike. That much should be obvious at this point.

If me holding Obrien/zuck accountable for their bluster is crying, then i m good with that.

Tick Tock!
But you’re not holding anyone accountable you showing ignorance about how things work. Dude

The President of the Teamsters has a responsibility to protect the organization from frivolous lawsuits. That could bankrupt the organization, Even if someone who has immature and childish as you does not understand.
I’m sure his team of lawyers advised him it was a smart move, and would be foolish for him to ignore their advice.
Dude

Thebrownblob

Tick Tock! With an exclamation point. Careful boys, he means business
Well, he wasn’t happy with the last administration and he’s not happy with this one so I’m just gonna chalk it up to him being a malcontent.

The wording only matches federal law, so I’m not sure what he’s upset about. It doesn’t give them anything extra they didn’t already have it just protects the union from stupid lawsuits from people looking to get free money.

Jim Rockford

Well, he wasn’t happy with the last administration and he’s not happy with this one so I’m just gonna chalk it up to him being a malcontent.

The wording only matches federal law, so I’m not sure what he’s upset about. It doesn’t give them anything extra they didn’t already have it just protects the union from stupid lawsuits from people looking to get free money.
Hahaha. I cant be unhappy with both? How come? Look. I was totally psyched about o brien and all the tough talk. Especially after the fiasco of Hoffa. Hell , i had high hopes for Obama after Bush. But they sucked! Both! More exclamations for ya.

I dont have any inside info but id be willing to wager that the Biden white house told the teamsters start dancing and promises be damned. Which is why we aint going on strike.

Thebrownblob

Hahaha. I cant be unhappy with both? How come? Look. I was totally psyched about o brien and all the tough talk. Especially after the fiasco of Hoffa. Hell , i had high hopes for Obama after Bush. But they sucked! Both! More exclamations for ya.

I dont have any inside info but id be willing to wager that the Biden white house told the teamsters start dancing and promises be damned. Which is why we aint going on strike.
Well, I don’t think we have enough info to know if we can be unhappy with the current administration.

And protecting the union from frivolous lawsuits is the presidents duty. I didn’t see any extra outlined benefits for anyone.

And doubtful Joe Biden even knows we’re currently negotiating a contract lol, perhaps some of his people have made contact but it’s all conjecture and I have no idea.
Unfortunately, for all of us, politics, are what they are no matter who is in office.