the new 70 hour rule should now speak volumes to us drivers

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight!? I'll park illegally both blocking handicap spots AND blocking cop cars in. Driving the big brown truck is like a license to do whatever you want (within reason).
The only place I won’t park is in a bus stop. That’s a ticket you’ll have to pay on your own. Other than that, it’s the wild Wild West as far as where I’m gonna park.

vvv

In my center they'd just load you down and brick you out, and then you'd need help everyday and your union brothers would all start to hate you for not pulling your weight. It's creepy but they've done this to another driver where I'm at.

1) Very well respected there
2) Don't show up to work to "make friends".

vvv

In my center they'd just load you down and brick you out, and then you'd need help everyday and your union brothers would all start to hate you for not pulling your weight. It's creepy but they've done this to another driver where I'm at.

Here you go idiot, this is a driver who caught a split off of me and the way he/she delivered it....really solid work ethic wouldn't you say?
20161229_132114.jpg

These are the drivers who are LOADED DOWN & BRICKED OUT as you say.
These are the drivers sent to HELP ME because they rushed thru their own route working dirty.
These are the LAZY drivers who don't PULL THEIR WEIGHT as you say.....not me.
These are the drivers I laugh at constantly when they bitch about "why do I get so much work"?

What a class act we have here in being too lazy to bring the delivery up the drive and around to the back. And barely leaving the home owner a path up their stairs and of course an easy target for theft.

The Driver

I drive.
Here you go idiot, this is a driver who caught a split off of me and the way he/she delivered it....really solid work ethic wouldn't you say?View attachment 170671

These are the drivers sent to HELP ME because they rushed thru their own route working dirty.
These are the drivers I laugh at constantly when they bitch about "why do I get so much work"?

What a class act we have here in being too lazy to bring the delivery up the drive and around to the back. And barely leaving the home owner a path up their stairs and of course an easy target for theft.

You spying on your cover drivers?

I personally wouldn't DR it like that unless the customer asked me to, or if it was in a gated community.

The Driver

I drive.
It's a pain in the ass, but you get use to it. And it can cut your stop count down dramatically.
Won't know until you try it.

I don't run. I don't cut through lawns unless it's a safer option. I think you and I have a lot more in common in regards to work philosophy and style than you think. I just don't mind double-parking or blocking in some handicap spots a few times a day if it prevents me from having to walk 5 times the distance. UPS is going to give me the same amount of work if I work 40 minutes longer everyday, might as well save my knees. Our building was outgrown 10 years ago, they're not going to add routes.

wayfair

swollen member
So we cut a check for a negotiated amount and they look the other way?

no, they still issue the parking citations and yes, there is a negotiated amount.

Just like using toll roads. Some pc's have the passes installed and some don't. ups sends pc's out on them anyways and the state sends them a bill for every time those pc's w/o passes uses the roads

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Here you go idiot, this is a driver who caught a split off of me and the way he/she delivered it....really solid work ethic wouldn't you say?View attachment 170671

REALLY ????
I'm not lazy and would have done the same thing.
That person had plenty of room to walk up his/her stairs.
If someone orders 17 items that are going to arrive today, I'm not walking them all around the back.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure a safe place to leave packages if they order online.

You can probably hide one package from "porch pirates", but I wouldn't waste my time hiding a residential bulk stop !!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

REALLY ????
I'm not lazy and would have done the same thing.
That person had plenty of room to walk up his/her stairs.
If someone orders 17 items that are going to arrive today, I'm not walking them all around the back.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure a safe place to leave packages if they order online.

You can probably hide one package from "porch pirates", but I wouldn't waste my time hiding a residential bulk stop !!

I would also not walk around; however, if there were a driveway and garage/back door, I would have used either as opposed to where these were left.

I gave a new customer who puts “back door” on all of her packages. To get to the back door requires going through a gate. Not happening. They have a front foyer but insist upon keeping the screen door locked. I have asked them to unlock it and offered to put everything inside the foyer but they refused and as a result everything goes to the left of the front door.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I would also not walk around; however, if there were a driveway and garage/back door, I would have used either as opposed to where these were left.

I gave a new customer who puts “back door” on all of her packages. To get to the back door requires going through a gate. Not happening. They have a front foyer but insist upon keeping the screen door locked. I have asked them to unlock it and offered to put everything inside the foyer but they refused and as a result everything goes to the left of the front door.
I love when people want their crap at the back door. But it's through a gate with multiple dogs in the back barking non stop. HAHA, Dr front door.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I love when people want their crap at the back door. But it's through a gate with multiple dogs in the back barking non stop. HAHA, Dr front door.

Unfortunately, if they make it a customer concern, we have no choice.
Obviously, a possible dog behind a gate would lead to a driver victory.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Unfortunately, if they make it a customer concern, we have no choice.
Obviously, a possible dog behind a gate would lead to a driver win.
I do have the choice because EVERYDAY I deliver to a house and it always pops up to leave it at the rear door. And everyday their dogs are in the back yard so I leave it at the front door.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I do have the choice because EVERYDAY I deliver to a house and it always pops up to leave it at the rear door. And everyday their dogs are in the back yard so I leave it at the front door.

Wasn't arguing your scenario, just that UPS tends to bend to a customer's will before a driver's.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Wasn't arguing your scenario, just that UPS tends to bend to a customer's will before a driver's.
Oh I know this all too well. Last week I had to attempt a high claims delivery THREE :censored2:ING times! Not only that, but they told me after the second attempt that I had to deliver it between 16:15 and 17:00. I was honestly in shock that they catered so much to a high claims lady. Three attempts for a stupid t-shirt from the Gap :furious: