GenericUsername

One of the toughest jobs at the company.

I was recently moved to a different park position for peak and the kid loading my truck now is a golden god.

400 pieces on Friday and I could host a gymnastics competition down the middle of the truck it was that clean.

Fresh, crisp hundo incoming for this guy on 12/24

The guy who loads my car is amazing. The guy next to me said he's going to give him $20 for Christmas. I'm like dude, I'm making over $2500 this week. He's getting at least $100 and a bottle of Jack for his efforts.

Dumbperson

Your efforts are much appreciated I am sure. Almost all of the negative comments to preloaders should be directed towards management. After all management is responsible for training and staffing. All too often management is only concerned with getting the packages out of the trailers and into a package car and out onto the street in as short a time as possible. Then it is someone else's problem.
All our preload Supe does is walk around like a :censored2:.

UPSER1987

THIS is a guy that has never preloaded before.

Johney said:
Yea because loading a package that has a sticker to tell you exactly where to put it is tough. Surely you must know what an Alpha chart is?

Actually the same can be said of driving. See box. See box with address. See house. See house with address. Deliver it and do it again. But we see drivers fail time and again.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Menial tasks on a time frame lead to bad habits. You just have to breath, plan more than 1 step ahead every once in a while and do tasks early rather than all at the same time.

For the preload that means scanning, writing hins and even sending in scans can be done before you even pick the package off the belt. Then all you need to worry about is placing street A next to another box for street A.

The PAS numbered sorting system naturally does not accomplish good load density, it works great for 200-piece loads, it sucks for 400-piece loads. Just an observation.

UPSER1987

Excuse me but I was a hell of a preloader giving custom loads to 4 drivers every day. I bitch about my load every time my normal guy isn't there. I could do 1000% better than these morons they have in the center now.

I don’t know how long you’ve been around, but the job is night/day compared to as recently as 5 years ago. I highly doubt you could do 1000% better.

GenericUsername

I loaded for 5 years before I went FT last year. It's still the same. I actually had it rougher than most of the people in our center do now as I was loading a bertha and 3 other cars.

UPSER1987

Excuse me but I was a hell of a preloader giving custom loads to 4 drivers every day. I bitch about my load every time my normal guy isn't there. I could do 1000% better than these morons they have in the center now.

Yea because loading a package that has a sticker to tell you exactly where to put it is tough. Surely you must know what an Alpha chart is?

The two unicorns have been identified. Their :censored2: don’t stink.

Johney

So you wasn't always a fat feeder driver?
Nope. I spent my first year after being hired as a driver preloading as I was laid off from driving. Alpha Charts. Also over the course of my driving career I have come in early to load. I'll recant, it is a hard job just no where near as hard as it use to be...not even close.