the new 70 hour rule should now speak volumes to us drivers

vvv

safety, what does safety mean anymore to the corporate UPS fools? it means disregarding and overlooking everything UPS has preached about safety since Casey opened the doors. Our so-called leaders have sold us out once and for all. open your eyes drivers. the $$$$$'s are and always have been more important than us. selling out to achieve the all mighty bottom line and save face at our expense says it all. our safety means NOTHING to UPS anymore. Abney is scared to death that he and his boys and girls will fail this peak even though Abney himself said "technology" will get us thru this peak without additional hires. what does that tell us all? we got the message Abney. now it's our turn. you avid BC readers take note. you BC skeptics and BC comedians take heed. contact your locals President and have them provide you with the report that was sent to them months ago about what we drivers can legally and safely do regarding UPS delivery methods. and it all has to do with us drivers who have been trained to park illegally from the first day we were trained. Sean, Hoffa and the others in Washington also have copies of the proposals that will forever change the way we deliver their/our customers packages. this is not a joke. the Washington lawmakers also have copies of our proposals. we have been waiting for this radical change to finally take place and if we stand together we can and will finally control our futures and there is not one thing UPS will be able to do about it. think about it before you laugh or dismiss this change . this will be a game changer for every UPS delivery driver. NO MORE ILLEGAL parking. its gonna happen. Abney thinks technology will save them? we drivers do not need technology to refuse to park illegally any more. we will be protected by the law, not UPS's law. its a decision we all need to make immediately to secure our futures and finally give every driver an edge over the constant BS dished out by mngt. every single day. its time for our change! WE DO NOT HAVE TO PARK ILLEGALLY ANYMORE!

Guys, while I admit that the OP sounds like a nut and can't craft a sentence......truth is I have told you folks numerous times that this is how I work everyday and every stop for many many years. And trust me in that the job takes far longer to do if you adhere to obeying all driving and parking rules and apply SAFETY to them.
I have had residential customers out on their porch stoop in the summer seeing me coming with a delivery and ask me "where is your truck?"
And I respond with "I couldn't find any parking so it's safely around the corner".

If I need to make a left on green I don't do the usual pull out halfway nonsense and turn when it's orange/red. I wait behind the crosswalk as not to obstruct traffic and if need be wait for the next light/left turn arrow. You never know when an emergency vehicle is about to come and I won't be caught out there.

Don't park to near a corner having your truck blocking the stop sign or other signage that other drivers approaching behind you need to see. As well as blocking vision of motorists from other directions.

Goes without saying you should NEVER park by fire hydrants or handicap signs.

Same with parking on wrong side of the street......don't do it.

Even when theres a 2 way street and one side says "No Parking"......don't do it and circle the block to get on the right side. Then circle again to get back into the flow of your EDD.

And I love the somewhat busy street that has residential and it clearly states say "No Parking From 6am-6pm". Hey.......no problem with a driver like myself. I'm tucked away around the corner with a 200 pace walk off each way.

Don't block residential driveways with your truck and rather look further down the block for something safer. It's not our fault they decided to jam us with work and lengthen the vehicle by maybe 30-40%.

Don't park in the middle of the street even for a minute.

Don't speed.....don't roll stop signs.....basically don't be a "me first" prick like 90% of the drivers out on the road.

As for other stuff, don't walk across grass/landscape to shave a minute as your shaving your paycheck.

Apartment/condo deliveries are delivered to customers doors where they live and not the mailroom. Otherwise that's like putting someones house delivery at the curb instead of their door.

Wait on help for over 70's from a union member.

Things like lottery tickets and such that are "front desk only" at some places......bring the damn things there instead of being lazy and leaving it with the receiving guy in back.

Put all those DR's out of sight and weather.

Drivers in office buildings take the freight elevators only if that's the managements rule.

I think I have covered enough here. Whether you care to try these methods now or after peak, or not at all it's your call. But I have done it like this for quite some time. And although it brings some heat on you at first now my methods are known and I don't deviate, and it's become common and accepted.
And in turn it can lower a daily stop count if they don't want you in by midnight.

I hope some of you try to do it like that at least once for a FULL DAY even if it seems aggravating and see the time difference the job actually takes. You'll get use to it. Since I have done so I go out with a carefree mentality knowing I'm doing things right and can't hear nothing about it. You aren't "milking the system" or as some say "stealing time" or I'd have been launched many moons ago.
You're being safe and smart.

Now imagine if EVERYONE did this EVERYDAY. It will easily add an hour or more to each route if you aren't cutting corners. And maybe, just maybe.....more routes get added and your dispatch lightened.

It's works for me people but I can't do it alone.

vvv

"Illegal parking" is how we all can actually get the work done. What the flip are you talking about?

Troll much?

It's not even really parking, it's doing a job.

