the single stupidest thing about UPS that i know of

Kingpin13

the degree/course has to be in line with something that can be used in UPS. Business, Accounting, Sales etc. UPS will not pay for a teaching degree or a medical degree or any of the others you entioned. it has to be business related.

false ive talked to a kid whos goin to be a teacher, one is goin for electrical engineering and the other is going for some kind of biology or somethin all gettin tuition assistance right now

Kingpin13

Kingpin - you were getting bad info at least on the package side.

Having a CDL does not give you an inside track on getting a job in Feeder(s).

Seniority gets you the job. UPS trains you just like red states above.

when did i say anything about becoming a feeder driver? ??????

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Kingpin

is this cause you are angry because you didnt get a turkey card this year?

I find is so interesting the feeling of entitlement. UPS agrees to put you to work at a very good wage. Then they agree to provide insurance to cover you and your family. Then when they offer to pay for some schooling for their employees, all we seem to get is groaning and moaning.

Grow up, not everything in life is going to be given to you. Some have to actually be earned.

If ups does not pay for your cdl, then become a brain surgeon. Its a no brainer!

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
King

I think what we have here is a failure to comunicate.

If you will take the time to notice, you frieght boys have a forum all your own. that might be where you want to post the questions you have that are related to your part of UPS.

As for the rest of ups, it is quite a bit different than what you are used to. We actually .........ah whats the use.

As to everything being great, nope. But not everything is a problem like you seem to want to project.

Might be if everything is a big problem, the issue is not ups, but you?

d PS Drewed, thanks for the assist, but i believe that i can handle king with my good hand behind my back ;)

drewed

Shankman
this :censored2: is personally attacking my work ethic when he doesnt know **** about me i said 5 minutes every 3 months, thats how much time i spend on pranks.......does that really matter? 20 minutes a year

how is :censored2: to me not a personal attack?
20 minutes is 20 minutes if youre gonna justify it like that why not 5 mins a week or day even and honestly if youre so busy why do you have that time to pull pranks?

Kingpin13

King

I think what we have here is a failure to comunicate.

If you will take the time to notice, you frieght boys have a forum all your own. that might be where you want to post the questions you have that are related to your part of UPS.

As for the rest of ups, it is quite a bit different than what you are used to. We actually .........ah whats the use.

As to everything being great, nope. But not everything is a problem like you seem to want to project.

Might be if everything is a big problem, the issue is not ups, but you?

d PS Drewed, thanks for the assist, but i believe that i can handle king with my good hand behind my back

actually proving somebody wrong and thinking you are proving somebody wrong are 2 different things let me go to the freight section so i can make a thread to get 2 replies in a year

drewed

Shankman
i never said :censored2: WASNT a personal attack on you 20 minutes a year and 20 minutes a day......pretty sure thats a HUGE difference u ****in genius i guarantee you have sat around or stood around talking or doing something non productive for atleast 20 minutes this year every mother****in worker in the world has

ok lets do 20 mins among the 400,000 upsers, thats 80,000,000 minutes 133,333 hours and lets say the ave worker makes 12 bucks an hr which would be 1.6 million dollars a year, if cuts come around with the ave worker making 50k a yr thats 32 jobs gone

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
King

With all due respect, ,maybe the most single thing was what you saw in the mirror this morning.

Judging by your posts, maybe so........

d

Kingpin13

^read that, it makes no sense and about the 20 minute thing......every worker in AMERICA not just UPS but the whole counry, i guarantee every single worker has done 20 minutes of on the clock talking, resting or whatever not being productive in the past 365 days

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Kingpin - you were getting bad info at least on the package side.

Having a CDL does not give you an inside track on getting a job in Feeder(s).

Seniority gets you the job. UPS trains you just like red states above.
I WISH! I've had my CDL for 16 yrs and I'd jump into feeder in a heartbeat if I could.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
King

With all due respect, maybe the most single (stupidest) thing was what you saw in the mirror this morning.

Judging by your posts, maybe so........

d

Get it now?

OR let me translate it for you?

d

brownrodster

I think it's stupider that every route in my center is over dispatched and bringing back missed, I mean "emergency condition" packages every night, and we won't add routes. I'm not confident in our ability to get everything delivered by Christmas.