The raise in 2002 was bigger than in 2019

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Just pulled out my contract book, Aug 1,2002 through July 31, 2008.

We actually got larger raises 17 years ago!

WTF ARE YOU DOING DENNIS???? 17 YEARS OF INFLATION AND YOU "MANAGED" TO NEGOTIATE THE SAME GOD DAMNED THING!!

YOU REPRESENT US, NOT UPS :censored2:!!!!!

BrownSkid

LeBrown Shames
$.75 in 2002!

$.70 in 2019!

It's actually .75 in 2019 we get the .70 this Aug 1st if this thing passes.

Looked up average gallon of gas in 2002- $1.35 our cost of living has changed since then but the union and UPS disagrees, I'm sure.
I'm a NO vote.

F

Frankie's Friend

Not to be non-union but I already make a good wage. The raises imo are icing on the cake to me.

At $36+/hr plus free healthcare and ot after 8 hrs I cannot ride the sour grapes train in regards to hourly rate for my classification.
@BigUnionGuy , what does freight average for ltl and dsd?

There's other issues to fight in the nma but for me wage increases are not part of it for me.

Let's fix the other parts that are bleeding while we can. Just mho.

Not to be non-union but I already make a good wage. The raises imo are icing on the cake to me.

At $36+/hr plus free healthcare and ot after 8 hrs I cannot ride the sour grapes train in regards to hourly rate for my classification.
@BigUnionGuy , what does freight average for ltl and dsd?

There's other issues to fight in the nma but for me wage increases are not part of it for me.

Let's fix the other parts that are bleeding while we can. Just mho.
Agreed

JL 0513

Looked at my paystub this week and was reminded that union dues is $90/mo. What a joke. I'm guessing union dues wasn't $90 in 2002. Same raise amounts though?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I'm sure @Tony Q will tell you it's great are raised are less then a raise in 2002. Dont worry the union will cut the next contract raises so UPS can get new 22.5 drivers that deliver at 12am at $18hr, dude will except a pizza and see the ups guy delivering lol.

Tony Q

I'm sure @Tony Q will tell you it's great are raised are less then a raise in 2002. Dont worry the union will cut the next contract raises so UPS can get new 22.5 drivers that deliver at 12am at $18hr, dude will except a pizza and see the ups guy delivering lol.
What would you propose that the raises should have been. Break it down for me over five years.

Tony Q

UPS profit that we helped create. Should we not share in that? Are you telling me that they said you get this much and that's it?
So with this contract worth over 14.8 billion over 5 years, do you think this will eat away at those profits you don't like very much?