Box Ox

Rookie driver here, still on training route.
What's the problem with someone sorting their truck early? I don't get it....

Yo yo, dawg! The critics of pre-start time sorters are never talking about new drivers trying to make book.

But sorting should otherwise be done while you're on the clock. Maybe by pulling over and going through the load after the NDA is off.

take your time

Our preload sups get on my nerves. Their new thing is , as soon as a driver shows up they demand the preloader leave and let the driver finish. One time he did this I just stood there as everyone left. center manager ran up and said what are you doing ? Why aren't you leaving? I said I'm not a loader and was never trained on how to load? He looked at my like I had just asked him for the equation for ending world hungry. Lol.

Again I know I was being a dick but come on. Let the loader finish while I hell him.

W.T.friend. Now you have me thinking that's what's happening to me. Every time I show up to sort my truck, the loader leaves and just throws :censored2: at the back of the truck.

take your time

I have to disagree with pre-load is physically harder. I did pre-load 7 years. Now loading the mall area was difficult. But in my opinion loading the trucks for 4 hrs was a lot easier then getting in and out of the truck 300 times dollying furniture to a home. Delv boxes of paper to offices up steps etc..

100% this. THIS. I don't know if my route is particularly brutal, but I have one stop that I have to deliver 10 boxes which weigh around 60 lbs, to a door to an apartment with about 40+ steps. :cursing:

take your time

PT sups in my bldg do not even use the restroom without raising their hands-----there is no way in hell they would even think about sending the preloaders home.

BTW----have any of you thought that the word preloader really doesn't make sense?

Zero sense. I originally thought it meant that they inspect the packages or some :censored2:. Why not just call them loaders.....

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
When I was a preloader, we had an old driver (since retired) who would walk up and down the belt SCREAMING at drivers to get out of their package cars. I didn’t get it until I became a driver.

take your time

I have done a lot of **** to make those 70 days, it is the complete opposite of what I do from day 71 onward.
We need a preload management bashing thread.
Those jackasses will remove you for loading slowly in probation.
You want me removed for the crappy load.
Those jackasses then need to be removed.

Interesting.....You see it's :censored2: like this why employees turn from enthusiastic workers into workers who don't give a :censored2: about UPS. They push you so hard during your probation period that almost all say "Ok, jack-ass. Just wait until I'm fully in the Union. I'm going to drag my ass and take my sweet time to friend you back."

take your time

There's a good bit of truth to what you just said. I'm always surprised to see the junkers a lot of our seasoned drivers drive in the morning when I know they're pulling in around 100k a year with OT. I'll sometimes see them in the community and they're dressed just as poorly and look unhappy.

If you listen in on the coffee maker conversations in the morning, you hear combinations of "backpay" "divorce" "new husband" and "ex-wife" just as much as you hear combinations of "dispatch" "sucks ass" "IE blows" and "supervisor" "idiot."

Too bad the internet didn't exist back in 1970-1990. Would of saved a lot of old timers a lot of pain and money.
1_45LjX-btF78WI5DNdzmU8A.jpeg

A good guy

-dont touch your truck until after start time/pcm
-only count air before leaving the building
-after delivering NDA take your 15 right away to sort your truck
-call in any misloads you find through the diad during then

Its not your fault if the preloader doesnt load everything before its time to pull. I regularly let my center manager now how bad our preloaders are misload and bad shelf wise.

I have plenty of old timers that teach us newer drivers the ropes. Specifically following methods and follwing break guidelines.