BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Nope. I spent my first year after being hired as a driver preloading as I was laid off from driving. Alpha Charts. Also over the course of my driving career I have come in early to load. I'll recant, it is a hard job just no where near as hard as it use to be...not even close.

The packages aren't getting bigger?
We don't fit more onto the trucks?
Management isn't trying to increase "efficiency"?

I think you are mistaking "skilled" for "difficult". I would argue that it now requires less skill, but is a more difficult job.

Nope. I spent my first year after being hired as a driver preloading as I was laid off from driving. Alpha Charts. Also over the course of my driving career I have come in early to load. I'll recant, it is a hard job just no where near as hard as it use to be...not even close.
It's physical bit not the mental pressure of driving

The biggest problem is they took the thinking out of the job. Just look at the PAL label and load it.

GenericUsername

The two unicorns have been identified. Their :censored2: don’t stink.

Little boy, can I get you a crayon and a piece of construction paper to take your mind off your problems? Are you having a bad day? Do you need a hug?

The overall job of preload is not hard, at all, period. The things that make it hard are the people around you missing stuff, supervisors being in the way and making your job harder than it should be, and the flow of the belt. If you stack off your stuff and just load your car, or even let it go by, it's not hard at all. All you have to do is grow a spine and stand up for yourself. I used to let things go by all day long if I couldn't grab it and load it. Oh well, it'll be brought back up to the front of the belt and come down again later. Not my fault they're blowing me out. Grab a box, write the hin, place it on the shelf it belongs on in numerical order. Don't put huge boxes on the shelf and use the floor. Write legibly. When your driver gets in, tell him anything special you had to do in his car to accommodate the load. If he's unhappy, that's on him. You did your best, be proud of your work, and go on with your day.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
It's physical bit not the mental pressure of driving

The biggest problem is they took the thinking out of the job. Just look at the PAL label and load it.
It’s hard to find time to think while loading when there’s tons more volume now than there was before PALs.

Personally, I would hate to scan every single package. I didn’t have much of a problem with misloads.

BeardGang

preload is obviously more than loading your poop colored truck. I have the pleasure of dealing with the irreg packages. Pain is pleasure right.. but they need me to help out unload, drive the irreg train unload it. but then I gotta go help in da. help with recycle. it will only be my 3rd yr July, but people think I've been there for 10yrs. i have more bldg knowledge than most of the sups.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
preload is obviously more than loading your poop colored truck. I have the pleasure of dealing with the irreg packages. Pain is pleasure right.. but they need me to help out unload, drive the irreg train unload it. but then I gotta go help in da. help with recycle. it will only be my 3rd yr July, but people think I've been there for 10yrs. i have more bldg knowledge than most of the sups.
You will always be smarter than the sups. Down here they go into supervision cause they’re lazy and think they are going to move up

GenericUsername

Doing irregs was my favorite thing while on preload. Little to no supervision and you do it at your pace since it's the "safe pace" that is necessary.

MrBates

My preloader is pretty good. When the piece count is around 400-450 pieces hes able to group similar hins together and uses the load chart to plan his load. He also communicates to me any odd placement of boxes. It's when I'm bricked out that everything goes haywire, which I don't blame him for there's only so much a human being can do. With that said 100 bucks and a case of his favorite brew will be waiting for him before Christmas.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
I came here to vent...but ive got nothing left in me. Ive reached the point where the stupid doesnt send me into a friendzy anymore. However the powertrips these pt sups go thru in waves are givin me a run. I dont kno how much more of their harrassment I can take.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I came here to vent...but ive got nothing left in me. Ive reached the point where the stupid doesnt send me into a friendzy anymore. However the powertrips these pt sups go thru in waves are givin me a run. I dont kno how much more of their harrassment I can take.

Everybody is tired this time of year. It makes all the garbage worse.
Ignore.
All you can do.
They're idiots. Just say, "I'll do my best", to their commands, and keep on doing what you can.

Don't quit because of one of those maroons.