Sorry to hit you up with the red X brother. You are doing the company favors and not yourself with that line of thought.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Guys, while I admit that the OP sounds like a nut and can't craft a sentence......truth is I have told you folks numerous times that this is how I work everyday and every stop for many many years. And trust me in that the job takes far longer to do if you adhere to obeying all driving and parking rules and apply SAFETY to them.
I have had residential customers out on their porch stoop in the summer seeing me coming with a delivery and ask me "where is your truck?"
And I respond with "I couldn't find any parking so it's safely around the corner".

If I need to make a left on green I don't do the usual pull out halfway nonsense and turn when it's orange/red. I wait behind the crosswalk as not to obstruct traffic and if need be wait for the next light/left turn arrow. You never know when an emergency vehicle is about to come and I won't be caught out there.

Don't park to near a corner having your truck blocking the stop sign or other signage that other drivers approaching behind you need to see. As well as blocking vision of motorists from other directions.

Even when theres a 2 way street and one side says "No Parking"......don't do it and circle the block to get on the right side. Then circle again to get back into the flow of your EDD.

And I love the somewhat busy street that has residential and it clearly states say "No Parking From 6am-6pm". Hey.......no problem with a driver like myself. I'm tucked away around the corner with a 200 pace walk off each way.

Don't block residential driveways with your truck and rather look further down the block for something safer. It's not our fault they decided to jam us with work and lengthen the vehicle by maybe 30-40%.

Don't speed.....don't roll stop signs.....basically don't be a "me first" prick like 90% of the drivers out on the road.

As for other stuff, don't walk across grass/landscape to shave a minute as your shaving your paycheck.

Apartment/condo deliveries are delivered to customers doors where they live and not the mailroom. Otherwise that's like putting someones house delivery at the curb instead of their door.

Things like lottery tickets and such that are "front desk only" at some places......bring the damn things there instead of being lazy and leaving it with the receiving guy in back.

Drivers in office buildings take the freight elevators only if that's the managements rule.

I think I have covered enough here. Whether you care to try these methods now or after peak, or not at all it's your call. But I have done it like this for quite some time. And although it brings some heat on you at first now my methods are known and I don't deviate, and it's become common and accepted.
And in turn it can lower a daily stop count if they don't want you in by midnight.

I hope some of you try to do it like that at least once for a FULL DAY even if it seems aggravating and see the time difference the job actually takes. You'll get use to it. Since I have done so I go out with a carefree mentality knowing I'm doing things right and can't hear nothing about it. You aren't "milking the system" or as some say "stealing time" or I'd have been launched many moons ago.

Now imagine if EVERYONE did this EVERYDAY. It will easily add an hour or more to each route if you aren't cutting corners. And maybe, just maybe.....more routes get added and your dispatch lightened.

I bet most drivers in your center complain because they have more stops than you. I know the feeling. Nothing wrong with doing it right and obeying the law.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
From the management team, Thank You!

You had us worried about the parking negotiations in the contract. Gonna be a slam dunk on this one boys!
Finally get assigned something on the negotiating committee and this guy pulls it out from under me. Unbelievable

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
safety, what does safety mean anymore to the corporate UPS fools? it means disregarding and overlooking everything UPS has preached about safety since Casey opened the doors. Our so-called leaders have sold us out once and for all. open your eyes drivers. the $$$$$'s are and always have been more important than us. selling out to achieve the all mighty bottom line and save face at our expense says it all. our safety means NOTHING to UPS anymore. Abney is scared to death that he and his boys and girls will fail this peak even though Abney himself said "technology" will get us thru this peak without additional hires. what does that tell us all? we got the message Abney. now it's our turn. you avid BC readers take note. you BC skeptics and BC comedians take heed. contact your locals President and have them provide you with the report that was sent to them months ago about what we drivers can legally and safely do regarding UPS delivery methods. and it all has to do with us drivers who have been trained to park illegally from the first day we were trained. Sean, Hoffa and the others in Washington also have copies of the proposals that will forever change the way we deliver their/our customers packages. this is not a joke. the Washington lawmakers also have copies of our proposals. we have been waiting for this radical change to finally take place and if we stand together we can and will finally control our futures and there is not one thing UPS will be able to do about it. think about it before you laugh or dismiss this change . this will be a game changer for every UPS delivery driver. NO MORE ILLEGAL parking. its gonna happen. Abney thinks technology will save them? we drivers do not need technology to refuse to park illegally any more. we will be protected by the law, not UPS's law. its a decision we all need to make immediately to secure our futures and finally give every driver an edge over the constant BS dished out by mngt. every single day. its time for our change! WE DO NOT HAVE TO PARK ILLEGALLY ANYMORE!

I hope you don't get called for a random drug test soon.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
giphy.gif
Live video after you eat shrooms?

