The raise in 2002 was bigger than in 2019

M

MenInBrown

Typical member mentality. I know what you mean. Kinda like being offered 14.8 billion over 5 years and its the worst contract ever.
A typical member mentality is not to have :censored2: taken away from you when the company is booming. It’s also called common sense. Any concession was not acceptable. Hell, we should just keep the same contract we had the last 5 years instead of this garbage.

Time for change

14.8 billion much of to people that have yet to work a day at UPS. What does UPS stand to gain from discounted drivers especially for Sat and Sunday work? What did UPS do with the tax cut? Some rewarded their employees. As far as major leagues, when you’re in the majors you don’t all get paid the same. I’ve seen plenty of dirtbag drivers that could hardly get a job at McDonald’s, talking about yourself like you’re in the majors is typical arrogant bs from drivers. You’re a mailman that doesn’t even have to take a civil service test , get over yourself and quit being so condescending to part timers who often work harder per hour and have more than one job and have a multitude of reasons why they might still be part time. Not everyone is a man who has js to do outside of work.

Tony Q

A typical member mentality is not to have :censored2: taken away from you when the company is booming. It’s also called common sense. Any concession was not acceptable. Hell, we should just keep the same contract we had the last 5 years instead of this garbage.
So what did you lose out on. Humor me and let me know where you lost.

M

MenInBrown

Th
So what did you lose out on. Humor me and let me know where you lost.

Sorry bro. Not a joke to me. What is creating drivers that will make less in 5 years than we make today? If you were a teamster you would understand, but you aren’t. This contract is about everyone, not just me.

Tony Q

Th

Sorry bro. Not a joke to me. What is creating drivers that will make less in 5 years than we make today? If you were a teamster you would understand, but you aren’t. This contract is about everyone, not just me.
I have been a teamster way longer than you and stood on 1,000 more strike lines as well. You are a product of only working at one place, probably.

Tony Q

Th

There is no doubt I probably have underwear older than you have been a teamster.

Time for change

How about no bump in pt wages for 20 years and those that got hired in that time period are getting screwed. Red circled part timers make bank and new hires and those that haven’t worked a single day at UPS get a big raise but not us in the middle. Will be the difference in this contract not passing vs 2013. Weekends at discount rate? Show up to work bonuses, means company can pay bonuses for whatever they want, which is dangerous. Come on, this contract is garbage.

M

MenInBrown

There is no doubt I probably have underwear older than you have been a teamster.

No doubt. I’m pretty sure you do. You seem like you’ve been wearing the same underwear for decades. Feels good while drinking the koolaid doesn’t it?

Riddle

Just pulled out my contract book, Aug 1,2002 through July 31, 2008.

We actually got larger raises 17 years ago!

WTF ARE YOU DOING DENNIS???? 17 YEARS OF INFLATION AND YOU "MANAGED" TO NEGOTIATE THE SAME GOD DAMNED THING!!

YOU REPRESENT US, NOT UPS :censored2:!!!!!

I just don’t get it. UPS is buying up companies, spending a crap load CNG and LNG vehicles and fueling systems. Building new hubs & adding on to existing buildings to handle the overwhelming volume it brings in. The CEO making $15 million just in bonuses. All while doubling the work force and still making record number of net profits!!!! Of 5 billion dollars!!!!
I’m sorry but they need to stop being greedy and spread the wealth!!! Hell I need to eat to brothers! I don’t need to eat Caviar off of a silver plate but I’m getting sick of eating peanuts while the cost of living has damn near tripled!!!!

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Okay, I actually agree with you. I would have started the part timers at 12 an hour and kept it that way so you could get your buck an hour. I know its very hard to live on 36 an hour.
On a booming economy and the company getting a 20% tax rate from trump, so just because we are good now we should not be able to negotiate for more? Boy I'm glad we have such highly educated union representatives to tell us and UPS we are paid well enough to not ask for more for our fellow brothers and sisters.

Tony Q

On a booming economy and the company getting a 20% tax rate from trump, so just because we are good now we should not be able to negotiate for more? Boy I'm glad we have such highly educated union representatives to tell us and UPS we are paid well enough to not ask for more for our fellow brothers and sisters.
Are you talking about the President Trump tax break? That Billion is factored in.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Okay, I actually agree with you. I would have started the part timers at 12 an hour and kept it that way so you could get your buck an hour. I know its very hard to live on 36 an hour.
And to answer your question in some states or cities 36hr is not a good enough wage to raise a family. You should try to get out more with Denis before you sit at the negotiating table and assume everyone is ok with what your proposing to UPS.