sandwich

The resident gearhead
Back in my day we had to do our bashing face to face. Some of those pre-loader/driver/ management altercations were epic.
8a9.jpg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Only people that twist my panties are the cover drivers that find 20 boxes stacked outside of their car and just dump them into the center to drive off at 9:00 on the button. They might be trying to avoid late air but those same 20 boxes end up as missed deliveries to crowd up my car for a second day.

Also when they throw the totes out at the end of the day and keep the tape gun.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Only people that twist my panties are the cover drivers that find 20 boxes stacked outside of their car and just dump them into the center to drive off at 9:00 on the button. They might be trying to avoid late air but those same 20 boxes end up as missed deliveries to crowd up my car for a second day.

Also when they throw the totes out at the end of the day and keep the tape gun.

Oh, the horror....a driver that actually wants to leave the building......gasp.....at start time.

rudy5150

I know right.

This thread is pretty dumb, I have many more gripes with local management and preloaders than any driver I've ever talked with a bagel in my mouth to.

Whats your gripe with preloaders? Why dont you show up at preload start time and show your loader how its done super hero

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Whats your gripe with preloaders? Why dont you show up at preload start time and show your loader how its done super hero
Here's my gripe with preloaders. I have 6 misloads today. 6. And when I'm done I have to deliver all 6 misloads. So yet again. Another night where I don't get to see my kids. You don't need drivers to show up to show you how to match the spa label with the corresponding truck. For example a spa label that says 903 4100 goes into truck 903. Not red. Not 907. Not 904. 903. Pretty simple. Slow the friend down and do your job correctly so I can watch my kids grow up.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Here's my gripe with preloaders. I have 6 misloads today. 6. And when I'm done I have to deliver all 6 misloads. So yet again. Another night where I don't get to see my kids. You don't need drivers to show up to show you how to match the spa label with the corresponding truck. For example a spa label that says 903 4100 goes into truck 903. Not red. Not 907. Not 904. 903. Pretty simple. Slow the friend down and do your job correctly so I can watch my kids grow up.
This job makes you miss a lot of things

barnyard

KTM rider
My car is in the shop, the replacement had gobs of chew under the driver's seat and in the back. There was garbage from at least 4 different lunches and there was less than 1/2 tank of fuel.
Today was the kind of day that makes me hate my coworkers a little more and the place I work a lot more.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
When you tell your driver to bend over and take it with all those packages.
Then they come in sporting their own package and bend u over...

saintrick

Drivers have taken every 22.3 job that has opened up in my building for the last 15 years.
They misload packages.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Drivers have taken every 22.3 job that has opened up in my building for the last 15 years.
They misload packages.
I believe there is some evolved species of driver-gone-preload that intentionally ruins their load in crafty, unforeseen ways. This is like a bigfoot or Jesus belief but they have to be out there, in every center.