the new 70 hour rule should now speak volumes to us drivers

35years

Gravy route
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta...-hour-8-day-holiday.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo
He said that from Dec. 2-9, 88 percent of UPS drivers worked less than 60 hours over that eight-day stretch, and no driver worked 70 hours. Of the drivers who worked 60-plus hours last week, Foust said, the average was 64 hours. And no driver worked in excess of 66 hours over those eight days.

"So while we did notify our drivers that they could be scheduled to work either 60 hours overseen days, or 70 hours over eight days during the holiday season, the reality was none did," Foust said.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Notice he chose a Saturday to a Saturday to say no one worked over 70 hours...How intellectually dishonest. Those would be THE ONLY 8 day stretch that drivers did not go over 70 because it included 2 Saturdays, and many drivers were near 70 hours by the end of Friday.

We had at least 200 drivers in my building alone go over 80 hours from Mon 12/4 through Mon 12/11.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta...-hour-8-day-holiday.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo
He said that from Dec. 2-9, 88 percent of UPS drivers worked less than 60 hours over that eight-day stretch, and no driver worked 70 hours. Of the drivers who worked 60-plus hours last week, Foust said, the average was 64 hours. And no driver worked in excess of 66 hours over those eight days.

"So while we did notify our drivers that they could be scheduled to work either 60 hours overseen days, or 70 hours over eight days during the holiday season, the reality was none did," Foust said.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Notice he chose a Saturday to a Saturday to say no one worked over 70 hours...How intellectually dishonest. Those would be THE ONLY 8 day stretch that drivers did not go over 70 because it included 2 Saturdays, and many drivers were near 70 hours by the end of Friday.

We had at least 200 drivers in my building alone go over 80 hours from Mon 12/4 through Mon 12/11.
Yeah I already posted that article. The whole thing is basically fake news or flat out lies.

Plus it says in there drivers are scheduled for a 70 week over 8 days. Makes it sound like you're scheduled for 8.75 hours per day.

vvv

So, 95% of drivers are chumps?

From what I witness on a day to day measurement, yes I'd have to say so burrheadd.

Too many lazy sloppy habits whether delivering or driving, and they are all stressed out and bitching about being sent out too heavy.
I've given my advice plenty of times on how to control and fix the issue.

I have better stuff to do withy time than drive around in uniform in a truck all day. Yet my self respect and dignity come first and I won't allow these people to step on me. So very heavy sloppy loads are met with a solid response from me.

And again I go out there carefree as they deal the cards and I play them accordingly. I can't turn over Aces when I'm being dealt a pair of 2's.

vvv

Door closed lights on.

Nice pic of your truck at 6 pm but you better get a move on to finish all of that

Totally incorrect partner, before I left the building and had just put my cart in back and closed up while waiting for other drivers to pull before me.

"BOG boy" would have that done by 3pm at most. While I took it for a 10 hour day following correct methods.

vvv

Snowflake?
You park anywhere its easiest for you. You block fire hydrants and say if the fire department needs it, they can wait for you or destroy the package car to hook up. If they ever need a hydrant that you're blocking, they will put the hose through the pc and block you in.

You sound like a 22 year old millennial. Some day you will be fired and not get your job back. Start saving money because you will NEVER replace this job. Good luck.

You won't get thru to him Gear, he's the typical guy getting sent out heavy, cutting corners, driving like a "me first" pudd, and scratching his head wondering why he gets too much work.

I can only sit back and laugh at the this kind. Have many up n down my own dock row in the morning. All gawking into the back of my truck when I'm prepping wondering why my load doesn't look like theirs.

One of my drivers had half his normal load today. I prettied it up. Plenty of dead time waiting on feeders and air. He went out a happy camper. Work might suck, but it's rewarding at times.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Pretty sure the safety committee drones will just ignore this..

TtrfAyH.jpg

Box Ox

Yeah, that'll show 'em. :(

It's an effective starting point to communicate that the Union and the hourlies it represents see past the Company's baloney claims that it cares about driver and public safety. Not a bad gesture going into a contract negotiation year, regardless of how it hits in the immediate term.

The Driver

I drive.
You won't get thru to him Gear, he's the typical guy getting sent out heavy, cutting corners, driving like a "me first" pudd, and scratching his head wondering why he gets too much work.

I can only sit back and laugh at the this kind. Have many up n down my own dock row in the morning. All gawking into the back of my truck when I'm prepping wondering why my load doesn't look like theirs.

I get sent out heavy because that's the amount of work they put on me. I don't run. I walk, not even that fast. I don't back unnecessarily, EVER. I go around the block. Always. I can't think of corners that I cut, today, except if having a helper counts. I'll take multiple trips if using a handcart is dangerous in any way. I drive the speed limit or under, very slow in parking lots, always use my horn, etc. You don't have to tell me how to do my job. And GEAR doesn't know what this job is really like, he can screw off. And you can, too. Hope the target on your back isn't as big as I imagine it probably is, by the way.