BigBoiLaCroix

I'm Sensitive
Today was only my second day on preload so I got to shove :censored2: onto two trucks today. The driver that I had yesterday (for some reason not the same dude that I got on that same truck today?) was only a little snippy with me but I really think it was just because there were a TON of irregs and overweights yesterday. He said that I did really good for my first day anyway and I didn't have any misloads at all. Today though, there was a different driver on that truck and I don't know if he's just colorblind and couldn't see the blue vest but he really tried to go off on me for not putting his air in one of the totes, something was missing from a box behind the seat, and because I still had RDC's under the belt? Like, 1. My sup and someone else specifically told me to just put the air where its supposed to go on the truck and that "no one really puts it separate anymore", 2. I don't even know where I'm supposed to get those totes, 3. I didn't even understand what it was that was missing and was it like, not him that dropped the truck off? Shouldn't he know where his own :censored2: is?, 4. RDC's are supposed to go in last so :censored2: off. My other driver for today was so nice though, actually wanted to help me figure stuff out and KINDLY told me his preferences. I'm not gonna put up with the mean driver though, I don't care that I'm in a lower position than him. If he wants to bitch I'll tell him to bitch to my sup because I know that I'm doing fine so far.

Last edited:
Today was only my second day on preload so I got to shove :censored2: onto two trucks today. The driver that I had yesterday (for some reason not the same dude that I got on that same truck today?) was only a little snippy with me but I really think it was just because there were a TON of irregs and overweights yesterday. He said that I did really good for my first day anyway and I didn't have any misloads at all. Today though, there was a different driver on that truck and I don't know if he's just colorblind and couldn't see the blue vest but he really tried to go off on me for not putting his air in one of the box things, something was missing from a box behind the seat, and because I still had RDC's under the belt? Like, 1. My sup and someone else specifically told me to just put the air where its supposed to go on the truck and that "no one really puts it separate anymore", 2. I don't even know where I'm supposed to get those box things, 3. I didn't even understand what it was that was missing and was it like, not him that dropped the truck off? Shouldn't he know where his own :censored2: is?, 4. RDC's are supposed to go in last so :censored2: off. My other driver for today was so nice though, actually wanted to help me figure stuff out and KINDLY told me his preferences. I'm not gonna put up with the mean driver though, I don't care that I'm in a lower position than him. If he wants to bitch I'll tell him to bitch to my sup because I know that I'm doing fine so far.
It's a tote box*

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Today was only my second day on preload so I got to shove :censored2: onto two trucks today. The driver that I had yesterday (for some reason not the same dude that I got on that same truck today?) was only a little snippy with me but I really think it was just because there were a TON of irregs and overweights yesterday. He said that I did really good for my first day anyway and I didn't have any misloads at all. Today though, there was a different driver on that truck and I don't know if he's just colorblind and couldn't see the blue vest but he really tried to go off on me for not putting his air in one of the box things, something was missing from a box behind the seat, and because I still had RDC's under the belt? Like, 1. My sup and someone else specifically told me to just put the air where its supposed to go on the truck and that "no one really puts it separate anymore", 2. I don't even know where I'm supposed to get those box things, 3. I didn't even understand what it was that was missing and was it like, not him that dropped the truck off? Shouldn't he know where his own :censored2: is?, 4. RDC's are supposed to go in last so :censored2: off. My other driver for today was so nice though, actually wanted to help me figure stuff out and KINDLY told me his preferences. I'm not gonna put up with the mean driver though, I don't care that I'm in a lower position than him. If he wants to bitch I'll tell him to bitch to my sup because I know that I'm doing fine so far.
The box thing is called a tote.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Today was only my second day on preload so I got to shove :censored2: onto two trucks today. The driver that I had yesterday (for some reason not the same dude that I got on that same truck today?) was only a little snippy with me but I really think it was just because there were a TON of irregs and overweights yesterday. He said that I did really good for my first day anyway and I didn't have any misloads at all. Today though, there was a different driver on that truck and I don't know if he's just colorblind and couldn't see the blue vest but he really tried to go off on me for not putting his air in one of the totes, something was missing from a box behind the seat, and because I still had RDC's under the belt? Like, 1. My sup and someone else specifically told me to just put the air where its supposed to go on the truck and that "no one really puts it separate anymore", 2. I don't even know where I'm supposed to get those totes, 3. I didn't even understand what it was that was missing and was it like, not him that dropped the truck off? Shouldn't he know where his own :censored2: is?, 4. RDC's are supposed to go in last so :censored2: off. My other driver for today was so nice though, actually wanted to help me figure stuff out and KINDLY told me his preferences. I'm not gonna put up with the mean driver though, I don't care that I'm in a lower position than him. If he wants to bitch I'll tell him to bitch to my sup because I know that I'm doing fine so far.

I know what you mean about those ol mean drivers

Buncha :censored2:s

wilberforce15

Drivers driving beaters because all their money goes to the third wife, while they live in an apartment and the first two wives live in houses he already bought, whose kids barely know their name...

Those guys look with condescension at a self-employed long term PT hub worker with a paid off house, paid off cars, one wife, four kids who actually know his name, and hours and weeks of leisure time and no gray hair.

My mama told me you don't have to jump in a trash can to know that it stinks. I look at all the 50-65 year old drivers and see guys that I definitely don't want to become. Their work ethic is amazing and they are great guys. No hate there. But the company ruined their world, and they barely even recognize it.

I drove for a month as a temp. Forget that. It's not compatible with life. Even the number of hours might be tolerable if that workload was on an off-schedule. Instead, I had to say goodbye to my young kids on Sunday night and hello to them on Saturday morning. That's nonsense. That level of income is not a gift. It's a curse, as soon as that money gets committed to house, alimony, child support, car payments, etc. They're trapped and bitter, and constantly encourage and demean others who don't want to be like that.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Drivers driving beaters because all their money goes to the third wife, while they live in an apartment and the first two wives live in houses he already bought, whose kids barely know their name...

Those guys look with condescension at a self-employed long term PT hub worker with a paid off house, paid off cars, one wife, four kids who actually know his name, and hours and weeks of leisure time and no gray hair.

My mama told me you don't have to jump in a trash can to know that it stinks. I look at all the 50-65 year old drivers and see guys that I definitely don't want to become. Their work ethic is amazing and they are great guys. No hate there. But the company ruined their world, and they barely even recognize it.

I drove for a month as a temp. Forget that. It's not compatible with life. Even the number of hours might be tolerable if that workload was on an off-schedule. Instead, I had to say goodbye to my young kids on Sunday night and hello to them on Saturday morning. That's nonsense. That level of income is not a gift. It's a curse, as soon as that money gets committed to house, alimony, child support, car payments, etc. They're trapped and bitter, and constantly encourage and demean others who don't want to be like that.

There's a good bit of truth to what you just said. I'm always surprised to see the junkers a lot of our seasoned drivers drive in the morning when I know they're pulling in around 100k a year with OT. I'll sometimes see them in the community and they're dressed just as poorly and look unhappy.

If you listen in on the coffee maker conversations in the morning, you hear combinations of "backpay" "divorce" "new husband" and "ex-wife" just as much as you hear combinations of "dispatch" "sucks ass" "IE blows" and "supervisor" "idiot."

wayfair

swollen member
There's a good bit of truth to what you just said. I'm always surprised to see the junkers a lot of our seasoned drivers drive in the morning when I know they're pulling in around 100k a year with OT. I'll sometimes see them in the community and they're dressed just as poorly and look unhappy.

If you listen in on the coffee maker conversations in the morning, you hear combinations of "backpay" "divorce" "new husband" and "ex-wife" just as much as you hear combinations of "dispatch" "sucks ass" "IE blows" and "supervisor" "idiot."

I only take my "junker" to work so that I can park closer to the guard shack, oh, and it's paid off! If I bring my $45,000 gmc to work, I gotta park 1/2 mile away from the guard shack to ward off dents and dings from others.

Our building doesn't have a coffee makers for drivers, hell, they don't even provide water(except for the shtty water fountains) anymore for that matter, so yea, I'm sure the conversations are close.

Better to save for retirement than to live the life of luxury.

wilberforce15

The jealously is obvious.
100k a year easy.....envy and jealousy from those that can't hack it.

I've hiked 20 miles in beautiful wilderness this week, fixed a few bikes, played at the pool, tutored my neighbor for the GED for free, ate three home-cooked meals per day that took a lot of prep time, and sat in my paid-off house to read two books that I received in my pajamas from a driver you say I'm jealous of. And I didn't even have to take a day off to have a week better than most people's vacations. That's a normal week.

Yep, soooooo jealous.

keeb86

Some of these 100k drivers that drive beaters are taking advantage of a car that’s paid off. Their money is probably being invested or in the savings. That’s good for them.

take your time

I’m willing to bet you work through your lunch as well. Have you ever calculated how much money you’ve thrown away?

UPS thanks you for your service.
I wonder how much money he lost.

I wonder how much money you are losing.

anyone that works "off" the clock are idiots!
Why the hell are you sorting b4 start time?!?

Rookie driver here, still on training route. I imagine that as experienced seniority drivers, you have a chance to just haul ass without sorting your truck. But as a newbie, people like me don't have a choice. I'm supposed to scratch 3 days in a row during my 40 days, or I won't make it. That's what the management tells us. The preloaders have the habit of just dumping all the packages at the end of the truck, not giving a rat's ass about organizing anything.

I sympathize with the preloaders, I understand their job is physical. But sorting the truck IS the difference between a good day and a bad day. We should get paid for it, but as a newbie I don't have a say in the matter. I'm in bitch mode until I make it......