The Driver

I drive.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you wrote, but I'll do things like double-park and block the road if I have to in order to get the job done. I'll also block a hydrant if there's no other safe spot to land. If the fire department needs that hydrant while I'm there I'll move the PC or they'll just have to break the windows out to work around me.

The Driver

I drive.
If I need a signature or will be away from the car for longer than it takes to do a DR then I'll park further away. I'm not about to make this harder than it needs to be, though. Just a nice, steady pace all day, and walking as little as possible. Keeps the heat off me, too.

Gear

Parts on Order
I don't disagree with a lot of what you wrote, but I'll do things like double-park and block the road if I have to in order to get the job done. I'll also block a hydrant if there's no other safe spot to land. If the fire department needs that hydrant while I'm there I'll move the PC or they'll just have to break the windows out to work around me.

Do you park in handicap spots too? I assume you do, since the world revolves around you.

The Driver

I drive.
Do you park in handicap spots too? I assume you do, since the world revolves around you.

I park blocking access to handicap spots if there are more available than the ones I'm blocking, yeah. The world doesn't revolve around handicap people, either. We're doing a JOB. We'll be in and out. They can wait a minute. If I'm not going to be in and out, then I'll park much further away and walk it off.

What is this?? Reddit? You snowflake.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I park blocking access to handicap spots if there are more available than the ones I'm blocking, yeah. The world doesn't revolve around handicap people, either. We're doing a JOB. We'll be in and out. They can wait a minute. If I'm not going to be in and out, then I'll park much further away and walk it off.

What is this?? Reddit? You snowflake.
If there is only one hadicap parking spot in some parking lot then I avoid blocking it, but most parking lots have multiple hadicap spots. So if I have to block one or two out of 5 for less than a minute then I don't care.

The Driver

I drive.
Things I will do: block a handicap parking spot if there are multiple spots (there are always more)

Things I won't do: back unnecessarily to fit in a spot that's not a handicap parking spot. I won't be unsafe. But I'll be an annoyance if it means I won't have to back up.

vvv

If I need a signature or will be away from the car for longer than it takes to do a DR then I'll park further away. I'm not about to make this harder than it needs to be, though. Just a nice, steady pace all day, and walking as little as possible. Keeps the heat off me, too.

That's where I believe you are wrong in saying that you are making the job harder. I will try to send a pic from my cell to computer and display on here my load from yesterday.
Doing things my way sure the hell looks better than the blown out loads you all talk about and leave with daily.

Hold tight as I will get that pic up. I could run a track meet down the middle of my buggy before I even pulled out yesterday!! :)

vvv

Here you go brother, now you tell me who's making things harder than need be?

Did anyone else on here leave with a sweet load like this in the middle of December yesterday?

And mind you in that this is a route where I don't even bust 40 miles in a day. And I'll pick up perhaps 25 packages on a normal day.

Maybe I just might have a good point my friend. But keep doing things your way and enjoy the heavy dispatch and hustle n bustle....while I'm all about "Safe, Slow, and in Control".
20171212_093327.jpg

vvv

BTW.......notice how you can eat off the floor of my buggy. Front and back are always kept pristine, and trust me in that it's not done on my time. I'm maintaining the companies property and not living/working like a filthy slob.

One day you chumps (at least 95% of drivers) will learn how to do things right in all aspects of the job.

The Driver

I drive.
BTW.......notice how you can eat off the floor of my buggy. Front and back are always kept pristine, and trust me in that it's not done on my time. I'm maintaining the companies property and not living/working like a filthy slob.

One day you chumps (at least 95% of drivers) will learn how to do things right in all aspects of the job.

I commend you for your efforts. I clean my car out regularly, too. You missed the part where I said I work at a smooth and steady pace. I don’t do anything outrageous out there as far as safety goes. But I do have a job to do and I do it the way i was trained to do it. Whatever that means in every context.

The Driver

I drive.
Here you go brother, now you tell me who's making things harder than need be?

Did anyone else on here leave with a sweet load like this in the middle of December yesterday?

And mind you in that this is a route where I don't even bust 40 miles in a day. And I'll pick up perhaps 25 packages on a normal day.

Maybe I just might have a good point my friend. But keep doing things your way and enjoy the heavy dispatch and hustle n bustle....while I'm all about "Safe, Slow, and in Control".View attachment 170133

I would be careful about posting identifying photos of the inside of company property. If someone wanted to they could easily determine who you are from this photo. It’s a firable offense, just be safe man. I’d remove this.

vvv

Sorry to hit you up with the red X brother. You are doing the company favors and not yourself with that line of thought.
I would be careful about posting identifying photos of the inside of company property. If someone wanted to they could easily determine who you are from this photo. It’s a firable offense, just be safe man. I’d remove this.

I'm good but thanks ;)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So, 95% of drivers are chumps?