cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Oh wow! I'm so honored to be in your presence!
What is this, a pissing contest?

Saying peak is always the Wednesday before Christmas is a pretty specific statement. If Christmas is Thursday, is Christmas Eve peak day. What if it falls on Wednesday? Is peak day the week before?

Maybe somebody bored enough could search some UPS archives and tell us.

5GnFu9J.gif

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

You just said you've clocked out by 5:30 almost every day.

Not sure where that adds up to 60.

The fact of the matter is most new drivers are given gravy peak routes that would be very hard to screw up.

Not just peak anymore. Some new guys run the same routes year round like there 25 year veterans!! Management is scared to put them anywhere else!! Unbelievable!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Saying peak is always the Wednesday before Christmas is a pretty specific statement. If Christmas is Thursday, is Christmas Eve peak day. What if it falls on Wednesday? Is peak day the week before?

Peak day used to almost always be between the 18-21. Now with Black Friday the week after thanksgiving has been just as heavy if not heavier.

35years

Gravy route
I believe they count all pkgs in the system to calculate peak day; including pkgs picked up. Since we pick up little to no ground later this week, official peak day becomes Wednesday.

That does NOT mean there will be fewer stops on Thursday and Friday to deliver than on Wednesday.

Dhydratd

When Christmas is on a Friday or Monday, as it will be this year, then my statement is generally true. That was my train of thought when I typed my response.

barnyard

KTM rider
My boss thinks tomorrow will be our building's peak. I suspect that Wednesday and Thursday will be it. I am already seeing my piece count dropping. I had 20 more stops today than Friday, but my truck did not look near as full.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I believe they count all pkgs in the system to calculate peak day; including pkgs picked up. Since we pick up little to no ground later this week, official peak day becomes Wednesday.

That does NOT mean there will be fewer stops on Thursday and Friday to deliver than on Wednesday.
Ups measures peak day by packages delivered.

FedEx measures peak day by packages picked up.

budlight

hey friend* face
Sunday went well. Today was an absolute shietshow. Saturday was cleared out, had all the Monday preload trailers up on doors by midnight Monday morning. Get back to work and day sort was getting destroyed, twilight got destroyed, and night sort got to finish what twilight didn't. Preload is going to start in 30 minutes and I highly doubt night sort is anywhere (they're probably close) near finished, lol. Last week was a snooze fest.

badpal

In my experience, seems like Wednesday before gets a push of food its smoked hams and turkeys. Its kinda interesting seeing the transformation take place though, grandmas shipping in the last week and blowing us out is dropping every year. We could get to the point where actual top peak day is in the next week after thanksgiving. And some of this years problems seem to point to that. The oldtimers will also recall all those boxes of crappy cheese we would deliver in the last week 25 years ago, that's long gone.